The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO total patch size (feb6 2015)

arcvas
arcvas
Soul Shriven
I got ESO as a present and was starting to download the patches. it started at 12.5 GB and is now about 9.4GB with only 1% total progress. What is the total size of all the patches cumulativly up to this point? I'm not sure I'll be able to play it any time soon despite my desire
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @arcvas!

The progress bar at the bottom indicates the overall progress of the installation of the game. This includes downloading the patches, applying them, and verifying them.

Overall, the game files are currently ~50GB during installation, which will compress into ~37GB once the installation has completed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • arcvas
    arcvas
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, my inital calculation was over 200 which seemed off, good to know how much data I need to use ahead of time. I have installed the disks so I hope the patch update will be less than that
    Options
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, the game files are currently ~50GB during installation, which will compress into ~37GB once the installation has completed.

Seriously? Other software installation packages are, you know, compressed when you download them and expand when you install them, but ESO requires users to download 13GB more data than what is saved to disk. That is completely backwards.
    Options
  • arcvas
    arcvas
    Soul Shriven
    I am going to be a bit more clear now. I have the disc version and installed that. After getting the launcher up I had about 12.5 gigs to download, which got me about 4% up to date. Then I have had additionaly patches, all of which I am downloading at my college because it would probably take most of my home internet to get it all.

My Question is how much is the total PATCHES that have to be downloaded for final install after the disc in GB?
    Options
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously? Other software installation packages are, you know, compressed when you download them and expand when you install them, but ESO requires users to download 13GB more data than what is saved to disk. That is completely backwards.
    I have to say I seriously hope @ZOS_GaryA got that ass-backwards because that's just insane as he stated it.
    Edited by Kragorn on February 9, 2015 3:23PM
    Options