The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to install

Deocalys
Deocalys
I am trying to install ESO on my laptop, but I keep getting the following message:

"Maintenance"
"Our servers are currently down. During this time you may still be able to launch the game, but will probably not be able to login. Please wait while we perform the maintenance. If you are receiving this message for more than an hour, please contact customer support."

I had the same problem with my desktop about a month ago, but I fixed it by completely reinstalling everything (windows and the launcher). I tried more than 10 times to reinstall the launcher on my laptop, but it is simply not an option to completely reinstall windows.

The launcher installs fine, and I can click on install to download en install the game, but when I want to play it gives me this error. When I close and reopen the launcher before installing the game it gives me the error as well. Basically when I close the launcher after the install I am not able to install or play the game any more.

As I've said I've tried reinstalling the launcher lots of times, I've tried rebooting at different points in the installation process and have also tried removing any lingering folders of a previous installation, but nothing works. Please help?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @matthijszwaanb16_ESO,

To fix this issue, we recommend trying to run the launcher as an administrator (Head to the installation folder at C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher, right click the Bethesda.net launcher, then select Run as administrator).

If that doesn't fix the problem, you will have to delete the launcher folder (default path C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher), and then download the launcher from the account management page https://account.elderscrollsonline.com to reinstall the launcher.

If that doesn't help, let us know!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Deocalys
    Deocalys
    Thanks @ZOS_GaryA! That did the trick! I was able to install the game and hit the play button, but unfortunately it crashes immediately...

====================================================================
    eso has stopped working.
    ====================================================================

[reporter]
    version = 0.01

[extra]
    ProductName = eso
    Version = eso.live.1.5.7.1103452
    branch = live
    client.executablebits = 32
    client.mode = startup
    client.session_start_timestamp = 2015-02-24T20:45:22.970Z
    client.timestamp = 2015-02-24T20:45:24.240Z -frme 0-
    cpu.arch = 0
    cpu.count = 2
    cpu.level = 6
    cpu.type = 586
    exe.buildnum = 1103452
    exe.opt = release
    exe.reltype = public
    exe.type = client
    mem.physical = 4060
    os.osbits = 64
    os.platform = windows
    os.version = 6.1.7601.Service Pack 1
    ptime = 0
    reportfield.ver = 3
    version.major = 1
    version.patch = 5
    version.subpatch = 7
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Deocalys,

Well, that's good news and bad news! We're glad to hear that the first issue is resolved, and we hope to be able to help with the second!

Immediate crashing can happen for a large variety of reasons. In this case, submitting a game consultant to our customer support team is the best course of action, as it contains a large amount of information that is helpful to diagnosing and resolving this issue. Once you've submitted your ticket, please feel free to post the ticket number and we'll be happy to follow up with you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post