The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

UI error interface on log in?

Adam_Chattaway
Adam_Chattaway
✭✭✭✭
11165132_10207193537055541_911726376222998318_o.jpg
I was once Banned for making a game criticism. Think about that.
  • johnrich88LFC
    johnrich88LFC
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing with me lost a few quests an can't set them hope they fix this
  • ttpowell
    ttpowell
    Same. It came up when I closed TESO because the loading was not loading. I only teleported from Davon's Watch to Ebonheart and it wouldn't load. I came back to this UI Error. Now it's here after I logged in again.

user:/SavedVariables/ZO_Ingame.Iua:146: unfinished string near ']='
    Edited by ttpowell on June 14, 2015 3:17PM
    PS4
    ttpowell
    North America
    Ebonheart Pact
  • Gizbyt
    Gizbyt
    ✭✭
    Had the same thing when i logged in this morning, though didn't notice anything wrong since.
  • Recalledwheel5
    Recalledwheel5
    Soul Shriven
    I get this same error frequently. Nearly every time I select my character and spawn into the the game it greets me. I have not noticed any problems caused by it though.
  • mpec82
    mpec82
    11165132_10207193537055541_911726376222998318_o.jpg

Same here, but it's infame.lua:158
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for these reports, folks. We're aware of the UI Errors appearing during gameplay, and in most cases, you can just dismiss the error and continue playing without issue. We also have steps listed in this knowledge base article for deleting local save data, which has resolved the errors for a number of players.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Eruamon
    Eruamon
    Well thanks for that developers. I just deleted the game and now have to wait hours to re download it. This bug kept me from doing group partying so I thought doing the recommended deleting the game from my PS4 would be a good idea. Maybe in the future you should come up with a better plan for those of us who don't have a game disk but actually downloaded the game from the PSN store. You have single-handedly ruined my experience with this game. I don't even know if it's worth continuing my subscription or redownloading the game honestly.
  • CuteLilBunny
    CuteLilBunny
    ✭✭
    Thanks for these reports, folks. We're aware of the UI Errors appearing during gameplay, and in most cases, you can just dismiss the error and continue playing without issue. We also have steps listed in this knowledge base article for deleting local save data, which has resolved the errors for a number of players.

Are you aware of the 5 crash threads no one responds on though?
    Shouriko Dark Elf Ebonheart Pact

When the housecat gives away your position.
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭
    Eruamon wrote: »
    Well thanks for that developers. I just deleted the game and now have to wait hours to re download it. This bug kept me from doing group partying so I thought doing the recommended deleting the game from my PS4 would be a good idea. Maybe in the future you should come up with a better plan for those of us who don't have a game disk but actually downloaded the game from the PSN store. You have single-handedly ruined my experience with this game. I don't even know if it's worth continuing my subscription or redownloading the game honestly.

Why did you delete the game when he said to delete local saved data? Also why did you subscribe before playing the game for a while to make sure a subscription is worth it?
    Edited by andersan on June 16, 2015 4:08AM
  • mpec82
    mpec82
    Followed the knowledge base article and for the moment no more UI error.