The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Revenge of the Eternal Loading Screen

Korah_Eaglecry
Korah_Eaglecry
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
So Ive had this problem before way back when in the beginning of the game. Eventually it stopped happening and I was able to login regularly with no issues. I eventually unsubbed the game but left the game installed on my computer since I knew Id eventually want to come back.

Fast forward to two days ago. I decide to power up the Launcher and see if I could patch the game before resubbing. Trying to save me the headache of staring at the Launcher for hours after I had subbed. Everything seemed to have gone well and yesterday morning I decided to resub. After waiting for the maintenance to end yesterday I logged in but I was met by my old archnemesis the Eternal Loading Screen. This morning I logged in hoping that it was a fluke but no the Eternal Loading Screen is still holding my DragonKnight hostage and has yet to make any demands.

Please Zenimax. Send me your Technical ERT Squad to take down this issue.
Penniless Sellsword Company
Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Korah_Eaglecry,

We have the revenge of the clarifying questions!
    1. Does this occur with all of your characters, or just one?
    2. Where is your Dragonknight located according to the login screen? If they were in Cyrodiil, it's possible that you haven't logged in since the campaigns were changed, and they are now in a place that doesn't exist. If that's the case, we can pull them out!
    3. Where do you get the eternal loading screen? Here's a list of the loading screens that you get when launching the game > (Login > Loading Screen 1 > Character Select > Requesting Character Load > Loading Screen 2 > In Game) Where's the hang up occurring on that list?

Once these questions have been answered, we should be able to get you back in shape!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently its Loading Screen 1. Its been so long since I stepped away from the game that I dont remember where I was specifically with my character. But I do know the last region I was playing in was in the Daggerfall Covenant where there was a werewolf outbreak. Its possible that I left him in Cyrodiil though.
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Korah_Eaglecry!

So you're unable to reach character select at all then, correct? In that case, it's not likely to be an issue specific to the character, but we can certainly continue helping!

We'll start with the basics, just because it solves a large majority of these cases, and run a repair on the client. To do this, close the game and open up the launcher. Select Game Options above the news articles, then select Repair. Allow this function to run and once it completes, try logging in.

If that doesn't help, we ask that you submit a game consultant file to customer support. Once you have submitted the file, feel free to post the ticket number here. We'll have someone take a look and see what the issue might be!
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help here is the ticket number. 150113-000597
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much @Korah_Eaglecry‌!

We had someone send us the report.txt and went ahead and took a look. There are a few things on there that may be a part of the issue.

To start with the bad news, it seems that your computer is a bit below the minimum requirements to run ESO. Here are the necessary requirements for the game:

MINIMUM:
    Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: DirectX 9.0 compliant video card with 512MB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 / ATI Radeon™ 2600 or better)
    DirectX: Version 9.0
    Hard Drive: 80 GB available space
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card

Currently, you are running a dual core 1.6ghz processor, where a 2.0ghz dual core is required, and your video card only has 375MB of dedicated RAM, where 512MB is required.

That said, since the game was running in the past, we have a few suggestions that may be helpful and get the game running again!

First, it seems the drivers for your video card are pretty out of date. You can download new video card drivers for your card from the manufacturer website right here! http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64. You'll want to download the most recent Catalyst Software Suite, and once that is complete, run it and follow the instructions.

From there, you may also want to lower the visual settings of the game from the login screen to reduce the first load time. It is a bit longer after a patch occurs, but once you hit the character select screen you should be good to go. At the login screen, simply click Settings and choose Low in the graphics quality box.

After logging in, give it about 10 minutes and see if you progress to the character load screen. If the logo keeps spinning, it's still working!

If these steps don't help, let us know and we'll be happy to continue to do what we can!
    Staff Post
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks.