The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Loremaster's Archive: A Loathsome Civilization"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, "Loremaster's Archive: A Loathsome Civilization."

Read our latest addition to the Archive from the esteemed patron Telenger the Artificer!
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on March 6, 2015 9:44PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    This one was especially wonderful.
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Those larvae that prove too slow to avoid their parents' pseudopods are caught and harvested, culling out the weak and providing the raw material for Sload Soap.
    :|
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    They may have spent years grooming individuals to participate in re-enactments of the deeds of Sload mythological heroes and villains, with the eventual performance (which may have lasted weeks) culminating in the deaths of every actor by the application of “desiccation crystals" to the body. Ancestor worship? Unnamed deities? Preservation of ancient magics? It is impossible to tell.

Sload theater is hardcore. The longest play I've ever been to ran a little over four hours and I don't think anyone died.

This entry was so gross. I felt physically ill while reading it. Kept thinking it couldn't get any worse and then it did.
    Like this?
    ...there are mentions of an “impressively corpulent body and strangely pulsating head," and three eyes that emerged upon its belly that each “opened again as a toothless mouth, disgorging [unreadable] that the attendants eagerly consumed.

This is the strangest mental image I never wanted in my head. The level of detail in this entry is seriously impressive though, especially for a race that is rather obscure. I love it! :p
  • Thuring
    Thuring
    ✭✭
    As interesting as this reading was, I always have that feeling of void when it comes to Sload, because as stereotypical as they might be about not going into adventures, there should always be one or two ambitious or stupid specimens that leave the other in search of a sort of adventure.
    So far we´ve only seen one of them, and he was ambitious, great, but to a race as vile and depraved (and boring, one could say), some evil *** must´ve left for good, and tried to steal/capture some Tamrielic source of power such as the Eye of Magnus, Mortum Vivicus, a member of the Tribunal, for no-god intentions.
    Also I´d like to stand in front of them and cut them with my sword, just to see if my Blessed enchantment does anything to their foul flesh.
    Oh, also I have this great doubt about how Elhnofey turned to this... things, or if they have more of a Daedric origin.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't get to the article. The link (both from here and from the login screen to ESO) jumps me to 'enter birthdate', when I do, it just reloads the 'enter birthdate' page.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Flowergnome
    Flowergnome
    Soul Shriven
    The image caption and the teaser in the launcher both say Telegner instead of Telenger.
  • Feynn
    Feynn
    ✭✭✭
    Telenger confirms himself once again as a great hypocrite when it comes to necromancy.

In the latest Loremaster's Archive he says "I'm no expert on necromancy" and in a previous one he said "Though there is currently a great deal of investigation into soul-trapping and soul-manipulation occurring on continental Tamriel, as an Altmer I cannot in good conscience condone such experiments, which in the Summerset Isles would be rightfully banned as darkest necromancy."

And yet he holds a bound ghost to act as a merchant in his Emporium (how is that even legal?)and he was reported summoning a flesh atronach on a ship.
    Join us on Stormhaven RP! The largest TESO roleplay community of the Daggerfall Covenant, EU Megaserver.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I finally read it and frankly these altmer have nothing good to say about any other race. Hardly adequete research if you don't at least speak to multiple representatives of the culture.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't pop into these threads often enough to say thanks... but the Loremaster's Archive articles are definitely one of the highlights of my ESO experience. Please keep them coming!

...maybe there could be lectures organised, in-game, for the authors of these works (or even a digitised version of Loremaster Schick) to relate their wisdom and learning?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They may have spent years grooming individuals to participate in re-enactments of the deeds of Sload mythological heroes and villains, with the eventual performance (which may have lasted weeks) culminating in the deaths of every actor by the application of “desiccation crystals" to the body. Ancestor worship? Unnamed deities? Preservation of ancient magics? It is impossible to tell.

Odd that this shows up in the Thirty-Six Lessons of Vivec. From Sermon 32:
    'A proper comprehension of the virtues: stage-managed and to be murdered.'

Maybe the Sload got a copy and took it literally?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.