The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lifting the Veil Bugged

Salmonleap
Salmonleap
✭✭✭
I'll just put this here in the off chance a Dev or CSR stumbles across it.

As the title says, the old "Drink..." bug is back (or was never removed) for the "Lifting the Veil" quest. I think this particular insect dates back to, or at least mimics a bug that was in at, launch.

In a nutshell, the quest chain starts when you talk to a Royal Bodyguard in Skywatch and proceeds to the point where you're supposed to take a drink with Palomir in the Barbed Hook Tavern. At this point I get the cue/prompt "Drink..." then nothing happens. Palomir has nothing new to say and if I leave the tavern, he de-rezzes. This blocks progress for me in entire Veiled Heritance questline. I would appreciate it if a CSR or GM would be so kind as to give my quest-log a kick to the next stage, I'll just swim over to the Heritance Camp and continue from there.

Since I can see other players disappear (and presumably port to the Heritance Training Camp), it's obviously not happening to everyone. I've done all the troubleshooting steps I can think of including:

* Relogging the character
* Dropping and restarting the quest-chain
* Restarting the game client
* Restarting the computer
* Removing all plug-ins
* Removing all saved variables
* Trying to complete the quest on a different computer with a different (ie not copied from my gaming computer) installation of the game-client.
* Filing a bug and a CS request using the in-game system

Note that most of these steps are cumulative so when I removed all saved variables, one should also assume that I restarted the computer and dropped and restarted the quest-chain (because I did).

I dread the inevitable off-topic boilerplate replies I'll get from CS that will, at best ask me to repeat the steps I've already taken and at worst engage in inappropriate canned RP banter, but will endure it if that means I can continue with this quest-chain.

Pinging @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, @ZOS_KaiSchober, @ZOS_TristanK, @ZOS_MichaelServotte, and @ZOS_PaulSage in hopes someone can forward this to a GM that can help me out and/or Dev that can actually fix the bug. Can we just change this quest so that it uses an interactable whatzit to continue rather than a buggy dialogue cue?
Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ran this last night and had no issues, though a guild member did. they loged off waited 5 mins then loged back on and it worked.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    Just ran this last night and had no issues, though a guild member did. they loged off waited 5 mins then loged back on and it worked.

Yeah I see that it is not affecting everyone. However, as I noted above, I've logged-on, logged-off, repaired, rebooted, and used a completely different computer, numerous times, in differing combinations, and often with several hours to a day between attempts.
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huh that is strange, though i DID hear a couple others with this issue. no clue if they fixed it.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK, here is a video of the bugged quest:

"Lifting The Veil 'Drink...' Bug"

This was recorded on my PC yesterday (12/03/2015) in it's normal configuration. I am currently uploading another run to Youtube (same PC with all add-ons removed). Unfortunately, it will be several hours before that video is uploaded/processed due to my anemic Internet connection.

As noted above, the same bug manifests on my Mac Pro (no add-ons).

I will also attempt this quest on my MacBook Pro once it has finished patching the game client.
    Edited by Salmonleap on March 13, 2015 6:30PM
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the video and information, @Salmonleap! Passing it up the chain now.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    You are welcome @ZOS_TristanK. It looks like I don't know how to correctly embed video using BBCode, but the link below the embed works. I'll edit the embed if I ever figure out what I'm doing wrong there.
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    I assume this was fixed already? Cause I just successfully completed the quest Monday...
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
    Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
  • Supasman
    Supasman
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same problem as the OP. I just get stuck at the "Drink..." part of the quest with nowhere to go or do after. tried redoing several ties with all kinds of difference variables..
  • YourNameHere
    YourNameHere
    ✭✭✭
    Quests & Zones
    Auridon
    Lifting the Veil: The step of this quest that involves drinking Palomir’s concoction to visit the island will now more reliably work as intended.

From forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/160038/patch-notes-v2-0-2
    NA Megaserver / RPer
    Alinyssa Gaethar - AD || Raahni-do - AD || Wind-In-Tree's-Shadow - DC
  • ericthecleric
    ericthecleric
    Soul Shriven
    this quest is still bugged for me after v202. dropped quest and re-tried, still no luck. Re-logged toon, still no luck...
  • evildemoncat
    evildemoncat
    ✭✭
    This same error is happening to me too. I even DELETED AND REDID the character, SAME DAMN THING. I've already spoken to Zenimax Online, and they said they were sending it up the chain, I have yet to hear from them. This was three days ago. >.>

--EDC
    Stalks-With-Cats: Argonian crafter
    Howls-At-Moons: Argonian Templar Healer
    Mysthet Shadowdancer: Khajiit Warden DPS WIP
    Dro'jhan Zaohim: Khajiit DragonKnight Tank WIP
    Packed-With-Junk: Argonian inventory mule

Hail to the Dark Lord!
    Hail to the Void!
    Hail to the Night Mother!
    Hail to SITHIS!
  • evildemoncat
    evildemoncat
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_TristanK , this quest is bugged for me too, I've done EVERYTHING IMAGINABLE, including deleting and redoing the character. I get the "Drink..." text, but then nothing. Please help! This is on my character Howls-At-Moons. I've done it once before on Stalks-With-Cats, and it worked fine! And, yes, this is after the update.

I have abandoned and redone it so many times it isn't even funny.

--EDC

Hail to the Dark Lord!
    Hail to the Void!
    Hail to SITHIS!
  • Everdeen
    Everdeen
    Soul Shriven
    And one more here is having the exact same problems. Tried abandoning it, retake it, logged off and back on, restarted client and so on. Doesn't help :/
  • evildemoncat
    evildemoncat
    ✭✭
    OKAY TO ALL WHO HAVE ISSUES WITH THIS! Do not abandon, I just got the glitch, again, and went away to do other things, it eventually transported me to the island and continued with the quest! I did appear without the costume, but just went back to Skywatch and got the disguise back on. :smiley: I'm able to continue!

@Supasman @Everdeen @Salmonleap and anyone else.

--EDC

Hail to the Dark Lord!
    Hail to the Void!
    Hail to SITHIS!
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its weird about the "drink" part not working...I went to go help a guildy in Shornhelm (battle the nords outside the city by getting drunk on Meade) yesterday..it bugged at the drink part too...I was able to get the correct animations and complete but the quest bugged for them. Wonder if its the code for: drink- then- this happens.

Edited by SLy_Kyti on March 26, 2015 11:38PM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Quests & Zones
    Auridon

Lifting the Veil: The step of this quest that involves drinking Palomir’s concoction to visit the island will now more reliably work as intended.
    The Veil Falls: Fixed an issue where Heritance Cutthroat would occasionally flip into walls or other fixtures and get stuck, blocking your progress.

Note that they say, "Will now MORE reliably work as intended". So not allways as intented.

Anyway, yes I am stuck on the same bit. Tried all above things and nothing helps. Very annoyed by this.
    To quote the original Thief game: Join us, join us, join us now!
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    OKAY TO ALL WHO HAVE ISSUES WITH THIS! Do not abandon, I just got the glitch, again, and went away to do other things, it eventually transported me to the island and continued with the quest! I did appear without the costume, but just went back to Skywatch and got the disguise back on. :smiley: I'm able to continue!

--EDC

I went away, come back nothing. Still waiting... nothing. Waiting over half an hour now.

Also this is day 2 that I can't continue this quest. Made a ticket yesterday, no reply so far.
  • Everdeen
    Everdeen
    Soul Shriven

--EDC

It transported me like 3-4 days after I got the quest :P But it worked. I did however get out of it right away, since I was in an event in Cyrodiil, but when I got back I just hopped on a boat and it took me to the right place. :)
  • QuadroTony
    QuadroTony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still bugged
  • Puupi
    Puupi
    ✭✭
    stuck on this quest....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @QuadroTony, @arttuvheikkilaeb17_ESO are you having the same "drink" bug, or something else?

@ZOS_TristanK seems "more reliability" from 2.0.2 still isn't reliable enough...
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • NotComingBack
    NotComingBack
    Soul Shriven
    I'm experiencing the same problem, i tried everything: restart the quest, try the fighter guild skill, login/logout, reloadui, wait a few minutes, level up, repair the client.

Nothing worked so far and i'm still stuck at this quest. Given the fact it's a faction main quest it's pretty annoying.
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your continued reports, all. Are you stuck on the same "drink" step that was giving players issues before or on another step of the quest?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Puupi
    Puupi
    ✭✭
    The "Drink..." is where I am stuck. Made a new character and the quest worked on it, but still bugged on the character I was originally playing with.
    Edited by Puupi on April 9, 2015 6:53AM
  • nemo284b16_ESO
    nemo284b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Is it simply not possible for the GM's or devs or whoever is behind that steering wheel to flag everyone who has submitted a ticked to the next part of that quest? I know in swtor there was something similar that people got stuck on, and they could simply give that player the next status quest so the player could continue on with that quest. But here you just get a email response that you have to wait for a future patch... when is unknown.
  • pmcclai_ESO
    I am also stuck on the drink step.

I deliver the sword, he says drink, then nothing. Tried all the suggested steps in this thread, still stuck.
  • Hlaadriel
    Hlaadriel
    ✭✭✭
    You can always drop the quest and restart it... it often solves those random issues
  • Azlynn
    Azlynn
    Soul Shriven
    I just got this bug for the first time yesterday. I've done this quest at least four times on other characters and never had any issues. Now I'm stuck at the "drink.." phase and it won't teleport me. I tried swimming to the island but I couldn't talk to the npc because it still wanted me to drink. I also abandoned and re-did the quest up to that point 3 times with no luck over the course of 2 days. Please fix it soon..
    Edited by Azlynn on April 17, 2015 5:46PM
  • watcherseyeb14_ESO
    My gf and I were on the same quest in a group, her's went through without issue, mine is bugged at "Drink..."

I've done the usual, abandon, relog, etc. Submitted a ticket.
  • watcherseyeb14_ESO
    And still bugged after the patch (I'm aware it wasn't mentioned as being fixed, but work was done on this quest).