The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No PVP on PS4 NA?

Azalin76
Azalin76
✭✭✭
I am just curious if anyone does any PVP at all on the PS4 NA server. I posted something 4 days ago asking what the main server will be for PVP and didn't get a single response. Is it just to early? Or do PS4 console players just no want to PVP?
  • Kronosphere
    Kronosphere
    ✭✭✭✭
    er what do u mean? i play on pc so not sure but can u not enter the campaign through the "L" menu or what?
    ~House Indoril~
    Submit to the three, the spirits and thy lords.

• Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    I am just trying to figure out which one to play on, trying to get a feel for which is the best one to choose and which one has enough AD players to get the buffs for PVE.
  • ZOS_Ann
    ZOS_Ann
    ✭✭
    We moved this thread to the PvP discussion area. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    On PS4 NA, all 10 Campaigns are very busy, except during maintenance....
    Edited by ZOS_BrianWheeler on June 19, 2015 2:42PM
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azalin76 wrote: »
    I am just trying to figure out which one to play on, trying to get a feel for which is the best one to choose and which one has enough AD players to get the buffs for PVE.
    Wait... so you don't even want to pvp? Might want to start reading the forums before worrying, then.
    On PS4 NA, all 10 Campaigns are very busy, except during maintenance....
    You mean there isn't a backup live PS4 NA Megaserver that mirrors in real time for redundancy and is alternated during maintenance windows at great cost and effort for no practical reason? (gasps) :p
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say I didn't want to pvp, I am just looking for the most populated AD side campaign so when I do pvp I am not with 10 ppl.
  • sloppy_O_Shot
    I am just curious if anyone does any PVP at all on the PS4 NA server. I posted something 4 days ago asking what the main server will be for PVP and didn't get a single response. Is it just to early? Or do PS4 console players just no want to PVP?

Me and 2 friends played it the other night. We went all over the place. Huge board and saw almost nothing but mob's. We freaked out and tried to stay as far away as we could because they were all VR level. Until one guy got cornered and had to fight. We were all shocked when he said he killed it. None of us could believe it. We messed around for a bit but in the few hours we spent we only saw 2 other players. I think it is a combination of things.

1. Like you said it is probably to early for most to try. There is just so much to due in the Alliance areas that most are overwhelmed with just that aspect.
    2. Most player think they need to be a much higher lvl to even attempt PvP (like me and my friends)
    3. The layout/wording wasn't done very well to point out that it is multi player. Sure you get a message after reaching lvl 10. However the message is short and doesn't explain much of anything. Before I went there the 1st time I had no idea there is also PvE type quests. Was given very little information on any thing about what I should be doing. Maybe I was in a rush but we felt really confused most of the time.

For me the game needs to be more informative. Unlike PC this is really the 1st game of this type and size for consoles. They need to understand that and help guide players better. Not everyone comes on the forums.
  • stewie_801
    stewie_801
    ✭✭✭

Better get those PVE buffs while they are hot, because they are getting rid of PVP buffs in PVE.
    PC/NA Ebonheart Pact
    Invictus , Teut Spindle Your Brindle Officer
    Stewie the Destroyer Imperial Templar Former Emperor of Haderus
    Stewie's Big Ole Johnson Khajiit Nightblade
    Ser Arthur Dayne Dark Elf Dragonknight Former Emperor of Chillrend and Haderus
    Stewie's Bank Slot High Elf Sorcerer

• Azalin76
    Azalin76
    ✭✭✭
    I will believe it when I see it, they say a lot of stuff and never follow through. I think too many people will complain if they get rid of them and then they will change their minds.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Me and 2 friends played it the other night. We went all over the place. Huge board and saw almost nothing but mob's. We freaked out and tried to stay as far away as we could because they were all VR level. Until one guy got cornered and had to fight. We were all shocked when he said he killed it. None of us could believe it. We messed around for a bit but in the few hours we spent we only saw 2 other players. I think it is a combination of things.

1. Like you said it is probably to early for most to try. There is just so much to due in the Alliance areas that most are overwhelmed with just that aspect.
    2. Most player think they need to be a much higher lvl to even attempt PvP (like me and my friends)
    3. The layout/wording wasn't done very well to point out that it is multi player. Sure you get a message after reaching lvl 10. However the message is short and doesn't explain much of anything. Before I went there the 1st time I had no idea there is also PvE type quests. Was given very little information on any thing about what I should be doing. Maybe I was in a rush but we felt really confused most of the time.

For me the game needs to be more informative. Unlike PC this is really the 1st game of this type and size for consoles. They need to understand that and help guide players better. Not everyone comes on the forums.

No, it's not. There were online mmorpg's even on the Dreamcast with good playerbases, and earlier ones on the Genesis with a dialup attachment. The difference is this game's UI and game info is currently tucked away and purposefully hidden, on both the pc and console versions. ZOS is taking some steps to alleviate this through reverting api nerfs done in beta and adding official scrolling combat text and buff tracking options but these flaws have hurt the game since it came out, platform independent.

Add in too little community focus by them for fansites, no ingame community tools or website features like a guild database or basics like nameplate/guildtag options, and making it hard to test things even with the current api, and you will find that even digging with google it's tough to find anything useful beyond game-manual depth about ESO gameplay, mechanics, crafting, and classes. The most in depth I even dug up when checking purposefully last night was a basic description of metalworking and a table of xp needed per level on deltia's site, though it claimed being updated last year, provided no tips for people to level it, or even any indication of how much you earned for each crafting action, let alone basics and essentials to the mechanics. And most of his other guides are even shallower, right alongside other sites.

No, the problem isn't that ESO has depth and mechanics or that people aren't used to them. The problem is, and always has been, ZOS' hatred of the idea of letting people access and see them, through User Interface features being removed, scant official gameplay info, restricting addons from even letting people already going out of their way to find info from doing so, and little community outreach in general to help foster a fanbase, which is the typical first step in attracting quality player run sites to form and grow, allowing for people to learn about the game both as potential, new, past, and current players. The bottom line is that this, and it was long warned of, has come back (as was easy to forsee) to bite them, although it already had hurt the entire way along the line during the PC only days.

Want an example? Pre launch, I had written some addons and planned on being an ongoing author, but the general lack of support, and even obstruction in some cases by removing api features without notice and poorly or not documenting many at all, were major reasons I decided it wasn't worth my time to support when they wouldn't themselves. I registered a domain name in the middle of 2014 intending to make a guide and gameplay mechanics site, but after writing a good 18,000 words' worth of content & even making a site layout, testing it on a remote development server after local testing to make sure it was ready for deployment, shelved it as the course of how ESO was going to go became pretty clear.

And I was indeed correct. There was, and still really is, little community involvement overall, with (excluding the past few days from @ZOS_BrianWheeler about the Cyrodiil changes, and @ZOS_ChipHilseberg on the upcoming api fixes) rare comments or more than passing talk of gameplay issues, bugs, feedback/suggestions, or fansite coordination or promotion. About the most we have usually seen is a quick comment that a bug will be asked about to find out if it's an actual bug (though that often isn't followed up on without further reminder or even at all in some cases for weeks or even months), or a one to three sentence remark about the topic that generally doesn't address the actual issue or is too ambiguous to answer it, with followup sometimes never coming, and rarely in a prompt fashion (less than a day).

This has been an issue festering for a long while, and as great a job as the CM's like @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GinaBruno do, there is far too much being left on their shoulders alone between quantity, scope (game systems, design decisions, tech support, news updates, community initiatives like ESO Live which is awesome, and others), and depth (I don't presume to speak for them, but I don't think their job descriptions exactly included troubleshooting game engine client server networking and transactional database queries to track down core functionality problems like server crippling lag in pvp). No, it really needs a change from the top down, and for the company as a whole to both be allowed to, and do their best, at running this game service to not only satisfy, but maximize the profitability of, their customers. It feels from the outside in as though many would like to but are by policy disallowed to do so, and that some who do put in extraordinary effort such as those I tagged in this post, are being overloaded with tasks on their plates unfairly.

Sincerely...
    -Attorney
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.