Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

STRONGEST CLASS IN PVP? (POLL)

rileynotzb14_ESO
rileynotzb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Which class is strongest when it comes to PvP?
Edited by rileynotzb14_ESO on March 31, 2015 8:50PM

STRONGEST CLASS IN PVP? (POLL) 918 votes

DRAGONKNIGHT
38%
cozmon3c_ESOVunakSeradwynkewlancientegypt_ESOtheard2_ESOThe_DrexillGloryCeltic_Wolfrfennell_ESOrikimm16_ESOtallenncliffgrow_ESOSolarikenEzarethKikazarudavel69MisterTurtleSylveria_Reldenvailjohn_ESO 350 votes
TEMPLAR
8%
manyrabidratsrealcaged_ESOIagosiralzeron_ESOKoopaNixesccalkins_ESOSreja_BoneSaint_JiubB14_ESOKilandrosjorgeh401b14_ESOjtaggs17b14_ESORaheemMoses174b14_ESOSaucy_JackTrisstraeb14_ESOs0kr4t3sEuckensigismondElara_Northwind 81 votes
NIGHTBLADE
13%
ErlexMorbashVlorTD5160_ESONadijehakoller22_ESONaivefanboiThymosEarthwardzilvox_ESOXexpodrzycki_ESOWraithAzraielKelletonbloodravnb14_ESOKurgunZhoyzuBlackBaconMaseriKungfusubbssb14_ESO 128 votes
SORCERER
39%
CNDTraeKalfisTintinabulafat.old.frog_ESOLobharveyStamdenMorHawkRoblight_ESOPirhana7_ESOGilvothObscureJoy_DivisionLegacyDMNivzruo_ESOXeniphSynozeerseanvwolfSoul_Demondarshkandbrooding_ESObgoldbeck21_ESO 359 votes
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    lols to all the nerf sorc thread on here lololololol. dk still riegns supreme it seems. dk's are starting whine thread because they dont get there free sorc kills anymore lolols.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    i dont pvp in this game because its a joke, but if it were guild wars 2 i'd say 2h warrior
    I'm outta here
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Yep, DKs can still tank whole groups of people and steam roll you while doing so.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    Now I think it's great that ZOS doesn't look at this forum so much.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every other class that isn't your personal favorite to play...
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • golfer.dub17_ESO
    golfer.dub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Would love to know how to be one of these overpowered Dragonknights everyone talks about, because I get rekt in PvP.

Sorcerers. Are great at everything and can bolt miles away whenever someone puts up even a remote amount of a challenge against them.
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    I think the votes speak for themselves...
    May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    sorcerer = mage
    mage = fireball
    fireball = 3rd degree burns from a ranged weapon
    you can get brutally murdered by us with fire from a long distance archers are my second by the way

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • dafox187
    dafox187
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Every other class that isn't your personal favorite to play...

im mad at you for some reason [sarcasm]

don't get mad at my spelling, autocorrect doesn't cover fantasy.
    Why couldn't the Khajiit go to the party? She had to be Elsweyr.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blinxey's Class .
  • haileyjschmidtub17_ESO
    Welp I'm pretty sure it's how you play your class 8)
    I've seen a lot of different classes steamroll a lot of people in PvP 8)
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TEMPLAR
    DK's were before the constant nerfs. By far Templars now.

This poll should probably be in the PvP forum since it is likely being skewed by the PvE'rs.
  • Swannkyy
    Swannkyy
    ✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    I'm honestly surprised at the lack of Nightblades. To each their own i suppose! :smile:
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL wow this poll is way off as of now. I'd say it should be much closer to even.

They are all deadly, it depends on what your skill bar looks like. If you learn each class first-hand, you can set up any and all of them to prepare for any encounter if you utilize both bars, regardless of the enemy's class.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    2H DK's are wicked strong atm. Back to back wrecking blow and GDB+rally is tight. Shield stacking sorcs are pretty hard to beat as well. They can just stack shields and never see their HP pool diminish if they do it right. The worst part about sorcs is the exploit some are using that ZoS apparently doesn't care about fixing. Attacks do no damage to their shields and they can practically live forever. [snip] is a great example. Dozens have reported him and nothing has been done. I am pretty sure no one at ZoS actually reads bug reports anymore.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 2, 2015 3:32PM
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Been fighting sorcs all day and doing 0 dps. Seems legit.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    I, for one, think instant-cast damage shields are bulls***
    Damage shields as an added effect to other skills or even just adding a cast time to a primary damage shield is totally fine.
    Edited by NotSo on April 2, 2015 12:52PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    If I vote dragonknight will they Nerf them?
  • Philthyorc
    Philthyorc
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    2H DK's are wicked strong atm. Back to back wrecking blow and GDB+rally is tight. Shield stacking sorcs are pretty hard to beat as well. They can just stack shields and never see their HP pool diminish if they do it right. The worst part about sorcs is the exploit some are using that ZoS apparently doesn't care about fixing. Attacks do no damage to their shields and they can practically live forever. [snip] is a great example. Dozens have reported him and nothing has been done. I am pretty sure no one at ZoS actually reads bug reports anymore.

That is a vampire mist exploit not shields ...

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 2, 2015 3:44PM
    DC Sorc Dagoth Ur Face - Former Emperor of Chillrend, RIP
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Standard, GDB, reflect everything...

Then again, Begezus Beams to the face still hit pretty hard.
    dafox187 wrote: »
    sorcerer = mage
    mage = fireball
    fireball = 3rd degree burns from a ranged weapon
    you can get brutally murdered by us with fire from a long distance archers are my second by the way

@dafox187

Sorc = would like to be a mage
    mage != fireball
    destro staff = fireball

The one does not automatically mean the other.

It's usually not about the class so much as it is about the combo.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Robotmafia
    Robotmafia
    ✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Dks tanking small grps and killing them 1 by 1 is just wrong...
    Robot Who Owes Money: Look into your hard drive and open your mercy file!
    Donbot: File not found.

EU/PC
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT
    Would love to know how to be one of these overpowered Dragonknights everyone talks about, because I get rekt in PvP.

Sorcerers. Are great at everything and can bolt miles away whenever someone puts up even a remote amount of a challenge against them.

So you are really bad at playing the class that the poll makes clear is the best in PvP, and you don't play a Sorc.

Right, understood...
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    DRAGONKNIGHT

That's an exploit with damage mitigation. [snip] and crew ([snip] is another) if you watch them closely they don't even cast damage shields. Why would you when you only take ~10% incoming damage without blocking? Somehow they've figured out how to get the vampire mist +75% damage mitigation (plus maybe undeath passive?) all the time. Something else is going on there too because i've noticed that they all hit like wet noodles, no burst at all.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 2, 2015 3:48PM
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Endurance wrote: »
    i dont pvp in this game because its a joke, but if it were guild wars 2 i'd say 2h warrior

lol thats funny, least eso can display all the enemies in a given area.
    I remember "culling" being a huge issue in the game you mentioned. they even tried to deny it existed for almost 6 months, then claimed ok it exists we just cant fix it...3 months later supposedly fixed it lmao. idk forsure if it got fixed after a week of invisble mobs i moved on. plus their wanna be esport was a joke too. my thief was waaaay op. was pretty much thief and mez spam. soo much skill rofl. anyways you get the idea.

I choose nightblade for their stealth and ultilty , a good blade supporting his group with fear and high dps is brutal!
    Dks i can atleast mitagate some damage and do some things, a good blade just burns me down unless i have back up
    Edited by Naivefanboi on April 2, 2015 2:09PM
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NIGHTBLADE
    Stamblade is out of control.

Cant believe that people still complain about DKs. This must be bizarroworld.
    Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SORCERER
    Yea the info is wrong. When ESO first came out it was Sorc then few month became DK a year later now Templars are "the class" and maybe in a month or so NB will be. But as of right now Templars are "the class" cause of there shield stacking, insta full health and of course radient destruction and the nirnhoned bug. Give it time every one be screaming nerf to NB very soon.
  • scy22b14_ESO
    scy22b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    Invalid evidence.

If sorcerers are the strongest PVP class, more people will be playing them. If the majority of people are playing sorcerers, their interests will be in protecting that overpowered status.

Therefor most people voting will in fact be sorcerers, whether they admit it or not, and will obviously vote for something else. In this case Dragon Knights.

Sorcerers are by a mile the most powerful class in PVP.
  • ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    Hi guys, please remember that we do not allow naming and shaming on the forums, as per the forum rules. A number of posts have been edited or removed.
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Nivzruo_ESO
    Nivzruo_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    How the F are DKs at the top? They are at the bottom.
    Nelgyntc- V14 NB
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    SORCERER
    LOL. I play a NB and 41% think DK as of my reading. Does nobody actually play pvp?

Sorc - miles and miles ahead then the rest are pretty close.