Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Detection radius 1.6.1

Kuro1n
Kuro1n
✭✭✭
So I am fairly new to the game so this might be how it works normally but I went onto the PTS and tried sneaking close to some castle and was detected essentially a few hundred meters out... is that normal? What is the point of sneaking then really?

Image to show what I mean:
MKGq8cE.jpg
  • CrazedDark
    CrazedDark
    ✭✭
    NPCs or close enough to the resource?
    VR 14 Nord Templar Nils of the Gylander
    VR 1 Dark Elf Sorc Lazarus of the Fallen
    VR 7 Dark Elf DK Crazed of the Dark

Phoenix Rising

"For the Pact."
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    NPCs are just walking around the castle in front, no other NPCs close by. About the resources, do they make you visible if you are close or what? I am not sure what you mean by that...
    Edited by Kuro1n on February 5, 2015 1:10PM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NPCs will always see you whether you sneak or not... :)
    Edited by Nermy on February 5, 2015 1:24PM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    That's rather annoying, but what I meant was that the radius is insane, I mean this really means no sneaking anywhere close unless I misunderstood something.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's busted . LOS is busted on PTS too .
  • rendolpheb16_ESO
    rendolpheb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS definitely screwed the stealth mechanic in 1.6 PTS. I remember getting detected around castle for no reason while in live server 1.5.X I have no issue at all about sneaking around a Castle.

Sometimes, when you get aggro from guard you have a certain time to get stealth again, but 1.6 is just like a plain radius around the keep. I hope they will fix this, because the amount of QQ on forum and chat ingame will be huge if it go live like this
    For Templar PvP video check my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/RendolpheGamer
  • Morvul
    Morvul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP-NPCs on live have pretty great stealth detection.

On PTS though, you plain and simply can not stealth if you are even remotely in the vincinity of a keep/resource
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I compared to Live, the radius is like 5x or 6x bigger on PTS. Need some devs to take a look at this...

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ @ZOS_BrianWheeler‌

BATPHONE! BUG ALERT!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    There is currently an issue where guards at keeps are detecting you much further out than they should be, and this will be fixed in patch 1.6.2!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kuro1n
    Kuro1n
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the quick response! :)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is currently an issue where guards at keeps are detecting you much further out than they should be, and this will be fixed in patch 1.6.2!

I was wondering.. I had aggro before I even hit the "E" for Fill out the Scout report.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank god this was unintentional and that it will be getting fixed.

Thanks for the response.