Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Error 318....hmmm but I wasn't

Despairandvideogames
According to Error 318 which I got after the game kicked me off the server, I was" dropped from he server because I hit the message rate limit. Please avoid excessive messaging (ie spamming).

Now let's get one thing clear. I wasn't messaging
I wasn't planning on messaging
I hadn't messaged in the past

So why did I get an error 318. Maybe I should get an error message about the error message.

Can we get a time date as to when you guys will get this game under control. Did you need square enix phone number, might help chat with those debs maybe.
  • Morpheus1227
    Morpheus1227
    Soul Shriven
    I got the same thing twice, how can I be messaging when fighting or riding a horse?
  • NJxRINZLER
    I've gotten the same error 3 times already, so annoying. Also, when fighting npc if I backup 10 feet I still get hit, same with swinging at them, they still get damaged.
  • DeathBySiren28
    DeathBySiren28
    Soul Shriven
    I've had the same error code dc me. Haven't messaged anyone. Can't even see my friends list so I don't know where that came from.
  • AzothNightAngel
    Same here. Kicked off 3 times now for message limit error when I'm not messaging. Follow this with 10 to 20 failed logins due to unexpected internal error. Very frustrated with the terrible roll-out of this game. They must have spent a lot of time designing the logo that they want us to stare at for hours on end.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey guys, just want to let you all know that we're actively looking into this. Could you describe exactly what you were doing when you got this error?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • StuddMuffinVag
    I was just running around in stonefalls mining and questing and I got kicked multiple times for error 318, I haven't ever sent a message. The NA server is running extremely laggy right now to the point where I'd rather not play.
  • zabuzamomo
    zabuzamomo
    Soul Shriven
    Talking to NPC and walking, also once when I got attacked from behind.
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just want to let you all know that we're actively looking into this. Could you describe exactly what you were doing when you got this error?

i was fighting monsters in the wild both times i got this error.
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • theholiestmoses

Got it twice - first when it was on horse, trying to go further west than the game apparently wanted me to. 2nd time was after i passed a 'shipwreck' (don't remember the name) right before a town. I entered the marketplace, entered the home of an argonian, said I'd help her, then other player characters were entering as i was trying to leave and i got booted with 318. It seems that, right before it happens, A button (xbox one) stops working for about 10 seconds - IE can't interact, can't open door, etc.

Edited by theholiestmoses on June 9, 2015 9:49PM
  • theholiestmoses
    Also, each time i got 318 I got repeated login failures. First time I got about 3 and then got in with queue position of 1 (1 sec). 2nd time just happened and got about 5 failed logins...going to give it a rest for awhile.
  • AzothNightAngel
    Just got it again investigating the temple and fighting some skeletons.
  • theholiestmoses
    Wait - does this have anything to do with voice chat? I have kinect voice chat on (because every time I leave area chat it auto logs me back in)...it's picking up TV sound and lots of ambient noise, so I may be just constantly broadcasting. Are you guys in the same boat?
  • NJxRINZLER
    I was playing the game when this keeps happening to me.....not doing anything specific. It's usually after attempting to talk to npc or trying to take out weapon.

Are you looking into the issue with attacking or being attacked from many feet away and those hits registering as damage? Or is that a lag issue?
  • SN1P3RF1931
    SN1P3RF1931
    Soul Shriven
    I have received the same message 3 times so far. As far as describing the parameters of the moments leading up to it, all I can say is I was talking to NPC's at the time the first two happened and using an emote the third.

NPC's were the mages for the Spectral capturing quest in Stonefalls where everything was behaving normally until the boot and the Necromancer Quest for the hunter in Bleakrock Isle. He was invisible on my screen but the option to speak to him was still active; I will admit to spamming the A button in an attempt to force him to load, but only this time. The emote was while I was afk for ~3 min. in Bleakrock Isle and left my character leaning backwards on a wall for aesthetics.

Thank you for all your hard work in building such a beautiful world!
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."
  • chaos3780
    chaos3780
    Soul Shriven
    Happened to me three times all while in battle
  • theholiestmoses
    Third time for me now, while fleeing a buttload of mudcrabs on a beach. Probably getting bogged down from all the stuff happening at once.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, everyone! We're continuing to look at this.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    Wait - does this have anything to do with voice chat? I have kinect voice chat on (because every time I leave area chat it auto logs me back in)...it's picking up TV sound and lots of ambient noise, so I may be just constantly broadcasting. Are you guys in the same boat?

no im using mic but i just got it again trying to sprint on my horse lol
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • robert.l.pittsub17_ESO
    That error pops up for me, only wen im in Xbox Party Chat
  • theholiestmoses
    Not to blow up this thread, but I'm trying to solve/be helpful - is anyone still getting this error? I haven't the last few times...buttons and environment have simply become non-reponsive and then the came quits - no 318. Think this got fixed? Somewhat....
  • 688Imaster_ESO
    I just got a 318 message. I haven't sent a single message. I was in a battle at the time I received the message. Hopefully, this will be fixed soon.
  • DragonPaisible
    error 318, spam.
    i play alone, not talking to anyone, not chatting, and i don't have kinect.
    i try to talk to an npc not responding.
    i may have press A a few time, then this error happen.

now i got the internal server error trying to connect...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to let you all know, the error message you're seeing is a little misleading. There's nothing you're doing that's causing you to get booted; the excessive messaging has to do with data going from the client to the server, not actual message spam from you. We'll continue to look into this issue, but just wanted to clear that up!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • DragonPaisible
    Thank's for letting us know.
    This player say he got banned temporarely after having this error 5 time.
    could this happen to us?
    banned temporarely for spamming
  • Eggstu
    Eggstu
    Soul Shriven
    I was doing nothing. I was walking to find warf rats and it gave me this error.
  • oXb3
    oXb3
    ✭✭✭
    Just to let you all know, the error message you're seeing is a little misleading. There's nothing you're doing that's causing you to get booted; the excessive messaging has to do with data going from the client to the server, not actual message spam from you. We'll continue to look into this issue, but just wanted to clear that up!

I was in the Temple of Mourning Springs when this happened.
    Elder Scrolls is my second home.
    Xbox One/Steam: oXb3
    twitter
  • JSylvan
    JSylvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same error message here. Was standing alone in Davon's Watch outside the Uveran Bank.
  • cab0218
    cab0218
    If there was an open beta we would not have half the problems we are having now. We needed a large amount of people to fully test the servers. Not the small amount that got invites.
  • lsneakl
    lsneakl
    ✭✭✭
    I was just running around in the wild, not attacking, not doing any abilities at all. I did have a 7 gold bounty that was expiring from picking a lock.
  • kurrjur
    kurrjur
    Soul Shriven
    This keeps happening to me as well and I have not sent a single message. I am usually running or riding around, get some lag, then get dropped from game and get error 318.
This discussion has been closed.