The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Why fight for the Covenant?

• tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ticare wrote: »
    Honestly at the end of the day it doesn't come down to story or lore or anything like that, it all comes down to races. When people create a character there's 2 main things they look at first, the class and the race. And if we had the 3 least popular races in the game, DC would have 2 of those (redguard and orc). That's the reason why unfortunately they will always be the least popular faciton

It depends on the player. I mentioned a number of factors discussed by others, but added a new one. Not everyone chooses based primarily on racial bonuses, even if many do.
    Edited by tinythinker on February 25, 2015 12:14AM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Ticare
    Ticare
    ✭✭
    Honestly at the end of the day it doesn't come down to story or lore or anything like that, it all comes down to races. When people create a character there's 2 main things they look at first, the class and the race. And if we had the 3 least popular races in the game, DC would have 2 of those (redguard and orc). That's the reason why unfortunately they will always be the least popular faciton

It depends on the player. I mentioned a number of factors discussed by others, but added a new one. Not everyone chooses based primarily on racial bonuses, even if many do.

I didn't mean racial bonuses though, i meant the races in general. I've been playing elder scrolls games for almost a decade and followed all kinds of discussions about the games. When people talk about races that they like, i can't EVER remember someone mentioning orcs or redguards during all this time. There's just nothing appealing about those races compared to other races in the game.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't mean racial bonuses though, i meant the races in general. I've been playing elder scrolls games for almost a decade and followed all kinds of discussions about the games. When people talk about races that they like, i can't EVER remember someone mentioning orcs or redguards during all this time. There's just nothing appealing about those races compared to other races in the game.

Which is why they need to develop them more (such as fleshing out Orcs with the release of Orsinium) and also try to tie Covenant races into the Alliance War in a more interesting way. It just seems uninspired at the moment. They have a lot to work with, and I'm sure they keep an eye on the numbers of characters created in each race. Apparently they have considered adding an active ability unique to each race in the game, but they haven't seriously pursued it.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do need to do something to encourage more people to play orcs and redguard even in other alliances, lacking the slayer achievement for them and the lizard people.

But its more DC is just your normal people trying to do the right thing and bring back the second empire, so yeah lacks the involved magic things of the other two alliances.
  • Mordack
    Mordack
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing a review of ESO where the reviewer called the DC areas boring, which is why he believed there haven't been any games set in those areas. Luckily commenters did bring up the fact that Bethesda has made more than one game set in this region but it really shows how little people know or care about any of the ES games made before Morrowind.

I don't understand the whole "DC is boring" thing though. I know that European-inspired areas aren't exactly ground-breaking, but what about the Middle Eastern inspired Hammerfell? How many games have areas based on that region...that aren't "War on Terror FPS" games? The biggest problem with DC is there's not much going on with the Orcs. They get one island and that's it. Hopefully Wrothgar will give people a reason to like Tamriel's badass underdogs.

I will add that DC has the greatest possibility of working. And by that I mean there's a 10% chance they'll actually continue working together for a few years. The problem with the factions is that everyone hates each other, but at least Bretons and Redguard occasionally get along.
    technohic wrote: »
    roechacca wrote: »
    Not just competing for cool scenery , EP zones also have a luxury of wayshrines every where . I was doing Cadwells Gold an just going , why the hell does EP get so many easy to travel spots ? You better learn to walk if you're DC ! We ain't gots no wayshrines like those upscale folk ...

Yeah; and when we do have wayshrines, they are as inconvenient as possible. Just look at Daggerfall City.

EDIT: The bank and most of the crafting stations are on the exact opposite side of town and the streets were drawn up by a child with a crayon just randomly scribbling.

Shornhelm is a good place for crafting though.
    What do you call a Wood Elf who doesn't lie or cheat or steal?
    A dead Wood Elf.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC doesn't have a buff camp though.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because we doesnt afraid of anything, and being the underdog is 10X more rewarding than zerg surfing your way to victory.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subtomik wrote: »
    Because we doesnt afraid of anything, and being the underdog is 10X more rewarding than zerg surfing your way to victory.

@Subtomik We Doesn't afraid of anything?

Are you positive me dropping oil on you that one day at Glademist didn't leave behind any lingering effects? :worried:
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Subtomik
    Subtomik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

Are you positive me dropping oil on you that one day at Glademist didn't leave behind any lingering effects? :worried:

I will honestly bathe in oil until the cows come home. Show me a group that makes me back up and panic when I see then we will talk.

I'm here to rek face an steal your wimmenz

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Inappropriate Content and Language]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 25, 2015 1:58PM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is important to point out that DC is strong on the EU megaserver. If one check the ESO stats webpage it shows that DC may even be the strongest faction on the EU megaserver.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

I will honestly bathe in oil until the cows come home. Show me a group that makes me back up and panic when I see then we will talk.

I'm here to rek face an steal your wimmenz
    I should make you back up and panic. Here's why. @Subtomik :heart: I'm not your average AD...
    2b37b685e3fba156adcd72b9bc17842c.jpg

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version][/b
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on February 25, 2015 1:59PM
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DC dive head first into a sea of red every night thinking death is inevitable only to say how the hell did we kill all them after . Thornblade NA DC are the toughest wills to break .
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC dive head first into a sea of red every night thinking death is inevitable only to say how the hell did we kill all them after . Thornblade NA DC are the toughest wills to break .

But... But... Shouldn't you be red then? :confused:
    Edited by Panda244 on February 25, 2015 7:40AM

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Juraigr
    Juraigr
    ✭✭✭✭
    LarsS wrote: »
    I think it is important to point out that DC is strong on the EU megaserver. If one check the ESO stats webpage it shows that DC may even be the strongest faction on the EU megaserver.

Tru dat dc by far have the best players solo we ain't got zergs tho.....can't win a campaign without some, I'm looking at you SWAT/Wabba
    EU Worst DK , Best DK Singapore and NA also known as 'Special Snowflake'

Jurra - V14 Dragonknight Rank 38 August Palatine
    Jurra Hex - V14 Sorcerer Rank 25 Colonel [SEMI-RETIRED until Zos fix this BS sorc nonsense]

LA DK Still OP :P

One of the Three Light Armor DK's

#200StandardOfMightFFS
    #RevertAshCloud
    #RevertNewAnimations
    #RevertUltiGain

#FixMoltenWhip

Grinding my way to August Palatine finally made it, still holding a torch for eso so now imma filthy casual
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People go to EP because omg Skyrim Nords are badass fus roh dah i want a horned helmet.
    People go to AD because Elf lovers Legolas pew pew and i can be a ninja stealthy dark assassin cat
    People roll DC because it's not as lame as the two others. Plus they don't want to play alongside scale-backs or alley cats
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Detroit Lions fans may be partial to DC...you never know...
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU DC do have good players, but my point is that DC have as many players as the other factions on the EU megaserver. That is at least true on EU Chillrend and EU Thornblade where I play.
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the positive virtues espoused by DC are reflected in the behavior of that faction's players. The Covenant is dedicated to the restoration of stability and balance, under a legitimate alliance of distinct races.

It's been my experience that DC is much more well-behaved in terms of their behavior in the field. It's the faction that has the most mature players, and people that most likely are well-adjusted in real life.

Most DC Guilds refrained from the impulse-bats meta which ruled the early stages of AvA, for example. The integrity and ensured longevity of the experience was more important to them than winning. (Imagine that, I know)

Of course there were exceptions to this(most notably a particular individual from South Georgia)

But on the whole I am proud to fight for DC because in the end it's the quality, not the quantity of players that is important.
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey come on now im a breton fighting for the AD.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/faceairplane

Does that make Redskins fans partial to EP? :tongue:

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Sphinx2318
    Sphinx2318
    ✭✭✭✭

DAMNIT BRIAN!!!!!! We made the playoffs and were screwed by a poor call ok!?!? How dare you rip open that wound again???

sigh.....and I realized during the Super Bowl halftime show that Katie Perry was riding the only Lion I will ever see in the Super Bowl. :'(

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mordack wrote: »
    I remember seeing a review of ESO where the reviewer called the DC areas boring, which is why he believed there haven't been any games set in those areas. Luckily commenters did bring up the fact that Bethesda has made more than one game set in this region but it really shows how little people know or care about any of the ES games made before Morrowind.

I don't understand the whole "DC is boring" thing though. I know that European-inspired areas aren't exactly ground-breaking, but what about the Middle Eastern inspired Hammerfell? How many games have areas based on that region...that aren't "War on Terror FPS" games? The biggest problem with DC is there's not much going on with the Orcs. They get one island and that's it. Hopefully Wrothgar will give people a reason to like Tamriel's badass underdogs.

I will add that DC has the greatest possibility of working. And by that I mean there's a 10% chance they'll actually continue working together for a few years. The problem with the factions is that everyone hates each other, but at least Bretons and Redguard occasionally get along.
    Not just competing for cool scenery , EP zones also have a luxury of wayshrines every where . I was doing Cadwells Gold an just going , why the hell does EP get so many easy to travel spots ? You better learn to walk if you're DC ! We ain't gots no wayshrines like those upscale folk ...

Yeah; and when we do have wayshrines, they are as inconvenient as possible. Just look at Daggerfall City.

EDIT: The bank and most of the crafting stations are on the exact opposite side of town and the streets were drawn up by a child with a crayon just randomly scribbling.

I personally think that DC areas are the most beautiful in the game. and several guildies share the same opinion. Just the story being DC could be worked on to encourage people to roll for that faction instead of the others.

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »
    sigh.....and I realized during the Super Bowl halftime show that Katie Perry was riding the only Lion I will ever see in the Super Bowl. :'(

Heh.

• ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    "The more you know"
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Mordack wrote: »

I personally think that DC areas are the most beautiful in the game. and several guildies share the same opinion. Just the story being DC could be worked on to encourage people to roll for that faction instead of the others.

I also like the DC Alliance zones. That aspect is very subjective.

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    People go to EP because omg Skyrim Nords are badass fus roh dah i want a horned helmet.
    People go to AD because Elf lovers Legolas pew pew and i can be a ninja stealthy dark assassin cat
    People roll DC because it's not as lame as the two others. Plus they don't want to play alongside scale-backs or alley cats

Was going to type more or less the same response haha. <3 DC
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally my favorite zones in game are the North-East corner of Cyrodiil, basically Arrius, Kingscrest, Farragut, @Armitas or @vortexman11 or @Psilent can explain why. The other zones that are the most beautiful in my opinion are Rivenspire, Eastmarch, Glenumbra, Alik'r Desert, and the Craglorn Public Dungeons.

Best alliance in game, Aldmeri Dominion, cause... Pointy ear, golden girl, fetish.

BUT! @ZOS_BrianWheeler Implement an Imperial faction for us loyalists.
    imperial_legion_legate_by_lordhayabusa357-d78fgie.png

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Sphinx2318 wrote: »

DAMNIT BRIAN!!!!!! We made the playoffs and were screwed by a poor call ok!?!? How dare you rip open that wound again???

I had a burst of emotion, but I seem to be lacking the proper button to convey what I'm feeling.

Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭

The lions blow, go pack go
  • pullbcarepull
    pullbcarepull
    Soul Shriven
    I originally rolled DC because that was the faction my friends chose when the game started last year. I have a v7 AD alt that I play but I will only PvP on my DC characters as I would feel like a traitor if I played on another alliance.
    I'm just a PvE'er in a PvP world...