The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DirectX 11 Issue

Silus
Silus
Soul Shriven
Hello, my computer shutdowns completely at character loading screen on D3D11 mode, but when I change it to D3D9 from ini, I can play the game. Any ideas? By the way, my GPU is AMD Radeon HD 6670 DX11 2GB.
Edited by Silus on February 21, 2015 12:38PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you using the latest graphic card drivers? Did you ensure your graphics card is connected properly (e.g. all additional PCIe power connectors plugged in)?

If you're talking about "shutdowns completely" is it like pulling the plug or pushing the power button? Did you verify your graphics card (and/or CPU) aren't overheating?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Silus,

Pretty much all of the questions @Smaxx asked, with the addition of which version of Windows are you running?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Silus
    Silus
    Soul Shriven
    I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, graphics card drivers are updated, I'm sure my graphics card connected properly. By the way, PC shutdowns like pulling the plug.
    Edited by Silus on February 24, 2015 10:47PM
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then you definitely should try monitoring temperatures of your CPU and GPU. Shutting down is usually a clear sign of some security mechanism kicking in to prevent actual hardware damage. If those are all fine, this might be a misconfiguration in your BIOS (temperature limit too low) or the power supply failing for whatever reason.

If you know someone being computer savvy, get them to help you with this, as the problem might be hard to diagnose online.
  • Sinpox
    Sinpox
    Soul Shriven
    Silus wrote: »
    I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit, graphics card drivers are updated, I'm sure my graphics card connected properly. By the way, PC shutdowns like pulling the plug.

seems like overheat (amd systems are overheating fast with a cheap tower) or your power supply ist too low.

if your GPU and CPU from amd it should be about 380watt minimum.

try at first , to open your tower and play...

with my old tower i had the same problem (but no shutdown only FPS drops because GPU was overheating...tower was to small and the airflow was non existence) :X