The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Computer Not Authorized

Imryll
Imryll
✭✭✭✭✭
I've been accessing ESO via the same computer for a year and a half. Currently, I can't log into the game because my computer isn't "authorized" and multiple attempts have not elicited an emailed access code.

Same computer. Same email. Please fix.
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Imryll,

A ticket has been created for you. Our support will contact you as soon as possible to fix this issue.

Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem with my account. I ve been trying(5 days) to login in my account but i never get the email with the code, but i recive other emails from eso. Everything is the same i just clean my temp files browser cache etc(usual maintenance on pc).
    Edited by Xupacabra on December 13, 2014 1:23PM
    Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_PierreL
    ZOS_PierreL
    ✭✭✭✭
    A ticket has been created for you too, @Xupacabra.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Xupacabra
    Xupacabra
    ✭✭✭
    A ticket has been created for you too, @Xupacabra.

Thank you

Chupacabra with rage @ EU server AD faction Thornblade home
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Nothing yet, but I look forward to hearing from Customer Service soon. I recently received the ESO End of Year Update, so there shouldn't be any confusion about my email address.
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we're moving closer to the cancel subscription option. I'm not sure why Zenimax and my ISP have such difficulty playing nicely together. The only difficulties I've encountered with my ISP have been ZOS-related and those have been myriad. As nearly as I can tell most have to do with masked IP addresses and ZOS being reluctant to reveal the actual addresses from which automated communications are sent--so that my ISP can search logs/whitelist those addresses despite the masking.

I'll discuss this with my husband tonight, but it seems that the I-pay-the-subscription-fee and you-provide-the-service model has broken down. Bottom line if every patch is going to mean a hassle restoring service, I'm just not up for it. I haven't encountered similar difficulties dealing with Blizzard, Steam, etc. and find myself unwilling to jump through such extra hoops to play ESO.
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Imryll,

Generally the solution to this issue is to change the email address that we have for you. Have you provided an alternate email address to customer support?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @ZOS_GaryA‌
    I've received a second communication from Customer Service containing similar advice. However, having thought it over I've decided that I've no wish to set up a new email account in hopes of better communication with ZOS. Unfortunately, account closure is complicated by the fact that not only is the computer I've been using for the last year and a half to access ESO no longer authorized to access the game, but it's no longer authorized to access my account on your website. And, surprise, surprise, multiple attempts have not elicited the needed access code from your website.

So, I attempted to reply to the most recent email from Customer Service, to ask if there was a more elegant means to close my account than simply putting a block on my credit card. Unfortunately this has resulted in my receiving a delivery subsystem message: MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.

Message is waiting at ... for delivery to mailrelay01.zos.atl.nexxphase.net.

The message will be retried for another 29 hours.

Reason: Mail server for helpmail.elderscrollsonline.com could not be contacted at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.

Just ... really? If enough folks don't receive your system notifications that there's a usual remedy, that tells me that it's YOUR problem, particularly as I've never had a problem receiving similar notifications from other companies. In any case, at this point I just want to be done with ZOS-related hassle. Please make it happen. You've produced a nice game, but maintaining a business relationship with you just involves too much muss and fuss.

Thanks again for your help.

• ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Imryll,

This is an issue that we are continuing to work on to ensure that all email addresses can receive the one time password notifications. For now, the only immediate solution we are able to offer is to swap the email address on the account.

If you do not have an alternate email address, there are various sites that allow you to sign up for an email address relatively painlessly. Gmail, Yahoo, and Hotmail are just a few examples.

We definitely understand it isn't the most elegant solution, but hopefully it helps!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA

But I don't wish to sign up for a new email address, I want to close my ESO account.

Forgive me if "This is an issue that we are continuing to work on to ensure that all email addresses can receive the one time password notifications" rings hollow. I first reported this issue in July 2013. At that time it was only the forum notifications that were problematic. Both my husband and I have had to use forum passwords assigned by ZOS staff because your tech wouldn't allow us to set them up ourselves. When passwords were reset last winter we had to corner other staff members to set up new ones. Unfortunately, instead of things improving, we're now unable to receive website and game-related access codes, as well. In a year and a half I'd expect to see some improvement if you've truly been working on it. Can you explain why this is such a problem for ZOS when I've never encountered similar difficulty in dealing with other companies? I trust that when you say you've been working on it, you mean that actual tech staff have been investigating the problem, not just Customer Service folks polishing letters of regret?

Regardless, being unable to access the game is bad enough, but being unable to access my account is just unacceptable. Since I can't close my account via your website, because I can't access it, I've asked my correspondent in Customer Service to do so on my behalf. Strange, that I can still access my battle.net account at will despite not having subscribed to WoW for several years, but ZOS can't let me access an account on which I currently have about three months paid in advance, using the same computer on which I've always played it. If you can't deliver service, perhaps a refund?

Edit: Resolved! I hope I in no way implied that my frustration was with the messenger, as I indeed appreciate your efforts to clarify my choices. Perhaps indeed the underlying tech problem will be can be fixed and one day I'll return to ESO. There's still a lot I haven't seen. Thank you again for your time and patient help.
    Edited by Imryll on December 17, 2014 1:38AM
  • calusstorm
    calusstorm
    Soul Shriven
    Hello I have been dealing with this no access code in my email for several days now , I have completed all the normal tasks to fix the problem and I can't find a way to put in a ticket to fix my game ..... I have tried to change my email but that never works please help me fix this problem. I HAVE TRIED FORWARDING MY E-MAIL. OPENING MY E-MAIL IN A DIFFERENT BROWSER AND EVEN THE LOGIN SCREEN. WE HAD TO REPLACE MY ROUTER AND THE ACCESS CODE IS'NT THERE NO MATTER WHAT I TRY. ALSO HAVE TRIED CLEARING THE CACHE. SO NOW WHAT. I AM TO THE POINT OF NO LONGERR PLAYING ESO. AND YET WHEN MY WIFE PUT IN A TICKET TO GET HELP I FOLLOWED EVERYTHING THEY ASKED ME TO DO , BUT TO NO AVAIL
  • calusstorm
    calusstorm
    Soul Shriven
    calusstorm wrote: »
    Hello I have been dealing with this no access code in my email for several days now , I have completed all the normal tasks to fix the problem and I can't find a way to put in a ticket to fix my game ..... I have tried to change my email but that never works please help me fix this problem. I HAVE TRIED FORWARDING MY E-MAIL. OPENING MY E-MAIL IN A DIFFERENT BROWSER AND EVEN THE LOGIN SCREEN. WE HAD TO REPLACE MY ROUTER AND THE ACCESS CODE IS'NT THERE NO MATTER WHAT I TRY. ALSO HAVE TRIED CLEARING THE CACHE. SO NOW WHAT. I AM TO THE POINT OF NO LONGERR PLAYING ESO. AND YET WHEN MY WIFE PUT IN A TICKET TO GET HELP I FOLLOWED EVERYTHING THEY ASKED ME TO DO , BUT TO NO AVAIL

and I forgot to add this number
    170925-000071
  • twitch700
    twitch700
    Soul Shriven
    same hear, same pc same email but no authorization code the email just has the word ( null ) on it where the code should be .
    I haven't played in quit some time and would like to start up again can someone pleas help.
    thank you twitch700
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twitch700 wrote: »
    same hear, same pc same email but no authorization code the email just has the word ( null ) on it where the code should be .
    I haven't played in quit some time and would like to start up again can someone pleas help.
    thank you twitch700

You’ll need to start a support ticket, @twitch700, to get help ... especially if it’s an e-mail authorization issue.
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 12, 2018 12:19AM