The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Not Responding after I hit play, but that's not all...

abazingas
abazingas
My issue: When I open the ESO Launcher and click 'Play' I get a black screen with a loading symbol. It stays like that forever, until I get an 'ESO Not Responding' message. Happens every time.

What I've Tried: This happened yesterday, when I read into some of @PVT_Parts posts. I entered the two following lines into the UserSetting.txt since they weren't there: SET RequestedNumJobThreads "0" and SET RequestedNumWorkerThreads "0" This worked yesterday. I played the game, all was good. Shut my computer down to do other things, turned it back on, still works. Now this morning when I turn my PC on I'm having the same issue. The two lines are there in UserSettings, and just to be sure I deleted my UserSettings.txt and replaced it with @PVT_Parts UserSettings.txt file, but to no avail. And yes, I've tried all the no-brainer solutions like doing a full Shutdown of my PC, letting ESO through Firewall, running ESO as Admin, etc. I tried deleting the ESO Launcher and redownloading it but that didn't help.

Question: Anybody have a fix besides redownloading the whole game? And will deleting my UserSettings file and running the game work?

Notes: I'm probably going to wait until March 17 when the huge update comes out (ESO: Tamriel Unlimited) but if anyone has any suggestions, please comment!
Edited by abazingas on February 22, 2015 5:18PM
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @abazingas ,

If all of those solutions do not resolve your issue, you should contact our Customer Support Team and include a Game Consultant report in your e-mail for further troubleshooting.

Thank you.
    Edited by ZOS_PierreL on February 22, 2015 5:38PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • abazingas
    abazingas
    So it seems to be that another computer restart did the trick.

When I went onto Youtube to find that Adobe Flash Plugin was crashing, I knew that restarting my computer would make it work again. After about an hour or so of watching videos, I decided to try to launch ESO one more time, and it worked!

One question though- Is ESO at all linked to Adobe? I wouldn't think so, but the things I don't know...