The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Error 0x87de0017 for Digital Games

dlepi24
dlepi24
✭✭✭✭
I've been trying to get online for the past few minutes and the game crashes immediately and gives the error code: 0x87de0017 . I did some research and it looks like this is an issue with all digitally bought games. Definitely seems to be Xbox's side as I cannot open any digitally downloaded game on my HDD's. I'm not sure if others are having issues, just thought I'd post it here to give someone some answers if they were looking to come complain to @Zos about it.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi @dlepi24,

Confirming that we're seeing some reports of this to and it does seem to be related to an issue currently on Xbox Live: http://i.imgur.com/VtiEaxp.jpg (from one of our players on Reddit.) Full article here.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on June 15, 2015 8:25PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • silvergear
    dlepi24 wrote: »
    I've been trying to get online for the past few minutes and the game crashes immediately and gives the error code: 0x87de0017 . I did some research and it looks like this is an issue with all digitally bought games. Definitely seems to be Xbox's side as I cannot open any digitally downloaded game on my HDD's. I'm not sure if others are having issues, just thought I'd post it here to give someone some answers if they were looking to come complain to @Zos about it.

thank u so much
  • Cyber-wizard
    I've got the same problem on xboxlive. The game instantly crashes with a error code: 0x87de0017. This happend after the Zenimax message that suddently popped up.
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got the same problem on xboxlive. The game instantly crashes with a error code: 0x87de0017. This happend after the Zenimax message that suddently popped up.

It doesn't have anything to do with ZOS. You can visit support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status and see that they're experiencing issues. If you have other games you've digitally downloaded you can try to use them as well and notice they aren't working, either.
  • ThePeskyCrow
    ThePeskyCrow
    ✭✭

It doesn't have anything to do with ZOS. You can visit support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status and see that they're experiencing issues. If you have other games you've digitally downloaded you can try to use them as well and notice they aren't working, either.

Right No digital downloaded games are working. On a side note anyone else notice that some xbox 360 games are backwards compatible so says the site?
    I ate your sweet roll! Kaw~ :v
  • Cyber-wizard
    I wasnt pointing fingers to ZOS. I simply explained how I experienced this issue. Apparently Microsoft is aware of this problem and hopefully they can solve the problem.
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasnt pointing fingers to ZOS. I simply explained how I experienced this issue. Apparently Microsoft is aware of this problem and hopefully they can solve the problem.

lol, that's the joy of internet text chat. Can never pick up on people's emotions correctly, haha. No hard feelings.

Right No digital downloaded games are working. On a side note anyone else notice that some xbox 360 games are backwards compatible so says the site?

No, I didn't see that? Where are you seeing it at? That would be pretty cool.

• The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    Neverwinter worked fine for me the last hour since ESO crashed.

It's a digital, free MMORGP. Kind of wondering what the deal is.
  • ATubofButter
    On a side note anyone else notice that some xbox 360 games are backwards compatible so says the site?

At E3 today, not sure how, but assuming it'll be a digital download type thing. They are adding backwards compatibility to over 100 Xbox 360 games coming this Holiday. Phil Spencer said you will be able to play with your friends on 360 while playing the 360 Games on Xbox One. Sounds pretty cool. Also announced some sorta early access type gaming downloading like Steam. Fall Out 4. Dark Souls 3. Sorry for the rant but this stuff all sounds great.
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a side note anyone else notice that some xbox 360 games are backwards compatible so says the site?

At E3 today, not sure how, but assuming it'll be a digital download type thing. They are adding backwards compatibility to over 100 Xbox 360 games coming this Holiday. Phil Spencer said you will be able to play with your friends on 360 while playing the 360 Games on Xbox One. Sounds pretty cool. Also announced some sorta early access type gaming downloading like Steam. Fall Out 4. Dark Souls 3. Sorry for the rant but this stuff all sounds great.

Dark Souls 3 is confirmed? Oh my, there goes my life. I just watched the compatibility announcement, too. That's really cool. Just goes to show that things aren't always "impossible" like they said it was.
  • Cyber-wizard
    I have played neverwinter on xboxlive. It was interesting af first but the only way you can get the best gear is by using your creditcard. The game is more focused on milking money from players. The in game currency is worthless. Thats why I switched over to ESO.
  • EBONHEARTdrifter
    EBONHEARTdrifter
    Soul Shriven
    Same here, can't get on any games!!! lucky orange is the new black got that new season.
    BIGUS DICKUS
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, can't get on any games!!! lucky orange is the new black got that new season.

Haha, got to episode 3 in one sitting. Decided to TRY to space it out a bit and make it last a little longer than a day lol.
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Not if you group up with people, and play the exchange market. I read all R.A. Salvatore novels, and so Im sucked into the game completely, and I'm also the type of person who'd spend $ before my time, can't get Time back, $ can be generated with a little hard work :). I understand the complaint though, most casuals will come to that conclusion and quit. Eso isn't pay to play, but it does get hard to play solo, Neverwinter's pretty casual for a solo player end game, for the most part.

I find it curious I can play that, digitally, with no issues though.
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_Tip wrote: »
    ^^ Not if you group up with people, and play the exchange market. I read all R.A. Salvatore novels, and so Im sucked into the game completely, and I'm also the type of person who'd spend $ before my time, can't get Time back, $ can be generated with a little hard work :). I understand the complaint though, most casuals will come to that conclusion and quit. Eso isn't pay to play, but it does get hard to play solo, Neverwinter's pretty casual for a solo player end game, for the most part.

I find it curious I can play that, digitally, with no issues though.

Are you having issues with other digital games, though? Not everyone is having this issue, only some of us. You might not be affected by it.
  • ThePeskyCrow
    ThePeskyCrow
    ✭✭

They said disc and your previous digi downloads no needs to rebuy. None of my other games are working GTA V Dying Light etc etc.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/backward-compatibility

If your a xbox preview member the backward compatibility starts today. (Think this has something to do with the errors?)

On a side note yall see the new "elite" controller.
    Edited by ThePeskyCrow on June 15, 2015 9:58PM
  • RAM2191
    RAM2191
    ✭✭
    My friend bought the PC-Console transfer so hes digital, but hes on. I did the same and Im not :(
    Edited by RAM2191 on June 15, 2015 10:07PM
    Ram V6 Imperial Templar (AD)
    I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things who cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth... ally to good, nightmare to you.
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    RAM2191 wrote: »
    My friend bought the PC-Console transfer so hes digital, but hes on. I did the same and Im not :(

Yeah, kind of a bummer. Oh, well. I'll just take this time to look at what E3 has been coming out with.
  • King Bozo
    King Bozo
    ✭✭✭
    Having same issue.
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    having the issue with Eso yeah, dashboarded and can't even get it to load for the last hour or two now. Says I need to be connected to the internet, or sometimes just says to refer the error code to xboxlive status. Went to Neverwinter cuz it's a digital download, and it didnt work the first try, but has ever since.
  • ThePeskyCrow
    ThePeskyCrow
    ✭✭
    Maybe if we make offerings to the crows they will bring us the game back.
  • RAM2191
    RAM2191
    ✭✭
    Maybe if we make offerings to the crows they will bring us the game back.

Screw the Crows! They killed Jon Snow!
    I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things who cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth... ally to good, nightmare to you.
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Snow Lives.

this game does not...for me anyways. I wanna play fix it XBL fix it :(
  • RAM2191
    RAM2191
    ✭✭
    how does he live? Kit harrington said hes not coming back? :O and "dead is dead" apparently :(
  • BassFoxx
    BassFoxx
    Same issue, really hope it gets resolved soon. Finally have a couple free days off work and can't even play right now. Pretty dissapointed.
  • woodz_supreme
    its only doing this to my eso, my other digital games is working... xbox needs to fix this
  • RAM2191
    RAM2191
    ✭✭
    My other games work. but the 2 i do want to play (including ESO) wont work..
  • woodz_supreme
    well i got on now :)
  • ThePeskyCrow
    ThePeskyCrow
    ✭✭
    well i got on now :)

I got on too! Praise the Crows! Leave em offerings of shineys! THE CROWS DEMAND IT! >:v
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    .....the spoilers....they hurt my eyes