Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Character load freeze

knightpuppyandreweb17_ESO
Everything runs smooth up until I click to character load, and it runs the loading screen for a moment then completely freezes and the game becomes non-responding.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @knightpuppyandreweb17_ESO,

Does this occur with every character that you log in with, or is this specific to a single character?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • knightpuppyandreweb17_ESO
    I have tried with every single one, and tried to make a new one + disabling add-ons/changing setting/giving a repair to the game . The result is always the same.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotcha, thanks for letting us know!

We've had this occur in the past after joining certain guilds. If you happened to join a guild recently, that may be the cause of it.

The workaround is to swap the game's language, log in, and drop out of the guild you most recently joined. To change the game's language, click on the gold cog in the top-right corner of the launcher and change the language from the drop down menu. A short patch will download to update the dialogue, and you can then log in.

Once you're in, if you're able to make it beyond character selection give a shot to dropping out of the guild and swapping the language back to your preferred language. If you're not able to get beyond character selection, let us know and we'll be happy to do what we can.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • knightpuppyandreweb17_ESO
    It worked perfectly, I left a guild that made you crash the game when viewing the page of the guild, figured that one was the culprit.