The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forum attachment issue

qsnoopyjr
qsnoopyjr
✭✭✭✭
Hello TESO forum moderators and coders.

I'm not sure if your aware, but in your main forums such as, General, Alliance War, Crafting.
The screenshot or posting image is based off of having to download it to an actual website and then post it.
While the other forum sections such as Community creations, and this one, have an Attach image/file button.

I'm not a big fan of the download to photo bucket and then Attach Image URL, please add the Attach Image/file button to all the sections.

I've attached a screenshot showing what I mean, as you can see the button right of the URL button (the chains) is different. The above image is from General section...

Also, it makes zero sense to have a URL button, and another URL button right next to each other. So please take away that image URL and replace it with Attach Image/file button.

Thank you for listening to my consideration.
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oops forgot the attachment and cannot edit the main topic post.

Attached is the image of what I'm referring too.
    39iyacldmyw3.png
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We allow image uploads on a few specific forums, generally for support needs. For example, if someone needs to post a screenshot of a technical problem, or an issue on PTS. Community Creations and the Add-On forums have also been given this capability, to support the goals of these forums.

Outside of these situations, content does need to be hosted elsewhere and linked to. This is intentional, as the forums aren't intended as an image host.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah ok,

Makes sense.

If you ask me though, although that method you guys are doing seems to cut costs...
    Its not very user friendly.
    Back then, 15 years or so ago, an old trend where retailers didn't want to see customers come back... Now, in this day and age, its we want our consumers to talk and talk, come back and pretty much all about satisfying the consumer.

One thing I really like to do when I post is post images of screenshots from the game, and I don't really trust 3rd party clouds. Its too much of a hassle as well, uploading it somewhere else, than posting the url and expecting people to click on the url rather than directly look at the picture.

Pretty much what I'm saying is, the forums should be user friendly and if cutting costs cuts the user friendliness, that's a bad thing in my mind.

Also, other forums like GW2, they allow you to post the image/picture on all there subforums, they don't recommend using a url/image like this forum does.

[snip]

Why do I do that? Because a lot of threads in general are about crash bugs, and other stuff, and posting image of the game helps reinforce the point im making. It's not like I'm using your memory to post one of those memes to make fun of or anything like that, I'm actually using your memory in a positive, reinforcing my point, manner.

I really don't understand how big of an issue it is, theres like 2TB hardrives out or even BIGGER hardrives full of memory, yet you cannot support people posting pictures (I know 2TB is small for server, but if theres such thing for client computers, I'm sure there is massive memory for server computers as well)... This is a massive scale company too, memory shouldn't even be a problem for this company. GW2 forums allow it, I think EQ forums allow it.. I really think this game forum should allow it too. User friendliness >>>>>> Greater than >>> cutting costs/saving money.

That's just my 2 cents on that.

[snip]
    Edited by ZOS_AlanG on April 29, 2015 11:28PM
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We appreciate your detailed and constructive reply, and respect your concerns for image hosts. However, we don't have any plans to expand the image upload option to other forums.
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    One thing I really like to do when I post is post images of screenshots from the game, and I don't really trust 3rd party clouds. Its too much of a hassle as well, uploading it somewhere else, than posting the url and expecting people to click on the url rather than directly look at the picture.
    If you host an image elsewhere, you can still include the image in your post, rather than linking to it. An example.
    Edited by ZOS_AlanG on April 29, 2015 11:28PM
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post