The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Battlemaster's Corner - The Infernal Warden"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Battlemaster's Corner - The Infernal Warden."

Read on for this Dragonknight player-build specializing in support and healing!
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And people said Dragonknights can't be healers.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    They can if the player is mindful enough. Even with healing all endgame on my DK, I still get pug groups who question if I can heal a vet pledge before inviting me which is understandable. Times are a changing though...I highly encourage anyone to try this build out as it doesnt really interfere with a DK magicka dps build meaning you can rock both.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was pre-1.6. Look at their mechanics now and you will see why they now heal like mad.
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Tamanous wrote: »

That was pre-1.6. Look at their mechanics now and you will see why they now heal like mad.

I healed all content prior to 1.6 as well. People just thought they needed templars.
    Edited by MrTtheDK on March 16, 2015 6:41PM
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrTtheDK wrote: »
    Tamanous wrote: »

I healed all content prior to 1.6 as well.

I only refer to end game min/maxers who devalue builds because they are mathematically inferior in their minds. I made zero reference to what can actually challenge content.

The quote was "And people said ..." and not can't.
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can make an Orc DK healer work in Veteran Dungeon PUG's, you are pretty darned good at TESO :)
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.. I also heal with my DK, but in Cyrodiil, not dungeons... never really went for the Martial Knowledge set, but to each thier own. Glad to hear some others also are healing.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Hmm.. I also heal with my DK, but in Cyrodiil, not dungeons... never really went for the Martial Knowledge set, but to each thier own. Glad to hear some others also are healing.

I run seducer and martial knowledge in PVP. Its a lot of fun and mainly use ele drain, crushing shock medium weave and ele ring for offence. Healing is about the same. What are you running?
    Edited by MrTtheDK on March 16, 2015 7:12PM
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    This is a very solid build that obviously supports a lot of survivability for group mates. There are many who cant see past their own noses to realize classes other than templar can heal effectively. DKs make superb "bubble" healers stacking varied damage shields in lieu of large direct heals. Sorcs also have a healing advantage with lower spell costs, higher spell power and crits, and resource exchange options. Nightblades can make extremely valuable siphon healers that actually DPS almost passively while they heal.

The short and curly of it is: Dont count any class out for any role.
    Edited by Dreddnawt on March 23, 2015 1:57PM
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • AzuraKin
    AzuraKin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wouldn't it be better to use shadow or mage stone? ritual only gives 4% more healing (for me with my spell power/max magicka with dual wield (more then staff can get) would only be 60 more damage which equates to about effect of 600 max magicka vs mage 1000 max magicka base,) and same stats with shadow gives 150 more on crits per tick (1500 crits 2250 base with shadow crits 2400, whith with ritual would crit for 2340). just a thought.
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 battlemage (sorcerer)
    v160 restoration archmage (Templar)
    v160 warrior (DragonKnight)
    v160 assassin (nightblade)
    v160 swordsman (sorcerer)
    v160 spellsword (nightblade)
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    AzuraKin wrote: »
    wouldn't it be better to use shadow or mage stone? ritual only gives 4% more healing (for me with my spell power/max magicka with dual wield (more then staff can get) would only be 60 more damage which equates to about effect of 600 max magicka vs mage 1000 max magicka base,) and same stats with shadow gives 150 more on crits per tick (1500 crits 2250 base with shadow crits 2400, whith with ritual would crit for 2340). just a thought.

Yeah I use the mage now after further research with it.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

• mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hear anyone complain when I "spam" honor the dead/combat prayer in dungeons. I don't actually spam anything if the group is pulling their weight.

If I had one gold for every time I used that spell to save some special teammate standing in the red, not blocking, not cc-breaking... my bank account would be full.

Templars have the capacity to be superior healers just like Dragon Knights can be superior tanks. That's the whole point of classes.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Cinna
    Cinna
    ✭✭✭
    dethbl00ms wrote: »
    Templars have the capacity to be superior healers just like Dragon Knights can be superior tanks. That's the whole point of classes.

I could not disagree more. The thread is getting old but your stale statement just can't be left as the final word.

DK healers have a huge edge with access to major mending (30 percent healing increase to all spells) and shields. Also magicka mnagement with battle roar is a strength.
  • Night_Child
    Night_Child
    ✭✭✭
    As of 2018, I have yet to see a DK - or any class for that matter out heal an Argonian templar and I have been playing since release. Can it be done? Depends on the player...except if I'm that Argonian templar. I do have an open mind, so reading this build was very interesting. Good job.