The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Friends disappeared after PS4 update

fractalknight
fractalknight
✭✭
I only played 2 or 3 hours after installed the latest download. After about an hour I looked for friends and nothing showed. Before the patch, friends showed even if they were not logged on or playing another game. Now there is nothing. I heard that sometimes it take hours to populate your friends. One of my friends could see me and others last night. Some of these places need you to have your friends with you.
Tarkus Aquila - Imperial Templar
Klaaz - Khajit Nightblade
Fractiz - Altmer Sorcerer
Jonsir Vheti - Dunmer Dragonknight
Kills-With-Grin - Argonian Dragonknight

Myrddin the Mystic - Breton Warden

PS4 ESOTU Adventurer since June 2015
  • ZOS_AlexD
    Hi there, @fractalknight.

The following information may be helpful to finding your friends and populating your friends list. This is also available through our ESOTU help site.

The sync between the Xbox Live and PlayStation Network friends lists and ESOTU can take several hours to fully populate.
    Only friends who have logged into the same ESOTU console server will show up on the in-game friends list.
    Xbox One players must follow each other as mutual friends in order for them to show up on their respective in-game Friends list.
    Players should also be aware that the Guild system in ESOTU provides the same social functionalities they may be looking to utilize the friends list for, including:
    • Display player's online status
    • Grouping
    • Travel-to-player
    • In-game mail

Our Development Team is aware of the delay in friends lists syncing and are looking into it. In the meantime, players who wish to circumvent the delay can do so using the following workaround:
    1. Remove the friend from their Xbox/PlayStation friends list
    2. Add the player through the ESOTU UI (Menu > Social > Friends)
    3. The friend now appears on the player's in-game friends list

Let us know if this helps you out any.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • fractalknight
    fractalknight
    ✭✭
    Thank you for responding. You must be busy. I was not having problems until the last update. I played every day for hours each day since the update. Yesterday, I still had the problem. I was able to join friends and play as long as THEY invited me. I have a long friends list and removing them and adding them back would be a chore that I reluctantly want to do. If that is what it takes to fix this, I guess I will have to do so. Hopefully, another update will not mess it up. If it was the update.

Maintenance this morning MAY fix this issue? I am hoping it does!

Thanks again for your response.
    Edited by fractalknight on June 29, 2015 2:11PM
    Tarkus Aquila - Imperial Templar
    Klaaz - Khajit Nightblade
    Fractiz - Altmer Sorcerer
    Jonsir Vheti - Dunmer Dragonknight
    Kills-With-Grin - Argonian Dragonknight

Myrddin the Mystic - Breton Warden

PS4 ESOTU Adventurer since June 2015