The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Loremaster's Archive - Courting Practices in Tamriel"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Loremaster's Archive - Courting Practices in Tamriel."

A Sibyl of Dibella is here to help your hearts and minds find the right track in our latest issue!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE reading these loremasters articles. Awesome read this week too!
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aww, naturally I come up with an idea for a letter after it's already up. :'(

Edit: You know what? Here it is anyway; I don't actually need an answer to it and it was fun to write.
    To the Love Goddess Priestess,

You smoothskins never make any sense to me, but maybe you can make sense about each other.

I have a friend, and I know what you're thinking already so I'll spell this out: the friend is not me, and the friend is not someone I want to take as a mate, spouse, lover, or whatever other names you give the female who lays your eggs.

But she is a friend. And brainwashed lackey of the Dominion or not, she's been helpful and fair to me, getting me out of Pact territory and not being too fussy when I told her I didn't want to join her crusade championing the cause of her elven masters afterwards. So I kind of owe her one, and if I can help her out, then we're even and I can get on with my life.

Here's my problem: my friend has not, to date, shown a lot of mating interest in other smoothskins except for sometimes showing appreciation for members of the opposite sex. Note that I said OPPOSITE sex. (She has a thing for cheekbones. I don't know if it matters. Most of you smoothskins seem interested in things farther down...)

But she went to Craglorn a while ago, and when I saw her next she kept gushing to me privately about someone—she wouldn't name names, said something about a court and spies—she said had eyes like stars and a voice from heaven. Except (from what I can tell) this someone she goes into raptures over is a female, and it isn't like my friend's had some big personal revelation about her bedding preferences; she still ignores every OTHER female she sees. My friend tries to be secretive about it, but I know she's excited because whenever she thinks about this strange female her eyes light up and she starts smiling for no reason.

This...isn't like her. And I'm not sure what to do about it, or if I should. Sooo...help?

--Away-From-Keyboard
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on May 30, 2015 12:30AM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting subtle hint to some things that could be learned when Murkmire gets released.

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...I want to ask, "Gruyère or Marscapone?" but I have no idea if those cheeses actually exist in Tamriel...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.