Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The login errors have stopped but still get stuck in queue.

IrishWolf89
IrishWolf89
Soul Shriven
I don't know if this has already been addressed but I know lots of people are suffering from this as we speak. My question is: are the queues accurate? It seems as though they aren't measuring the numbers or the wait time appropriately. Are we going to be waiting in queues for the rest of this games shelf life? I feel fairly confident that this will not be the highest volume of players that ESO will receive on console so are queues going to be a regular part of playing ESO? I'm no stranger to MMO queues but it doesn't seem like we should be getting hit with queues every single day.
What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi @IrishWolf89 - There is currently a display bug with the wait time and your numerical place in the queue, but the queue system is working. Once you're in the queue, we recommend staying on that screen. As soon as you reach the front of the queue you will automatically enter the game.

It's very unlikely that queues will always be something you run into. We're experiencing a very high volume because of launch, but we're also actively looking into ways to increase server capacity (which would reduce queues.) Here is a quote from the ESOTU Console Launch Update we put up last night.
    Server Capacity: While we have established large data centers to support a huge player population, the millions of active players now in ESOTU may require increased server capacity to reduce queues and alleviate any server performance issues. This is being investigated as a priority for us.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Lord_Tonjin
    Lord_Tonjin
    ✭✭
    No they are not, they said they will fix the que in the next patch. But do not leave it, if it says your in a que, your in. But the number is wrong.

As for error codes that is promising to hear. I hope it stays that way.
    "In fire there is the spark of chaos and destruction, the seed of life. In ice there is perfect tranquility, perfect order, and the silence of death."
  • IrishWolf89
    IrishWolf89
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thanks for the response. You guys are much faster at answering questions you are able to answer than most forums I have been apart of. I'm not particularly frustrated with waiting to get in, I get it. It's just frustrating since me and my wife like to try to play together but we both have rather different schedules so we have to play together when we can. Login queues make this hard and she often just gives up lol. Thanks again for the response.
    Edited by IrishWolf89 on June 11, 2015 4:46PM
    What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is busy working on problems that actually matter like finding a way to increase server capacity. its up the the console community to help anyone else with problems lol. because some of have ran into every error you can think of and managed to resolve it ourselves. now we share this knowledge with you :)
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • navyspeed
    navyspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Hi @IrishWolf89 - There is currently a display bug with the wait time and your numerical place in the queue, but the queue system is working. Once you're in the queue, we recommend staying on that screen. As soon as you reach the front of the queue you will automatically enter the game.

It's very unlikely that queues will always be something you run into. We're experiencing a very high volume because of launch, but we're also actively looking into ways to increase server capacity (which would reduce queues.) Here is a quote from the ESOTU Console Launch Update we put up last night.
    Server Capacity: While we have established large data centers to support a huge player population, the millions of active players now in ESOTU may require increased server capacity to reduce queues and alleviate any server performance issues. This is being investigated as a priority for us.

When you say because of launch there is a high number of users but if that number of users stays constant then having a large queue will hurt the game driving the number of users down and reducing queue. I would rather you guys upgrade your hardware to allow for more users.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    navyspeed wrote: »
    When you say because of launch there is a high number of users but if that number of users stays constant then having a large queue will hurt the game driving the number of users down and reducing queue. I would rather you guys upgrade your hardware to allow for more users.

Yep, we agree!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • TMGnrocinu64

I'm sure it works, but I'm constantly being pushed between 1st and 100000th
    I can't tell when I am in the front of the queue
  • xnekrox
    xnekrox
    By why wasn't the upgrade on servers done before!? Everyone knew this was going to be a popular game. I should get a discount or crowns fr buying the imperial edition and can't even play it!