The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher running extremely slow, tells me to repair, won't repair.

dschiffer12b14_ESO
dschiffer12b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
The last time I played a few days ago, everything was fine. Now, when I run the launcher it runs extrreeemmmeelllyy slow, to where if I click on anything it takes 5-10 seconds to respond. The play option is changed to repair, but everytime I press repair I get Error 210 - PatchManifestError_DownloadFail. I really don't want to have to uninstall and redownload, as that takes quite some time. Has anyone else been experiencing this? If so, have you resolved the issue?
  • Heinrichkarowb16_ESO
    Heinrichkarowb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    open it as Admin a few times , that worked for me
    Options
  • Amiliana
    Amiliana
    ✭✭✭
    You should always have "run as administrator" on both the launcher and on the client.

When it comes to patch manifest error 209 and 210, the best is usually just to ignore them. Reopening the launcher a few times usually enables the Play button, and usually you do not get it if you open the client directly.

Another option is to delete "patch manifest" folder in Launcher folder and then download the patch again. Just make sure that firewall and anti-virus have eso as exception, or disable them temporarily.
    “We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Curchill
    Options
  • Romo
    Romo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to say it again:

1. the LAUNCHER is NOT a LAUNCHER.
    2. the alleged LAUNCHER is only a PATCHER.
    3. After downloading the patch with the PATCHER, ignore all comments to repair or whatever.
    4. Immediately CLOSE the PATCHER.
    5. Start the game from eso.exe(this is the REAL LAUNCHER)
    6. NEVER LAUNCH the game from the PATCHER.
    Options
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings all,

We just wanted to clarify a few things in this thread. The launcher will occasionally throw out a 209 or 210 patch manifest error after a recent patch. The first troubleshooting step to resolve this is to repair your launcher. If this does not work, a workaround is to close the launcher and launch the game through the ESO.exe file.

The launcher contains several valuable tools, and it is not advised to ignore it or bypass it continually. The eso.exe will start the game itself, but it is not the "launcher".

You will need to use the launcher for things such as collecting and submitting a game consultant report, patching your game, updating your game for any hotfixes that may come through, and for repairing corrupt game files. Without going through the launcher, you may miss several news updates, small fixes, and you can occasionally attempt to launch a game that is no longer the most up-to-date version which can prevent you from receiving the benefits of minor bug fixes and small unannounced patches that may be pushed through.

Bypassing the launcher is a great workaround if you are having trouble immediately after patching, but please be advised - the launcher is a useful tool, and we do not recommend bypassing it entirely!

Thank you for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post