The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[VICTORY] The Great MMO Face-Off of 2014 - THE FINAL BATTLE - ESO vs. Lord of the Rings Online

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Oolou
    Oolou
    ✭✭✭
    Voted! Go ESO :)
  • Jaxsun
    Jaxsun
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOTRO
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voted for ESO and the Secret World. Those guys look like they have a great community. It was an honor to match up against them. I hope they get third, both games were in the lead when I voted.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voted ESO and TSW, but I see punches are already being thrown. smh
  • onlinegamer1
    onlinegamer1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neizir wrote: »
    VOTING IS NOW OPEN! WE'RE IN THE LEAD, GOGOGO!

Awesome! Just voted.

For LOTRO.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VOTING IS NOW OPEN! WE'RE IN THE LEAD, GOGOGO!

Awesome! Just voted.

For LOTRO.

Same
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elder Scrolls Online
    62.0%
    Lord of the Rings Online
    38.0%
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
  • JLB
    JLB
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, Lotro in the finals? A game that has been scaling old stuff for years and selling it as "new content", the useless mount combat and the horribly designed and boring "Big Battles" as their only new content for years?
    Congrats ESO!
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voted for ESO and EVE.
  • Neizir
    Neizir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get voting guys, we're losing ground quickly!
    Neizir Stormstrider

EU Megaserver

UK
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
    I have a fancy signature.
    ▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get voting guys, we're losing ground quickly!

I hope we win and all but I think LOTRO is going to take it. But ESO got my vote anyway. It was a good competition and I'm sure this will be another nailbiter finish.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO and TSW, they deserved it after semi-finals, and its not bad game after all. Sadly, trolls and idiots are already active in the comments...

TalulaRose writes:
    My vote for Lotro is a vote against ESO.

Made me laugh really. Sounds like another internet crusader on a mission to change the world :D
    Edited by Mortuum on December 30, 2014 6:48PM
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mortuum wrote: »
    ESO and TSW, they deserved it after semi-finals, and its not bad game after all. Sadly, trolls and idiots are already active in the comments...

TalulaRose writes:

Made me laugh really. Sounds like another internet warrior on a mission to change the world :D

LOTRO is an older version of ESO... Lore is the only major difference and LOTR wins the lore battle. Graphics may even be better...
  • Csub
    Csub
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TalulaRose writes:

Made me laugh really. Sounds like another internet crusader on a mission to change the world :D
    Many people are butthurt now and they just want to show how much!
    "The Divines gave you a nose for a reason, Tharn. So you can keep your mouth shut and still keep breathing. - Lyris Titanborn
  • ciritty
    ciritty
    ✭✭
    Hey guys! Some may remember me from last voting round - those that do not I Purchased ESO due to the incredible passion and reason many ESO supporters have shown.

I'm very glad to see the positivity in this thread, please don't cave to trolls on the mmorpg forum. I know several TSW players that have purchased/re-subbed and that's what matters. Show the world how awesome you are and get more people to see this incredibly underrated game (I'm still playing and it's awesome, I do miss a sense of difficulty coming from TSW and all but really i'm loving it and i'm hoping to find some challenge at end game).

I've voted ESO and TSW.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

TalulaRose writes:

Made me laugh really. Sounds like another internet warrior on a mission to change the world :D

LOTRO is an older version of ESO... Lore is the only major difference and LOTR wins the lore battle. Graphics may even be better...

Agree on the lore, but LoTRO graphics better?? Uuuhhh...
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, our two losers - TSW and EVE Online - will be facing eachother for the bronze medal. Be sure to vote for TSW in that bracket - they gave us a great fight and it's only fair that we do vote for them!

Gotta say, terrible reason to vote for a game. Vote for the one you like best. Don't vote if you don't know either game. Dishonest and unethical to skew the vote toward a game because it happened to be pitted against ESO in the last round.

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »

TalulaRose writes:

czdc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

about the same
    Edited by Amsel_McKay on December 30, 2014 7:24PM
  • Divad Zarn
    Divad Zarn
    ✭✭✭
    House Zar here for voting as well, 58.7% ESO against 41.3% LOTRO
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TalulaRose writes:

Lotro has a different style, but it's landscape graphics are in places great. Great dynamic shadow effects too--still one of the few DX11 MMO's out there.
    Character models, not so great though. But the shire, for instance, or Rivendell, still hold up well (waterfall effects kind of suck, however).

I'd be hard pressed to say they are as good as ESO in terms of resolution and water effects, character models, etc., but in some places they are certainly as, if not more, beautiful and artfully designed.

This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

• ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TalulaRose writes:

czdc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

about the same

That ESO pic is lower quality graphics. Looks a hell of a lot more detailed in my game :)

LsxlkPi.jpg
    Edited by ItsGlaive on December 30, 2014 7:31PM
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TalulaRose writes:

czdc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

about the same

http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/ISVRaDa/library/Elder Scrolls Online/Aldmeri Dominion?sort=3&page=1

• ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the very supportive and lovely post, @Neizir! And thanks to everyone else for supporting ESO during The Great MMO Face-Off. It's been so much fun for us to follow these threads and the results. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • B11zzard
    B11zzard
    ✭✭
    original.jpg
    Zard- V14 Templar - EU - IddQd

Sanctum Ophidia - First EU kill
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these pics are dependent on settings. Lotro on non-ultra settings can look like crap, but maxed out it's incredible in spots. Same for ESO.

ESO, coming along 6 or 7 years later certainly -should- be better graphically, at least in terms of technology--its built to support a minimum-pc 7 years later than Lotro had to support so they have more headroom to work with.

I personally think ESO manages to be the best looking MMO out there right now, but the fact that when compared to LotRO its not a slam-dunk when both are viewed at highest settings (and I go from one to the other frequently) is a testament to the landscape artists and designers of LotRO (especially SoA).
    Edited by daneyulebub17_ESO on December 30, 2014 7:44PM

• Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one thing that PC developers should start doing.
    Not supporting 10 year old computers.....
    You don't see new consoles games coming out and saying "it's ok, we dumbed down the hardware enough so you can play it on your old playstation . Those that bought the new machine wont mind reduced graphics cos your stingey.."
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Voted TESO all the way through hete but this time ot's gonna be LOTRO. This game doesn't deserve to win such competition especially with the way ZOS treats it's custommers.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »

TalulaRose writes:

czdc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

about the same

That ESO pic is lower quality graphics. Looks a hell of a lot more detailed in my game :)

LsxlkPi.jpg

Even your photo is missing a ton of graphic enhancements. The graphics are good in ESO I have my computer set to max settings and I have a few moments that I'm like that is nice, but most of the WOW that is amazing came when I played LOTRO 6 years ago and they had similar graphics and the first time I saw MMo with lighting effects and that amazing mirror effect.

The graphic above that B11zzard posted I have never seen that quality in game with the highest settings on my game computer. Even my graphic design computer with 4k cant get that graphic quality in game, so I dont know where you got that...
  • Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xabien wrote: »

TalulaRose writes:

czdc.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

about the same

LsxlkPi.jpg

Even your photo is missing a ton of graphic enhancements. The graphics are good in ESO I have my computer set to max settings and I have a few moments that I'm like that is nice, but most of the WOW that is amazing came when I played LOTRO 6 years ago and they had similar graphics and the first time I saw MMo with lighting effects and that amazing mirror effect.

The graphic above that B11zzard posted I have never seen that quality in game with the highest settings on my game computer. Even my graphic design computer with 4k cant get that graphic quality in game, so I dont know where you got that...

You should try an MSI Stealth laptop then, that quality is what I got most of the time. One thing I could never knock Zenimax for, the game looks amazing and with the new lighting effects it's awe inspiring.
    Prob why I and so many others get so angry when the rest of the game is half hearted attempts.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.