The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why on earth is the ps4 update patch 16gb?

Adam2173
Adam2173
Why so big, see they adding a new region or something

Best Answer

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sugacoma not sure but I also have a great line like that and it's not taking that long. Try pausing and restarting ps4 maybe?

To OP. There is a sticky thread on the topic. For some reason we are redownloading all the patches.. Which includes that 15gb day 1 download.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Answer ✓
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More to the point whg is being throttled, 3 days till it downloads ... I have a dedicated 100gb line for my ps4 ... Wtf
  • Adam2173
    Adam2173
    That is a waste of time that, downloading something that is already on my ps4, that will take 48 hours on my connection, guess I got to wait again
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    @sugacoma not sure but I also have a great line like that and it's not taking that long. Try pausing and restarting ps4 maybe?

To OP. There is a sticky thread on the topic. For some reason we are redownloading all the patches.. Which includes that 15gb day 1 download.

I opted for that special secret move ... I went bed n left to do it over night

I think it's a UK thing as were all rocking similar numbers up n down the country.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the PS4 auto-download updates in rest mode ?

edit ... btw re-downloading on limited data plans is a major pain !

another edit ...

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/185459/

Edited by OzJohnD on June 24, 2015 10:51PM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Shep941
    Shep941
    Kinda pissed I didn't know this was coming... also at first I was a steady 3-5 mb / sec now that I've almost got it half downloaded its stalled..... do I risk a reset?
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shep941 wrote: »
    Kinda pissed I didn't know this was coming... also at first I was a steady 3-5 mb / sec now that I've almost got it half downloaded its stalled..... do I risk a reset?

try pause restart a few times - some are reporting this bumps the download speed for a while

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Adam2173
    Adam2173
    Ah another 20gb update. Another 2 days of constant downloading. Sounds fun!
  • mrdankles
    mrdankles
    ✭✭✭
    These throttle speeds suck. I mean 20gb shouldn't take me much longer than an hour... Yet seems like 6 days.
  • Adam2173
    Adam2173
    mrdankles wrote: »
    These throttle speeds suck. I mean 20gb shouldn't take me much longer than an hour... Yet seems like 6 days.

Nah my connection is terrible. Just having a little rant at zeni as i do when these huge update files come our way. I'd still like to know why they are so big.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not 20gb's. That is simply how it is represented on your screen. It is the same with all PS4 updates. Basically how it is handled is that the system opens the entire file being patched but still only applies the 3-4 gb's that are being patched in.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam nerfs and all the new bugs take a lot of memory.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We're closing this thread as it's an old discussion. Please start a new thread instead of necroing an old one.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.