The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Solved) "Error 2392 - OSError_Unknown" after updating the PTS client to 1.6.3

Isbilen
Isbilen
✭✭✭✭✭
Ie5bYzp.png

I have tried repairing the client, that doesn't work and just made me download the entire game one more time. The PTS client folder is now 73,5GB.
Edited by Isbilen on April 23, 2015 9:19PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Isbilen,

When does this error pop up for you (on launching the client/pressing play/selecting PTS from the list)?

Also, with PTS selected, what does the Play button say (Play/Install/Pause)?

Thanks for the report!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The error showed up when the update was complete, after the 'Applying patch' step, and the button said 'Repair'. When I did repair it, it just downloaded the entire game all over again and came up with the exact same error, with the Play-button still saying 'Repair'.

I managed to fix it though, by renaming the PTS folder to something gibberish and installing it fresh. Now however I am stuck with almost 80GB of undeletable data (I can't delete the files, but I could rename the folder).

GwNnmcJ.png
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should verify your hard drive's integrity. There might be some problem with the actual disk. Makre sure to backup any important data as soon impossible, then try to pin down the actual issue. This might be just some minor problem with a tiny area on your hard disk, but it might as well be short before failing completely.
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since it's always annoying to search around for solutions to various errors (not just ESO, but in general) only to find threads where the OP never updated people on whether or not he found a solution and if he did, what solved it, I figured I'd post an update. I don't know what this error means, and it may not solve it for you, but...

I managed to fix it and remove the 73+GB of unusable data from my computer by:
    Go to 'This PC' → Right click on 'C:\' → 'Properties' → 'Tools' → 'Check' → 'Scan drive'

Windows came up with 26 errors, and after I repaired them the issue was resolved.

Also, if anyone is getting Fatal Error 6 when they click Play in the launcher or start eso.exe:
    I was getting that same error after my game crashed earlier today, and that is how I found the fix to this error too. After Windows repaired the hard drive errors I just ran a game repair (tried repairing 3 times prior to repairing with Windows and it didn't work) and it's working fine again!
    Edited by Isbilen on April 23, 2015 9:26PM