The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Major 1.6 concerns

TB1234
TB1234
✭✭
Major 1.6 concerns after playing for the past 2 days:

Exp:
Grind mobs have had their exp reduced by 65% on PTS. Mobs in craglorn that gave 650exp are now giving 230exp. Couple this with the increase of exp needed for CP increased to 400k and we see why its taking around 6-8hrs of grinding to get 1 cp.

Stat Regen

Regens have been gutted from armor passives and skills and placed into the CP system. This leaves us with sig downtime in btw fights now unless you are using stat cost reduction jewelery

HP
Almost everything got 10x in mob stats. Our hps have only got around 5-6x increase. This is leading to being one shotted by mobs unless you place a lot of stats into hp now

Mob difficulty
Mobs are very difficult now unless you are playing as a Templar it seems. This is directly related to mobs getting x10 everything but our characters not. This feels like the old very hard VR content in which we just got away from. Solo exping will be much harder in craglorn (not impossible)

PVP hierarchy
It seems pvp hierarchy has been turned on its head overnight. Templar > Sorc > DK = NB. For good or bad it’s a major change.

PVE Dungeons
Trash mobs >>>>>> Bosses. No explanation needed.

Item decay
It seems like item decay has been increased. Probably to increase sales of item repair kits. More testing is needed in this area though.

Items
All item sets with crit have been nerfed. No improvement to 9 trait twice born set(still very lackluster).

Alchem
Essentially useless now with the exception of tri pots as pot buffs do not stack with skill buffs.

Provisioning
Food >>>>>> Drink. Give me a reason to use drink please. Also I thought we were going to be able to use both food and drink in 1.6. This is not the case

• Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that this discussion should go in the PTS forum where feedback is gathered, not the General Discussion forum that should be kept for ...well not specific feedback. :)
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there! Thank you for the detailed feedback on your experiences on PTS thus far. Since this is PTS-specific feedback, we have moved it to the PTS forum. Thanks again!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the changes so far. Feels like a much better balanced, brand new game. Lots of the things you mentioned are true, and are changes which contribute to the improvement of the game.

As players, we need to be able to adapt to the new game, not complain that its different. Good writeup on the observations.
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of introducing a champion system they robbed all of our power and hid it behind an xp wall. Remember all that regen and cost reduction you had? We took it and now you have to grind to get it back. That is how the champion system feels right now.
    Edited by Armitas on January 31, 2015 7:49PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Instead of introducing a champion system they robbed all of our power and hid it behind an xp wall. Remember all that regen and cost reduction you had? We took it and now you have to grind to get it back. That is how the champion system feels right now.

^^ This.

Champion Points grind is also going to become a paywall as advancement will be agonizingly slow unless you purchase boosters from the Cash Shop.

Personally, I'm not very thrilled. I'd be happy to continue paying a sub, and would even be okay with B2P if the game wasn't being ruined in the process.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really a mess and a disappointment. I agree with aboves.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ultimate generation system feels like they killed a giant part of individuality in the game. "How do you generate ultimate? Oh you hit a light attack every 8 seconds..." That is kind of a boring system.
    Edited by Armitas on February 1, 2015 12:10AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

Agreed here. If the current rate of CP acquisition stays I will unsub when 1.6 drops. Ridiculous grind.
  • Rakshat
    Rakshat
    ✭✭✭
    As players, we need to be able to adapt to the new game, not complain that its different.

This can't possibly be a serious argument. Do you know why most players have been subbed to this game for almost a year? Because they like the game. Now, what makes you think that those same players who like THIS game want a BRAND NEW game??

I'm very sure that majority of players don't want a complete revamp. Maybe, just maybe, if they introduced all these changes one by one over a period of time, players would react more positively and zos would also have more time to work out bugs and other issues before releasing more changes. Right now it just feels that after a year of 'paid beta testing' they decided to just scrap it and start over.
    Edited by Rakshat on February 1, 2015 1:32AM
    Raven Ashcrown
    GM of CRIMSON MALICE
    Proud member of: BATMAN BRIGADE and TEAM SUICIDE SQUAD

R.I.P. Wabbajack
  • Berinima
    Berinima
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't understand how people think this is even close to balanced or fun. Feels like ZOS staff members are posting here to be honest.
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cp changes are insulting to vr folks
  • Feidam
    Feidam
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind the champion system. Sure I wish it was faster, but with a horizontal system you don't want people gaining points too quickly.
  • Berinima
    Berinima
    ✭✭✭
    Are you really sure about the horizontal part of your statement?

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading some of these things I'm extremely concerned about this champion system. I knew things like critical chance were being removed from armor passives to the champion system, and I was upset about that (but willing to stick with it) - but if our armor-specific recoveries are also nerfed down so that they could fill out the champion system with those stats, I'm on the verge of not even wanting to keep a subscription.

As others have said, this makes it seem like they're not introducing a new system at all, they're just taking away everything that we had pre-1.6 and putting it behind a massive experience point investment (which translates directly to a time investment). Of course, that ties in perfectly with the fact that they're going to be offering 'xp boosters' on their cash shop. I have a bad feeling that without those boosters (and maybe even with them), it's going to take months to get back to where we were pre-1.6. It's a case of one step forward, ten steps back.

Add onto that the fact that ZOS seems to have completely screwed up mob scaling in comparison to players, essentially putting us back in the old veteran difficulty that -everyone- hated, it's like we're moving backwards in development.

Up until now, I had every intention of keeping subscribed to the game and continuing to play, but the more I hear about 1.6 the more I dislike it.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Berinima
    Berinima
    ✭✭✭
    It's not crit chance and regeneration, everything was nerfed to the ground. And I feel the same way about my subscription.

ZOS, this is a mistake.
  • DanielMaxwell
    DanielMaxwell
    ✭✭✭
    from what i have seen in the feedback here on the forums and from what little play testing I have been able to do on the PTS the only thing in 1.6 that is close to being beta ready is the Justice system . Everything else for 1.6 needs to go back to the drawing board , champion system is to much grind with out enough fun to make the grind tolerable , the stat changes where not needed , and the itemization changes seem to be an attempt to force players into the cash shop .
  • Dragath
    Dragath
    ✭✭✭✭
    XP Nerf is too hard.
    Damage overall with the reduced Health is too high.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. They took too much away from us, only to give it back through grinding. And I seriously hope the fact that dmg boost and regens on jewlery being so miniscule compared to other gear, is a bug! thank you.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Berinima
    Berinima
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think it's a bug.
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels like they brought back a little challenge in the game. Its is much more fun now than it is on live. On live it was face roll this and this is too easy. These sets is what you need to use to be the best. Block all the time. Now I can go into a lower area and if I am not careful I could be killed from Spriggan's Beast. I use to just take out the beast and then take it the spriggan. Now I know to quickly take out the spriggan or interrupt the spriggan because the beast can easily do a lot of damage. Also it was stack all of these abilities to do the most damage on live or survive. Now its use your abilities together to survive or do much damage. The abilities work so well together now that its feels a lot better than it was on live.

I have not enjoyed this game so much since when I started playing the game back in April. Since its not easy getting cp I have been enjoying getting cp much more then I did trying to gain a vet rank. Adapting is the best part but of course when plenty complain too much about stuff things get change and this is the reason this game is going to fail because if they make too much change people will get mad but if they do not make enough change people will still get mad.
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The truly horrendous state of damage shield stacking/spamming. Yes its been around for the last 8 months, but its MUCH worse in PTS, and will potentially ruin PvP if it goes live.

Oh and yes the Templar is the new "OP" class:D I expect half the population to be templars when 1.6 goes live if it remains unchanged.

Get ready for blazing shield to become the new "OP skill"
    Edited by Cody on February 1, 2015 4:18AM
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some Nightblades that beat my ass into the ground beg to differ XD
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!