The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game Freezes/Extremely Slow on Launch

Page
Page
Soul Shriven
I have had this issue off and on since installing. Sometimes, after hitting Play on the Launcher, the game will come up but go all black and my cursor turns to the "loading" animation (Windows 8). It won't even load the opening credits, just black screen. If I leave it like this for ~10 mins it will eventually get to the login screen. When I put in my password it once again freezes for ~10 minutes and then gets me, slowly, to the Character Screen. If I try to play from here I get a message saying I should try again later and am booted to the Login screen.

No idea how to solve this. The game runs fine on my PC, now Firewall/Antivirus issues and I've made no changes to my PC. I run the game as Admin and have tried several fixes such as deleting the shader and lua files, no dice.

Ideas?
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Page,

We went ahead and created a support ticket for you on this issue so our support folks can take a look at your game consultant file and see what's going on. With the holidays in swing, support is a little bit backed up, so we'd like to offer some of the basics in the meantime in you haven't tried them already.
    1. The first thing to try is to repair the game from the launcher. To do this, close the game and open the launcher. Select Game Options above the news articles, then choose Repair from the drop down.
    2. Next, ensure that you have disabled all of your add ons. If you haven't already, head to Documents\Elder Scrolls Online and move the Addons folder to your desktop. This will preserve your addons, but prevent them from loading in the game. If this improves your load times, we recommend re-enabling your add ons one-by-one to determine which one is problematic.
    Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post