The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NPC Lyris Stormborn invisible, cannot interact.

LordCottonmouth
LordCottonmouth
Soul Shriven
I have Xbox One. I am able to log in and play fine until I get to the invisible Lyris Stormborn in the prison in the very beginning. I see her name, but no NPC. I have cleared the persistent Blue Ray memory, logged in and out countless times on both servers with both my characters. Power cycled countless times until I questioned whether it was good for my console. Same issue with both characters when I get to Lyris. Why does it seem like this issue is being handled on a case by case basis rather than the developers simply fixing the issue for the entire platform? So frustrating and disappointing. It's like every game for the "next-gen" consoles have performed worse than the last gen. My friend called last night with ESO on his Xbox One and he is able to play fine, but without sound effects and voices. It would be nice if I could get out of the damn tutorial. SMH
  • wldeedler
    wldeedler
    Soul Shriven
    the invisible NPC issue is rampant through out the game. The only "solution" they have provided is to completely log out and then hard reset your console and log back in. which oh by the way could take minutes or hours or apparently days. On top of that there's no guaranty that that will even work
  • twhiting9275
    Yeah, gonna have to reboot your console. It sucks, I know, but it works for most ;)
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others have mentioned, @LordCottonmouth, totally shutting off your system, then turning it back on may help. We wanted to let you know that we'll have a fix for this issue going in during our next incremental patch. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • trogbad
    trogbad
    Soul Shriven
    Doing a hard shutdown DOES work however, I have had to do this 3 times so far and with each time, I spend anywhere from 10 min to an HOUR waiting to be logged back in.

So, If you have just started the game, it is suggested that you kind of roam around and rank up a little, get a hang of the ESO universe. Cherish this time you are actually IN game. When you are ready to proceed and wait forever in the Queue or loading screen, do a hard restart.