The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Chillrend competition server.

cricripetitb16_ESO
anigif_enhanced-buzz-2415-1327086304-23.gif
RUN THAT EP GUILD IS ON CHILLREND

You can run but you can't hide.
runf.gif
Edited by cricripetitb16_ESO on May 12, 2015 11:51PM
  • Vynn
    Vynn
    ✭✭✭

runf.gif

Love it.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One day AD and DC will come to a server and fight for it. One day.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• AnteCoyote
    AnteCoyote
    ✭✭✭
    The new cycle is: DC leaves the competitive campaign -> AD and EP fights cause intense lag, eventually causing AD to leave to chase fights with DC -> EP follows everyone else -> Repeat.

Personally, I'd like people to spread the heck out. DC zergs a place, makes a buff campaign, AD all shows up to crash it, then EP shows up wherever the highest populations are because they can't lose in the lag their zergs cause. I'd love for guilds to stop following each other around and stacking everyone into one campaign. The lag fights are far beyond not fun.
    Aldmeri Dominion -J'Ualizz - Siphons-Spirits - S'Renrij - Byz Only Sweeps - Winds-Roots
    Daggerfall Covenant - Lucky Lakhim
    North America
  • Bane_of_Fringe
    Bane_of_Fringe
    ✭✭✭
    AnteCoyote wrote: »
    The new cycle is: DC leaves the competitive campaign -> AD and EP fights cause intense lag, eventually causing AD to leave to chase fights with DC -> EP follows everyone else -> Repeat.

Personally, I'd like people to spread the heck out. DC zergs a place, makes a buff campaign, AD all shows up to crash it, then EP shows up wherever the highest populations are because they can't lose in the lag their zergs cause. I'd love for guilds to stop following each other around and stacking everyone into one campaign. The lag fights are far beyond not fun.

Right. Let's all just PvDoor our own separate buff campaigns. Who needs competition anyways.
    Characters:
    Bane of Fringe Vr-14
    Casts as Hatchling Vr-5
    Shinobu-chan Vr-1
    Holo the Wise and Cunning Vr-5
    Soft Rose Vr-1
    Svaedstrom Lowbie
    Man in the Fringe Vr-2
    Batul Gra-Sharob Vr-1

Previous vets:
    Jade Blossom Vr-1
    Man in the Fringe Vr-5
    RAGE
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

runf.gif

Well EP was struggling for the past month in Chilrend and now that Havoc has showed up the same day in fact both DC and AD put their tail between their legs and run away. I have been on the server all day and there was no lag so blame it on whatever else you can come up with but its pretty clear they are running away from competition. We really need zos to fix this problem by maybe forcing people into campaigns until they fill up then making a new one or something.
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

runf.gif

Well EP was struggling for the past month in Chilrend and now that Havoc has showed up the same day in fact both DC and AD put their tail between their legs and run away. I have been on the server all day and there was no lag so blame it on whatever else you can come up with but its pretty clear they are running away from competition. We really need zos to fix this problem by maybe forcing people into campaigns until they fill up then making a new one or something.

That's not true at all. Misfitz had already planned to move to Azura's a couple of days before Havoc made Chillrend it's new home (we stayed until the end of the campaign, and I am sure they made their decision before campaign reset too).
    Edited by JDar on May 13, 2015 4:00AM
  • All_Bizniz
    All_Bizniz
    ✭✭✭

runf.gif

^^ This! Makes me smile.
  • All_Bizniz
    All_Bizniz
    ✭✭✭
    Deafening-Silence.jpg
  • Hypertionb14_ESO
    Hypertionb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    topic renamed to..

"Chillrend EP buff server"
    I play every class in every situation. I love them all.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

runf.gif

Well EP was struggling for the past month in Chilrend and now that Havoc has showed up the same day in fact both DC and AD put their latency between their legs and run away. I have been on the server all day and there was no lag so blame it on whatever else you can come up with but its pretty clear they are running away from competition. We really need zos to fix this problem by maybe forcing people into campaigns until they fill up then making a new one or something.

Fixed that for ya.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Kupoking
    Kupoking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All_Bizniz wrote: »

runf.gif

^^ This! Makes me smile.

He is talking about your lagging ***, not skills
  • Earendal
    Earendal
    ✭✭✭✭

Your excuses are so played out. For the last month or so, Thornblade has been absent of lag except for the random occasion when a certain AD zerg shows up with 60+ people to try to take all the Emp keeps. While we were on Haderus it was also absent of lag other than the times when AD's PvE zerg showed up in force to take back their buffs. I can say with the utmost certainty that even if every single member of Havoc, 55 the last time I checked, were to log on and play at the same time (which has never happened) we'd still be less accountable for any lag than the groups I've previously mentioned. There are guilds on opposing factions who we've had excellent, lag-free fights with over the last month. On multiple occasions. We'll vouch for their skill, as I'm sure they'd vouch for ours.

We came to Chillrend expecting it to be the most competitive server, and found it lacking. If the so-called "competitive" guilds want to keep running whenever we show up, there isn't much we can do but follow. Maybe that will change, maybe it won't.

Edited by Earendal on May 13, 2015 3:05PM
    Earendal - AD Templar
    Earendal Ebonheart - EP Templar
    Earendal Spellstorm - EP Sorcerer

Haxus and Havoc
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭

runf.gif

I know of at least one large and well know ep guild that left Chill yesterday because Lag and Company has homed Chill. Even other ep guilds don't want to be around them. What does that tell you?
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earendal wrote: »

Your excuses are so played out. For the last month or so, Thornblade has been absent of lag except for the random occasion when a certain AD zerg shows up with 60+ people to try to take all the Emp keeps. While we were on Haderus it was also absent of lag other than the times when AD's PvE zerg showed up in force to take back their buffs. I can say with the utmost certainty that even if every single member of Havoc, 55 the last time I checked, were to log on and play at the same time (which has never happened) we'd still be less accountable for any lag than the groups I've previously mentioned. There are guilds on opposing factions who we've had excellent, lag-free fights with over the last month. On multiple occasions. We'll vouch for their skill, as I'm sure they'd vouch for ours.

We came to Chillrend expecting it to be the most competitive server, and found it lacking. If the so-called "competitive" guilds want to keep running whenever we show up, there isn't much we can do but follow. Maybe that will change, maybe it won't.

If you actually understood what exacerbates the lag, then you would know why guilds are constantly switching servers...It's not because they are running from competition, I assure you that.

It also is not just your guild that people switch servers from. It may have been initially, but it seems that the majority of guilds are all employing the same play style that you use which is the cause of the lag. Anyone that blobs on crown and spams AoEs causes lag, some cause more than others. Some abuse and take advantage of this more than others.

I'll just spell it out for you. 24 v 24 blobbing on crown, spamming AoEs against each other in tight circles around crown causes some lag, yes? Now lets expand that to another area of the map that has 24 v 24 doing the same thing. This makes it worse. Oh, what is that, another group of 24-48 or more are doing the same against another group of 24-48 or more? The lag is even worse. This keeps going the more guilds that are on a server. So by stacking more and more guilds on one campaign, you are exponentially making the lag worse.

This was seen first hand on Azuras last night as guilds migrated over to get quick end of the campaign rewards and prepping for the reset this afternoon.

Your guild for better or worse is seen as the straw that breaks the lag camels back, because you decided to stay on Thornblade during the mass exodus and past history. There is already enough lag generated by everyone else now. Then by deciding to be nomads running to whichever server has the highest population, which is already a lag fest, with your lag inducing play style, have made people leave because the lag gets unplayable and is no longer fun.

People move when you and other guilds come because of this. Not because of the so called "competition". The only competition that happens when there are tons of guilds on one server is who can lag out the server and spam AoEs quicker.

Do you understand why people move when you and other big/lag inducing guilds switch now? This is no longer just a Havoc issue. When AD guilds came to Chillrend, DC/EP and some AD guilds moved. I guarantee that now that these guilds have gone to Azuras, most if not all of the same guilds that moved before will move again. It will be a never ending cycle until ZoS fixes it.

ZoS has a few ways they could fix this. They can lower population on servers even further, which would force guilds to spread out. They could bring back AoE caps. They could fix their friggin engine and code. If I was a betting man, I'd say they do the first one, because they certainly have proven they have no idea what is wrong with the engine/code, and I highly doubt they bring back AoE caps.
    Edited by Takllin on May 13, 2015 5:02PM
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • filmoretub17_ESO
    filmoretub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jauriel wrote: »

runf.gif

I know of at least one large and well know ep guild that left Chill yesterday because Lag and Company has homed Chill. Even other ep guilds don't want to be around them. What does that tell you?

No you don't. There was no lag all day in chil. If you are going to say Nexus you are very very wrong.
  • Jauriel
    Jauriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    LoL. You're funny, Filmore.
  • ZOS_ArtG
    Hello everyone,

We do not allow the naming of individuals or guilds on our official forum. Doing so is neither constructive nor is within the spirit of our Code of Conduct.

If you feel that someone is violating our Terms of Service, we ask that you report them in-game as opposed to creating a thread on the forums. As such, we are closing this thread. Thanks for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.