The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Unable to communicate with other players in-game

Soarin'
Soarin'
✭✭
Hi,

I have been unable to communicate with other players in game since re-subscribing. I have gone through the standard process of submitting a support ticket but have not had any feedback. If you can imagine how unplayable the game is being unable to trade, join groups or chat without use of PM's you can understand my frustration and hence why I have posted this here.

Other players are getting a system notification that I do not exist when trying to return messages.

Please fix.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you've checked the settings on your chat window to make sure that they are all enabled?
  • Glierhuin
    Glierhuin
    ✭✭✭
    It's because your character name or user ID has a special character. Support will help you resolve that, but will most likely take some time to respond.

Thousands of players submitting their update 6 issues right now
    I have approximate knowledge of many things.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello all,

As @Glierhuin said, this problem is due to special characters in names. if you are having issues with other players being able to send messages, in-game mail, or group invites to your character, we encourage you to reach out to our Support Team, who can manually fix the issue for the characters affected while ensuring you retain the special characters in your name.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Soarin'
    Soarin'
    ✭✭
    Thanks to all who have stepped in to assist, I have now submitted a support ticket (150308-000600).
  • Shoegarshack
    Shoegarshack
    ✭✭
    I am having the exact same issue! I am on XB1 and this happened as soon as the new DLC was launched 3 days ago. I never had any issues prior.

I DO NOT have any off or special characters in my name and I am having the same issues. Nobody can add to group or to trade. For 3 days now.... game is totally unplayable.

Does anyone have any resolution?

Thank you.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For anyone finding this years later. My BF had this problem. He had to change his Xbox live privacy settings from "custom" to "adult" and the problem was resolved. Hope this also works for you.
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    On xbox it can be caused by a comms ban if nothing else seems to help it.