Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Launcher stuck on Loading without being on the main hub

shadowofmemory
shadowofmemory
Soul Shriven
Ok so I've been fighting with this damn game for a week now to get the darn thing to install. I was soo close when my laptop decided to restart canceling my download, when I was able to try to get the launcher to open once again it said the servers were down. I waited a couple hours (to be honest I fell asleep) and then I noticed a post stating I needed to re-install the launcher. I do that an now the launcher starts to open but gets nothing but the word Loading..... and the background changing. I'm getting severely pissed as I've had nothing but problems since initially trying to install this game. My hubby had no issues installing or activating his game, but me I'm down to 28 days of my subscription and I haven't even got the game installed or been able to play. How can I get the launcher to work so I can download the game and finally use my subscription time without losing yet another day or two?
<3 Bosmer for Life! <3
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Shadowofmemory,

Ensure that Automatic configuration Script and Proxy Server are disabled in your Internet options. These settings can be found by following the steps below:
    • Open your Control Panel
    • Select Internet Options
    • Click Connections on the top panel
    • Select LAN Settings
    From here ensure that Automatic configuration Script and Proxy Server are disabled (unchecked). Once the settings are applied, please retest the issue.

If it didn't work please try the following:
    • Go to the folder where the launcher is installed, locate the folder "ProgramData" and delete it.
    • In the folder where "ProgramData" was, locate all the files "host.developer.Xlog" (X will be a number) and delete them, keep the one with no number ("host.developer.log")
    • Open the file "hosts" located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and check if there is a line with the word "bethesda", if it's the case delete it and save.
    If these steps don't resolve your issue, please let us know. If they do, please feel free to contact Customer Support for the days that you've missed due to technical errors. They may be able to restore some game time to your account.

Thanks for your patience!
    Edited by ZOS_GaryA on December 31, 2014 7:41PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Star_Wanderer
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Shadowofmemory,
    • Go to the folder where the launcher is installed, locate the folder "ProgramData" and delete it.
    • In the folder where "ProgramData" was, locate all the files "host.developer.Xlog" (X will be a number) and delete them, keep the one with no number ("host.developer.log")
    • Open the file "hosts" located in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and check if there is a line with the word "bethesda", if it's the case delete it and save.

Don't forget, once you have found the "hosts" file, right click on it and click on properties, on the General Tab, uncheck "Read Only" before you attempt to edit the file. Else you won't be able to modify the file... ;)

• KryptonianJedi
    I can't even get past unzipping the installer!

Open the installer...it says, "Preparing to install...", gets to 100% and then nothing!

So frustrating. :(
    Edited by KryptonianJedi on April 8, 2015 4:45PM
  • QuantumBreak
    QuantumBreak
    Soul Shriven
    I have this problem too and i did everything that i found and still it doesn't work!
  • Tenchips
    Tenchips
    Soul Shriven
    Hi Guys!

Okay, after reading all of this, I had a hard time making the game install.

BUT I DID IT

Easy solution:
    • After downloading the installer, restart your pc in Safe mode (with or without internet access, doesn't influence)
    • Launch the installer
    • The loader appears, ready for you to login
    • Reboot to normal mode
    • PLAY

I wanted to share this earlier with you, but my invitation to the forum took soo much time to come (2 months).

See you guys later!
    Tenchips

P.S.: I posted this answer to all the threads I visited looking for a solution.