The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What Happened to day 180

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
Yesterday I had 1 day left on my ESO+ Account, today I got billed and it went straight to 179 days left on my Account.

What Happened to day 180?

I know its nit picky, but a day is a day.
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Casdha. The reason you're seeing 179 is because technically as soon as the clock starts ticking, you have under 180 full days. So if you technically have 179 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, the system won't display 180 full days, it will instead display 179 days.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK With your explanation then there should have been a day zero since it would have been counting the last 23 hours and 59 minutes.

I appreciate your taking time to read it anyways.
    Edited by Casdha on May 7, 2015 4:51AM

• Survivor_Chris
    Casdha wrote: »
    @ZOS_TristanK With your explanation then there should have been a day zero since it would have been counting the last 23 hours and 59 minutes.

I appreciate your taking time to read it anyways.

burn

Torrmund - Nord Dragon Knight - Daggerfall
    Vaseline Jelly - Breton Templar Restoration - Daggerfall
  • pr0sh4wn123
    pr0sh4wn123
    ✭✭
    @Casdha You are actually very correct, and technically @ZOS_TristanK the way that is stated, could actually be called as false advertising. If it is being advertised that you are getting 180 days when in reality you are missing day 180 and/or day 0, you are not getting what you are paying for. But this is just like Casdha said... very nit picky :tongue:
    Stop right there criminal scum!
  • sirnonagon
    the day zero just appears as day 1 because otherwise you would need a mechanic to count hours as to not confuse people...and there isnt one im assuming.
  • skii99
    skii99
    Soul Shriven
    It counts in seconds, meaning 3600*24*180, when your seconds were over, it reset to said amount and started to decrement. Technically you weren't on time to see the number 180.
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    It should appear as 1 day for technically two days. As soon as you go under 2 days it will say 1 day, because it's 1 day and X hours. And on day 0 it will still say 1 day because the hours can't be displayed apparently. And someone figured displaying 1 day would be better than 0 days.
    Edited by Glierhuin on June 16, 2015 11:11AM
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • pr0sh4wn123
    pr0sh4wn123
    ✭✭
    Glierhuin wrote: »
    It should appear as 1 day for technically two days. As soon as you go under 2 days it will say 1 day, because it's 1 day and X hours. And on day 0 it will still say 1 day because the hours can't be displayed apparently. And someone figured displaying 1 day would be better than 0 days.

@Glierhuin You would be correct except for the fact that the "1 day" is only displayed for one day... by what you said it would have to be displayed for 2 full days which it is not. everyone is missing a day... day 0.
    Stop right there criminal scum!
  • hibbles
    hibbles
    ask a banker, they are masters of manipulating the calander exp after 5pm. i would suggest buying the renewal at 12:01AM to take advantage of your day "0"
  • Whendim_ESO
    Whendim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    skii99 wrote: »
    It counts in seconds, meaning 3600*24*180, when your seconds were over, it reset to said amount and started to decrement. Technically you weren't on time to see the number 180.

Grippy.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hibbles wrote: »
    ask a banker, they are masters of manipulating the calander exp after 5pm. i would suggest buying the renewal at 12:01AM to take advantage of your day "0"

Automatic payments,,, So done,,,, Didn't work. ;)

Edit: I got billed at the end of day one at midnight. It went straight to day 179, hence the OP.
    If you want 180 days there are two ways to count in the computer world. 1-180 or 0-179 because the first number takes up a position in the count totaling 180 counts.
    Edited by Casdha on July 1, 2015 12:47PM

• Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    Casdha wrote: »
    hibbles wrote: »

Automatic payments,,, So done,,,, Didn't work. ;)

Edit: I got billed at the end of day one at midnight. It went straight to day 179, hence the OP.
    If you want 180 days there are two ways to count in the computer world. 1-180 or 0-179 because the first number takes up a position in the count totaling 180 counts.

Nope. It's more a logic thing.

On your last day you've got 0 days left, but also 23 hours and 59 minutes.

Our ZOS_Boy did actually explain this.
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that don't understand what I'm saying, you tell me which way is right by your thinking

2d:00h:00m:01s = 11:59pm 2 days and 1 second left
    v
    1d:23h:59m:59s = 12:00am 1 second less than 2 days left

This way ( how It should be done):
    1d:00h:00m:01s = 11:59pm 1 day 1 second left
    v
    0d:23h:59m:59s = 12:00am 1 second less than 1 day left
    v
    0d:00h:00m:01s = 11:59pm 180 days and 1 second left
    v
    179:23h:59m:59s = 12:00am 1 second less than 180 days left

Or this way (which is the way they did it):
    1d:00h:00m:01s = 11:59pm 1 day 1 second left
    v
    179d:23h:59s = 12:00am 1 second less than 180 days left

I wish someone would let me count this way at 50 cents a sub every 30, 90, or 180 days. I'd get a nice bonus on sub renewal day ;)