The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Eternal download

Altai04rus
Good time of day! yesterday I played all day in the game and everything was fine,but today some bug.I go into the game,giving you a username and password and goes to the loading screen before character selection and it loads forever.In task Manager shows the process as running.Help solve the problem of eternal download.
Русский.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was it really yesterday or perhapy the day before? (given your signature, I am assuming you play on EU)?

My suspicion is that you haven't played since the last patch (yesterday, early morning). It is common for the character select screen to load for a lot longer then normally. My personal record is 30 minutes! The main issue is to keep it running. Just walk away and do something else and eventually it will get there. Interrupting the process will not change a thing, but rather have it start all over.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Altai04rus
    Was this bug today eternal download before selecting a character.Play on the European service.
    Русский.
  • Altai04rus
    Screenshot download games and so on forever
    Русский.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there, @Altai04rus. After downloading a patch, the game can take 10-15 minutes to log you into the character select screen. If waiting 15 minutes doesn't pop you through to the character select screen, you may want to lower your visual settings before logging in.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post