Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Patch 1.0.0.6 Virtual Keyboard UI "Fix"

Gingerware
Gingerware
Soul Shriven
As a person who uses a USB keyboard attached to the Xbox, making guild messages of the day since this patch has been horrific. Before, I was able to edit the GMoTD directly from the text box and accept the changes. However now every time I access the text box, the virtual keyboard pops up.

Why is this a problem? Before the patch I was able to make new lines using the physical keyboard and provide formatted news items for the guild to scroll through and read. I could separate topics and not have a giant wall of text. However now, being at the mercy of the virtual keyboard, even with a USB keyboard plugged in I am not able to utilize these new line breaks. The end result is me being able to create only one topic before becoming a wall of text.

May you please look into reverting back this "always working virtual keyboard" design for those who have USB keyboards plugged into their Xboxes?

Thank you.
Guild Leader of: Elmo's Trading Company for NA Xbox One
www.EsoElmo.com
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Work around. Plug keyboard in after game loads.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Gingerware
    Gingerware
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Yodased,

If this solves my problem then you're my hero.

My troubleshooting for a work around involved everything but that specifically, as I mentally grouped this in the bucket of "unplug the usb keyboard and plug back in when the game is active"

I had tried:
    1. A hard shut down of the xbox with the USB plugged in
    2. A hard shut down of the xbox with the USB not plugged in, and only plugging it in once the Xbox dashboard was live
    3. Using another USB keyboard entirely
    4. Plugging it out and in while the game was active (foreground)
    5. Plugging it out and in while the game was not active (background)
    6. other various ways too minor to remember.

Thank you - I'll definitely be trying this.
    Guild Leader of: Elmo's Trading Company for NA Xbox One
    www.EsoElmo.com
  • Joshfight00
    I still have this exact same problem. I even bought a XBOX One Elite Controller and the keyboard attachment.. still no different.

This problem is so consistent occuring, and highly frustrating. As a guild leader I want to communicate directly, but I am finding I am having to use other means like web pages, and BAND app.

We need a better solution.
    XB1 NA - GT: Another Cadaver

Join us on BAND
    Guild Master [Skyrim Rebels]
  • Joshfight00
    To clarify I think the worst thing about the Virtual Keyboard is the inability to put "Returns" in at the end of each paragraph. Instead the text just flows on after each idea, because we only get a single line to input text on.

ESO seems to have built in the ability to use paragraph returns, if you don't have to deal with the annoying virtual "single line" keyboard.
    XB1 NA - GT: Another Cadaver

Join us on BAND
    Guild Master [Skyrim Rebels]
  • ZOS_PeterT
    ZOS_PeterT
    ✭✭✭
    The issue that caused virtual keyboard prompts to fail to appear when players were attempting to type into a text field has been fixed, and the virtual keyboard should now appear consistently.

Typing on a physical keyboard should toggle off the virtual keyboard.
    Edited by ZOS_PeterT on February 2, 2017 3:12PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios

Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

Staff Post
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_PeterT wrote: »
    The issue that caused virtual keyboard prompts to fail to appear when players were attempting to type into a text field has been fixed, and the virtual keyboard should now appear consistently.

Typing on a physical keyboard should toggle off the virtual keyboard.

@ZOS_PeterT

We are experiencing inconsistent interactions regardless of USB or chatpad used wirelessly.

I've personall noticed that if my controller is plugged in to the Xbox one with USB while the chat pad is attached inconsistent interactions other than your suggestion that it's been resolved. This was on 2/2/2017 around 9pm -11:30pm est on the NA server.

Unplugin the chatpad and plugging back in seems to be the only resolution.

In addition to that, the voice chat channel that we join has audio cut off until we also unplug and plug in the chatpad or headset while leaving the USB connection present.

Is it possible that the fix isn't addressing the actual issue that causes these behaviors?
    I'm using an elite controller BTW and Xbox brand chatpad and Xbox brand USB cable from the elite controller and Xbox brand recharge battery that's less than 45 days old.

Both the controller and chatpad have the current updates per the Xbox one console
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 3, 2017 3:09PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501