The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "This is ESOTU - The Elder Scrolls with Friends"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "This is ESOTU - The Elder Scrolls with Friends."

The second installment of our "This is ESOTU" video series explores the benefits of adventuring Tamriel with friends.
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • skillastat
    skillastat
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Communicate using built-in voice chat"

Only on console.
    (PC NA)
    -Saulo Stamina Sorcerer
    -skillastat Stamina Nightblade
    -a blade spirit Stamina Templar
    -Ultima Online I Magicka Dragonknight
    -'Solo DC* Stamina Sorcerer
    -'Ultima Online Stamina Dragonknight
    -Nerd Dk Tank Dragonknight
    -Solochi Magicka Sorcerer
    -Solo Lucci Magicka Nightblade
    -Sølomon Magicka Warden

*All characters are EP, except for one DC.

French Canadian!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "No matter the level disparity between you and your groupmates, the content will scale to your level."

You forgot to mention half the group won't get any loot because they're outside the +-5 level range. :)
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    "No matter the level disparity between you and your groupmates, the content will scale to your level."

You forgot to mention half the group won't get any loot because they're outside the +-5 level range. :)

Yep they conveniently leave that part out dont they? lol
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still with the documentary narrator... :smile:

I figured that would be mentioned pretty quickly.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Tamriel Unlimited boasts a vibrant active community that is the heart and soul of the online experience."

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png
    Wololo.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I CANT WAIT TILL THIS GAME COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Sting864
    Sting864
    ✭✭✭✭

Only on console.

Any animal entrails or tea leaves foretelling when voice chat will be available for the computer version of ESO??
  • starr_stealer
    starr_stealer
    Soul Shriven
    Sting864 wrote: »

Only on console.

Any animal entrails or tea leaves foretelling when voice chat will be available for the computer version of ESO??

I certainly hope never. This is something games continue to make the mistake of handling. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel, stop competing, stop trying to be all-inclusive. Simply put, PC gamers already have voice handled, something them and all their friends have agreed to use. And the last thing I want is some open mic concept, hearing the bank drop open/close non stop is annoying enough, I don't need much more to know there are other players beside me. This isn't about full immersion or anything alike, while I can see "some" benefits from adding voice, I see FAR more drawbacks.

• ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I wish the community was that cool in dungeons! Don't think I've ever had anyone "fight by my side" in a public dungeon since April 2014.
  • starr_stealer
    starr_stealer
    Soul Shriven
    "This is ESOTU - The Elder Scrolls with Friends"

Id really like to ping the subject of, Limited Trial Accounts, again. ESO got a 'bum rap' almost from the get-go, and as a result many gamers out there are afraid to risk the money to find out of THEY like it. Even with ESOTU (no monthly fee) you will still find numerous people not willing to spend what may seem like such a minuscule amount. And sure you can say, hey just let your friends try it out on your computer, well not everyone has that option either.
  • HWHorathlab16_ESO
    HWHorathlab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Only on console.

I certainly hope never. This is something games continue to make the mistake of handling. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel, stop competing, stop trying to be all-inclusive. Simply put, PC gamers already have voice handled, something them and all their friends have agreed to use. And the last thing I want is some open mic concept, hearing the bank drop open/close non stop is annoying enough, I don't need much more to know there are other players beside me. This isn't about full immersion or anything alike, while I can see "some" benefits from adding voice, I see FAR more drawbacks.

Yea clearly you've never played Planetside 2, The inbuilt voice chat in that game is an essential part of the experience, and is used by just about every platoon and squad in the game because it's something that they know everyone will hear and doesn't require them to go outside the game to participate in, which in public platoons and squads is very important (and it's a damn good custom built codec too), inbuilt voice chat would be a gift from the divines if done right
  • HWHorathlab16_ESO
    HWHorathlab16_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Yea, Was just thinking this line is extremely misleading, as cool as it would be for people to play dungeons with levels being irrelevant, it's just an entirely false statement.
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    So many ways to group up!1!!!

Helping new players means rolling a new character... because 3/4 of the games content is locked behind a phase wall.

"oh sorry you want help killing that one quest boss?... mind waiting while i level another character to meet up with you?"

grouping has never been better...
    ZoS apparently STILL can't see how they've taken the Multiplayer out of MMO.... "Elder Scrolls Online" indeed.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only on console.

I came here just to say that too.

I went from "oh cool"

to "what the f**kily f***in b***y f**k??!??!??!"

desk_flip_guy_in_hd_by_lemmino-d6021t4.png

Only on console.

GTFO... we're not talkin about some sort of open-mic area-based "shout".

We want voice chat. Usually implemented in MMO for group-only or perhaps even guild only.

Nobody wants that free for all anyone in the area can hear me sing crap....

Oh sorry, unless you're a peasant.

4rdOcQasKart.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
    Edited by Davadin on May 19, 2015 2:27AM
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only on console.

Yea clearly you've never played Planetside 2, The inbuilt voice chat in that game is an essential part of the experience, and is used by just about every platoon and squad in the game because it's something that they know everyone will hear and doesn't require them to go outside the game to participate in, which in public platoons and squads is very important (and it's a damn good custom built codec too), inbuilt voice chat would be a gift from the divines if done right

Yup.

PS2 player too here. (Glory to the Vanu)

And also was LOTRO, AoC, SWG, Old Republic, and a handful others - of whom all has in-game voice-chat for group content (whether it's group-only or squad-only or immediate vicinity).

Take note, ZOS.

We don't need ported console buffalo feces. We want proper PC in-game voice communication tool.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Man, I wish the community was that cool in dungeons! Don't think I've ever had anyone "fight by my side" in a public dungeon since April 2014.

For me, last week in a delve in veteran Al'kir Desert. These days I usually stay away from others because of the XP drop off after 2 players, but it was just the two of us in there so I went ahead.

• jhadzaan_ESO
    jhadzaan_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes. Prepare for the wonderful game of ESOTU (Extreme Soloing Opposing Team Unity).
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you mention that people in groups loose xp if there are more than two in a group? ;)
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    I CANT WAIT TILL THIS GAME COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME! THIS GAME WILL DO HARM TO YOU!

There is a reason why you're born soulless in the game, as it will consume you real one.
    If there would be an option to see moving pictures of naked Argonian females ingame, I would never close the game.

Only on console.

This would be so rad! Why didn't they have any idea to implement it?

ThePonzzz wrote: »

Put some effort in the game and find a reliable guild! This doesn't mean one with 500 members, but a small one who is familiar to themselves. This adds a peeping ton of fun to the game!
    And that's why I love it.

Random members will always be disappointing, as everyone has other interests in the game. Some want to rush the content, when you want to discover the world.
    Join a guild with TeamSpeak and group up. This will take some time and effort, but it's worth it.
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    We want voice chat. Usually implemented in MMO for group-only or perhaps even guild only.
    Still, this is exactly what "proximity voice chat" is all about.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup. Voice replaces what you would see from SAY and YELL in the PC version.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't want proximity voice chat.

Nobody in PC wants it.

It is as useless as an additional grain of sands on the shore of Cyrodiil.

I want some group-chat. Like those found in other MMO.

I use TS most of the time in raid or pvp, but COME ON....... this is super useful for PUGs, which I participate just as often.
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly all my friends quit long ago,since we couldn't play together :(

• WynonaStealth
    WynonaStealth
    ✭✭
    I AM A PC TRANSFER I WOULD LIKE TO WARN ZOS AND THE COMMUNITY!!

I strongly belive the future of the console version is going to be dark, here is why. Barley anyone uses their mic! On PC you can watch and participate in zone chat or area chat which gives the feeling that your in the world with other people making the world come to life and to chase off loneliness. This is WHY people play mmos, for the social aspects. On console I walk by players here and there sure but I can barley, most of the time I can't tell at all that there actually a human player because again, NO ONE is using their mic. Yes the game will do fine for awhile it's a FRESH elder scrolls game, but WITHOUT the text chat and no one using their mic, people are soon going to relize, "hey this is just a watered down elder scrolls experience" when you can chat openly in zone chat or just see that people ARE playing and selling their wares it relieves the feeling of loneliness as well as makes the game feel like a mmo. ZOS, Mark my words, we need zone chat or the player base WILL dwindle