The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

unable to send in-game mail

luthrower66
Hello, I am experiencing an issue sending in-game mail to one friend. I have sent mail to everyone on my friend list, but for some reason unable to send or receive from one person. I have tried removing my friend from sxox friend list and re-doing but that did not work. Please help!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hello, I am experiencing an issue sending in-game mail to one friend. I have sent mail to everyone on my friend list, but for some reason unable to send or receive from one person. I have tried removing my friend from sxox friend list and re-doing but that did not work. Please help!

Hi @luthrower66, we're currently looking into an issue that is preventing the sending of in-game mail to those who have a space in their gamertag. Does your friend happen to fall into that category?

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • luthrower66
    Yes there is a space in his gamer tag. Is there an ETA on resolution?
  • luthrower66

Come to think of it though... so do some of my friends that I am able to send mail.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

No ETA yet, but it's something we're looking into with Microsoft.

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Greywolf_McGrowler
    People can't send mail to me and I don't have any spaces in my gametag. It's just Greywolf34
    Commander Greywolf34 PR of The Accursed Legion
  • zackmcgee91ub17_ESO
    I am also experiencing issues with the in-game mail. I know the gamer tag is correct because I've taking it straight from my friends list in game. It says that there is no player by that name... while they are in my group, friends list, and even my guild. It's not just one friend either, I'm experiencing it with multiple players but not all of them.
  • Pr0jektile
    Pr0jektile
    ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing this with in game mail for friends with no space in gamer tag.
    It is not your ability, so much as your willingness to do what is right that will set you apart from the rest.
  • Elements001
    Same issue, no spaces in the persons gamertag I have an issue with though
  • Mailman0105
    No space in gamertag, on my friend list, in guild, can't send mail
  • bmb0815
    bmb0815

Hi @luthrower66, we're currently looking into an issue that is preventing the sending of in-game mail to those who have a space in their gamertag. Does your friend happen to fall into that category?

Not trying to rant but why don't y'all work on making sure we everyone can get into and stay in the game when we want before message and email problems? Just asking.
  • cph1972
    cph1972
    I am experiencing a similar issue.

I can't send mail to anyone that isn't on my XBL friends list - and I can't confirm whether they receive it, I just don't get an error message on sending. I only have one XBL friend who is playing the game and he isn't very active.

I get the 'ERROR: YOU CANNOT COMMUNICATE WITH THAT PLAYER' every time I try to send a mail. This is the same for names with spaces and without. My character name has a space in it though (Star Crusher).

Occasionally I have also had 'THAT PLAYER DOES NOT EXIST' but The 'you can not communicate' error is much more likely.

I have been told that when people try to mail me they get the Player Does Not Exist error. (These players are not in my friends list).

I could really use some sort of update as to when this is likely to be fixed. With mail not working and without text chat I have no chance of joining a guild. I really need access to a guild store if nothing else.
    Edited by cph1972 on June 15, 2015 9:23AM