The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Don't worry dark flare spammers....

Huntler
Huntler
✭✭✭✭✭
It still stacks :|
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lArFEGg.gif
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a debugg and by virtue of the buff/debuff system could no longer stack?
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I thought it was a debugg and by virtue of the buff/debuff system could no longer stack?

If that was the case, the way they have it worded in the patch notes makes no sense. They first said they made heal debuffs multiplicative so that you could no longer be 100% heal debuffed, but if the new buff/debuff system applied to heal debuffs that would NEVER be possible. Second, if the buff/debuff system was in place, why call out specifically that you made it so meatbag cat's don't stack with other heal debuffs?

Given their careful wording.... it seems pretty obvious. Unless a ZOS employee would like to clarify : @ZOS_BrianWheeler
    Edited by Huntler on March 3, 2015 7:42PM
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that the spell templars keep throwing at my balls?
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Is that the spell templars keep throwing at my balls?

The title is mostly a joke because certain players are famous for abusing heal debuff stacking and they are all templars, but my point is across the board for all heal debuffs.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

If that was the case, the way they have it worded in the patch notes makes no sense. They first said they made heal debuffs multiplicative so that you could no longer be 100% heal debuffed, but if the new buff/debuff system applied to heal debuffs that would NEVER be possible. Second, if the buff/debuff system was in place, why call out specifically that you made it so meatbag cat's don't stack with other heal debuffs?

Given their careful wording.... it seems pretty obvious. Unless a ZOS employee would like to clarify : @ZOS_BrianWheeler

I would ask @ZOS_GinaBruno for clarification as I see her poking around more.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

I would ask @ZOS_GinaBruno for clarification as I see her poking around more.

Thanks :) hopefully we get an answer, been pushing this since one of their beta notes made me worried by using the same kind of language while I wasn't able to test if it was actually stacking. If you take it at the wording.... I am worried
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We just tested this and it doesn't appear as though Dark Flare is stacking. When you repeatedly cast it on an enemy, it will just refresh each time.

Is there something else we should be looking at?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just tested this and it doesn't appear as though Dark Flare is stacking. When you repeatedly cast it on an enemy, it will just refresh each time.

No thats alright, thank you for the quick response :). Clearly just a misunderstanding on the wording then.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say again; I am very satisfied with the communication the dev team does here. Seen people knock it, but compared to the MMOs I have played, I would say you guys actually might be the first where communication will be a positive mark toward continued support where others it has been enough reason alone to leave.

Thanks for the quick clarification Gina.
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you in advance again and appreciate the quick feedback :)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I blame Columba