The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Consistently crashing

ChiefofCereal
Every 15-60 minutes I will crash for absolutely no damn reason.
This is the crash report:

====================================================================
eso has stopped working.
====================================================================

[reporter]
version = 0.01

[extra]
ProductName = eso
Version = eso.live.2.0.2.1137577
branch = live
char.account = ChiefofCereal
char.alliance = 2
char.name = Xecta
client.executablebits = 32
client.mode = inworld
client.renderertype = D3D11
client.session_start_timestamp = 2015-03-23T23:12:21.623Z
client.time_since_load = 1265
client.timestamp = 2015-03-23T23:36:05.496Z -frme 88431-
client.uptime = 1424.4
computer.name = SIRCHIEF
computer.user = Brandon
cpu.arch = 0
cpu.count = 4
cpu.level = 6
cpu.type = 586
data.depotid = 4000
data.dir = C:/Program Files (x86)/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/
data.syncm = databuild
data.version = 0.win.0.live.1136915
exe.buildnum = 1137577
exe.opt = release
exe.reltype = public
exe.type = client
gfx.description = 9.18.13.4788
gfx.deviceid = 5058.426915906.161
gfx.driver = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
gfx.vendorid = 4318
globby.address = 198.20.200.25
globby.port = 24506
loc.wloc = 198 250056 12433 233762 -168.80
loc.world = Stonefalls
loc.worldid = 198
loc.zone = Stonefalls
login.address = 198.20.200.25
mem.current = 1784
mem.peak = 1987
mem.physical = 16312
os.osbits = 64
os.platform = windows
os.version = 6.2.9200.
ptime = 0
realm.depotid = 0
realm.id = 4000
realm.name = NA Megaserver
reportfield.ver = 3
version.major = 2
version.patch = 0
version.subpatch = 2
  • ChiefofCereal
    At the time I made this thread I started the game again and crashed again.
  • firewatch
    firewatch
    ✭✭✭
    I have been crashing a lot whenever I am in Cyrodiil. At one point I was crashing every five minutes. After the fifth or sixth time I just gave up and quit playing. I hope this last update helps, but I am not optimistic.
  • ZOS_MollyH
    Greetings!

Are you receiving any error messages? Is there a window that pops up with an error number when this occurs or when trying to log back in afterwards, or does it just provide the crash report?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • GekkoGeckoh
    GekkoGeckoh
    Soul Shriven
    Been getting the same kind of crashes, no error message- zilch, nada; just the crash reporter. No clue as to why.
  • SnowmanDK
    SnowmanDK
    ✭✭✭
    I have had 3 crashed in 2 days now (since latest patch). Before this patch I NEVER crashed, and I have been playing since beta.
    The game just freeze and then I get a message from Windows that it stopped replying, so I get no messages from the game.

From Windows Event Log (in danish):
    Programmet eso.exe version 1.0.0.1 afbrød kommunikationen med Windows og blev afsluttet. Hvis du vil se, om der findes flere oplysninger om problemet, kan du læse om problemets historik via Løsningscenter.
     Proces-id: 1644
     Starttidspunkt: 01d0664a5e9acc22
     Afslutningstidspunkt: 599
     Programsti: E:\Elder Scrolls Online\Launcher\..\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
     Rapport-id: b9fd31db-d268-11e4-97ba-50e549c2cb93

Source: Application Hang
    Event ID: 1002
    Ebonheart Pact: Titiani - Templar
    Ebonheart Pact: Xsnowman - Crafter
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    firewatch wrote: »
    I have been crashing a lot whenever I am in Cyrodiil. At one point I was crashing every five minutes. After the fifth or sixth time I just gave up and quit playing. I hope this last update helps, but I am not optimistic.
    I'm getting a very similar issue. Crashing every half an hour or so for no apparent reason. It seems to only happen in Cyrodiil, although I have crashed in 3/3 Hel Ra runs since the patch.
    After Update 2.0.2 however, the crashing seems to be happening less often.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • ChiefofCereal
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Greetings!

Are you receiving any error messages? Is there a window that pops up with an error number when this occurs or when trying to log back in afterwards, or does it just provide the crash report?

Nothing.
    Just the crash report.
  • RavensHell
    RavensHell
    Soul Shriven
    I've crashed about 3 times in the last 45 mins. All three times in Mournhold on my mount just riding around and talking on Teamspeak. No error messages.
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MollyH wrote: »
    Greetings!

Nothing.
    Just the crash report.
    Yup same here, no error messages, just a crash report. And 9 times out of 10, when I log back in after a crash, I get that annoying bug where I can't see alliance or group indicators and have to relog again a couple of times.
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was getting the same thing, so I turned down the draw distance and disabled in-game anti-aliasing using instead the anti-aliasing provided through my graphics card driver software. This boosted frame rates and I haven't experienced the random crash yet since doing this, but I haven't been brave enough to try Cyrodiil again which is always where the crashing was the worst.
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • Jerethi50ub17_ESO
    Jerethi50ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm not 100% what fixed it for me, but i had the crashing, and now I do not. The process I went through when the crashing stopped is as follows.

I located my Elder Scrolls Online folder within my documents folder and then deleted the entire folder, Re ran the launcher, letting it regenerate all the user files from scratch, Careful if you cant remember your username or password because deleting those files will force you to re enter that information when logging in, It will no longer be saved. After doing this I logged in, Set my graphics options to change ESO from windowed full screen mode to regular full screen mode, and then reset my computer. When i logged back in and played after the reboot, My game didn't crash any, I have played for several hours that night, and then the next day a few more. I still have no crashes. If this helps anyone else please let me know, and also spread the word.
  • Jerethi50ub17_ESO
    Jerethi50ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nevermind :( Crashing has returned.
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind :( Crashing has returned.
    I thought it would, I've done the same thing and it didn't work. Thanks for suggesting though :)
    PC NA - @MercerESO
  • Caza99
    Caza99
    ✭✭✭✭
    Necrelios wrote: »
    I was getting the same thing, so I turned down the draw distance and disabled in-game anti-aliasing using instead the anti-aliasing provided through my graphics card driver software. This boosted frame rates and I haven't experienced the random crash yet since doing this, but I haven't been brave enough to try Cyrodiil again which is always where the crashing was the worst.
    I've done both of those, and I'm getting the same result as you it would seem - much less crashing, if any, in PvE. However, I have been in Cyrodiil since, and I have crashed multiple times within about half an hour or so.

PC NA - @MercerESO