The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The data for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4...

derwin0
derwin0
I keep getting the following error:

"Cannot continue using the application.
The data for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the
PS4, and then download it again from [Library] on the home screen.

I have deleted and re-downloaded half a dozen time, and it keeps coming back, making the game unplayable.
Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
RACE: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
Server: NA (North America)
Client: PS4
PSN: Derwin0

Due to frequent crashes, I asked PSN for a refund. I might rebuy the game if they ever get their act together.
  • Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Derwin0

do you get an error code on the playstation in addition to the corrupt data message ? If so would you mind posting it, can help to solve the problem maybe.

and second if not done already, sometimes a database rebuild from save mode helps.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5044/~/ps4:-safe-mode
    you can read here step by step ( option 5 )

hopefully this will solve you problems :>
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    No, there was no code. Here's a screen shot I took the morning on the latest corrupted data.

Due to frequent crashes, I asked PSN for a refund. I might rebuy the game if they ever get their act together.
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    Will rebuilding the database kill any installations and save files?

Asking because it mentioned backing up, and my kids have a lot of saves on their sub-accounts.

• Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    no wont delete anything. checks only for problems in the system, and if their are any, fix them.

do you upgraded your hdd maybe from the original ?
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    Yes, but I have no problems with any other games that are installed, which includes all the PS Plus games that were made available since the PS4 came out. And the kids heavily play many of them, along with others I've bought (DLC & Disc).

And upgrading the HDD shouldn't do things, since it's a supported option on the PS4, and Bethsheda should have prepared for that. Especially in light of how quickly these things fill.

• Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it could be a corrupt segment on your hdd, rebuild database is like a defrag on PC. So it will not delete games and saves, but it takes some time like on PC^^ But not sure if it will solve the problem, but i would give it a try, unless your kids want to play in 1 or 2 hours :p
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    Right now I'm redownloading elder scrolls online (3 hours remaining).
    I'll do a database rebuild later on today, kids can always play the ps3 and/or xbox during the rebuild.

• Germal
    Germal
    ✭✭✭
    i hope it works out :smile:
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    Rebuilt the database and redownloaded/installed. Game went about 20 mins. before I got the error again. >:(

• ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello there, @derwin0. This does sound like a PlayStation error; we recommend contacting Sony's support in regard to this issue.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    I don't agree, I come across many people having this same problem with this game with a simple google search. If it was a playstation error, it would affect more games on my system than this one.

Saying it's playstation is just an excuse for not adequately testing this game. It's not like the PS4 harware varies from system to system like in a pc.

• MadJJ
    MadJJ
    Soul Shriven
    I am also currently experiencing this problem is their any way to resolve it. Also it is clearly not a Sony error as I played the game for around 5 hours today and the same error keeps popping up again! If it stops and starts every so often how is it a Sony error?
  • Ta'Aruk
    Ta'Aruk
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I am joining the club of Bethesda screen of doom. I loved playing thus far, it was a blast. Hard as hell, but a blast none the less. I upgraded my hdd to a new 1 tb ssd such and such, and now this error is popping up big time. I am afraid to try any other games, for fear all of my data will be corrupt
  • MadJJ
    MadJJ
    Soul Shriven
    My game was fine until the latest patch. I can play fine sometimes for hours sometimes and then all of a sudden my data is corrupted. If my data was corrupted how can I continue playing fine sometimes, doesn't make sense and clearly a Bethesda issue.
  • dan2711
    dan2711
    Soul Shriven
    Hi, I'm now getting exactly the same error, installed the update twice (14 hours a. Time!!) and also tried the database rebuild, both to no avail, is there any solution yet?
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    So this is now happening to me.... I haven’t been able to log into two of my characters for over a day now. Was there ever a fix?
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    To elaborate further... the game has started performing horrendously for me the last week or so. Load screens constantly - every minute or two at times in open world Cyrodiil, and wayshrine travelling load screens are 3-5mins. The sound delays when casting skills are often 5-10s delayed, then all cone at once, then of course the general delay on everything and game crashing.

I’ve done as the error message recommends and reinstalled the game - TWICE (all 73GB of it), and it hasn’t fixed a thing. Six month old PS4 pro, which has zero issues with anything else. I also got rid of the disc and bought a soft copy of the game and that didn’t help.31j9xt0mrh2l.jpeg
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @Eatmyface

Please follow the steps in this article to try resolving this error.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Eatmyface
    Eatmyface
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I’ve done all of this (multiple times), and have been told that it is an issue with the game / server. It only started happening after the last update... and isn’t happening on any other games.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Eatmyface

If you haven't already, please submit a ticket with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com for further assistance.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this thread is over five years old the discussion is being closed. If your issue continues please go ahead and start a new thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.