The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Suggestions for an eventual Khajiit-centric update

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Kudos for putting all this together, @Gidorick. It's a really cool post. :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thunder Cats hooooo !
    Edited by NotSo on December 2, 2014 6:07PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade
  • Gyudan
    Gyudan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kudos for putting all this together, @Gidorick. It's a really cool post. :)
    Yay! :)
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, please say the same about Gidorick's other cool suggestion regarding Skooma!
    Edited by Gyudan on December 2, 2014 6:10PM
    Wololo.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌! I had a blast reading up on the Khajiit and dreaming about how they could fit into ESO. It's inspired me too make my own Khajiit in-game. I'm currently designing an alchemist Nightblade for the Ebonheart pact. Imperial Edition FTW!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    While I think Orcs are more underrepresented than Khajiit in ESO currently given how they are relegated to a lowly starter island and a settlement or two elsewhere, I welcome more Khajiit focused content. New zones are coming for the Orcs of DC and Argonians of EP, so that leaves AD without an announced new zone. Luckily, there is all of that prime real estate in Elsweyr which is just waiting to be explored. Hopefully ZOS is already at work to bring us more Khajiit in 2015.
  • Zorrashi
    Zorrashi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if they do do a khajiit centric update, I would want more emphasis to be put on their culture and perhaps look into their moon-sugar harvesting process. But really, more than anything, I just want to see how the khajiit breeds interact with one another in regards to their breed's unique attributes.

I have heard of interesting co-op in "mixed unit tactics" and since then, I've always wanted to see it in action. Or even a much more calm version where I merely watch khajiit interact with each other on a normal day to day basis.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    Honestly if they do do a khajiit centric update, I would want more emphasis to be put on their culture and perhaps look into their moon-sugar harvesting process. ...

I did another post just on Skooma. While it's not about harvesting Moon SugarI mention that we would need Moon Sugar plant, which would be a Moon Sugar Cane I guess.

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/141857/skooma-concept-suggestion#latest

That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Suntzu1414
    Justice System + Housing = You being my rug :)

Justice System + Skooma = Jail

Kill Well
    ST
    DC - NB VR15 - Khajit - DW / S+B / Bow
    DC - NB VR 15 - Wood Elf - S+B / Resto
    DC - TP VR 15 - Brenton - Resto / Dual Wield
    DC - SC VR 12 - High Elf - Desto / Dual Wield
    EP - TP VR 5 - Nord - 2hd / 2hd
    EP - DK 20 - Imperial - S+B / Desto / Bow
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally decided on a name!

Here is Dar-Ja'Taba
    Dar-JaTaba_zps3c40f5b1.png
    "This one is not fond of the snow or the cold."

While making Dar-Ja'Taba I saw the potential for more sliders, such as: Snout Length, Ear Height (so ears can be on the side of the head), Fur Thickness, and Tail Length.

I think the body markings should be the same for all possible Khajiit variations. It would be kind of awesome to see the tail-less Bosmer-look-alike Khajiit breed, Ohmes, with leopard spots!
    Edited by Gidorick on December 3, 2014 4:40AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully support all of this. Not so much with the Argonian one cause bleh, lizards. BUT WE NEED MORE KITTEHS!!!
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be happy with just seeing the other subspecies as NPCs and having the rest of elsweyr opened up.

And, of course, senche-raht mounts.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I feel the inability to make characters with Digitigrade feet is a pretty glaring omission. While I understand the issue with the boots this could be easily circumvented by simply not allowing those with Digitigrade feet to wear boots. The trade off could be a longer leaping distance and a faster running speed. Perhaps even have these types of creatures run like a werewolf, on all fours.

After I went through the Argonian-centric update suggestion I really think sliders with a greater variation is what we need. We don't need hard subspecies selection for Khajiit, but more slider options.

A slider for tail and fur length (with the option of none for both) could be added. Also a greater variation of height, musculature, snout length, ear placement and size, and a toggle to switch between Digitigrade and Platigrade feet would all be VERY welcomed. The variations of Khajiits that we would see would really make the Khajiits a more compelling choice than they already are.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one would like to see more to help us celebrate Fishmas. The traditional Khajiit festival this one made up - which is a traditional Khajiit thing to do. Bring back the fishy sticks, give us a way of putting items in gift boxes to send to our kittens so we can then all play with the boxes as a family.

Saying that this one would of course love another Khajiit area like Khenathis Roost. Somewhere to walk on warm sands around other Khajiit. This one loves the Alik'r Desert but there are not enough Khajiit there and very few fish.

This one also pleads for the return of the moon sugar. I understand you may plan to bring it back later but how are these ones to get by in the meantime without any sugar? This one is not looking forward to spending the next six months shivering in corners.

This one would also like a racial skill to assist in the picking of the pockets - longclaws or something. Just because many Khajiit work in clothing and pockets are sometimes hard to um sew ....

Signed - Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick, all biped khajiit originally had digitigrade feet. Players were very unhappy about not being able to wear boots and helmets. Bethesda Studios took notes then made the khajiit have plantigrade feet because not having boots makes a very sad khajiit. Suggesting the restriction on boots being unwearable to those with digitgrade feet will only make grumpy khajiits.

GW2 has digitgrade feet for Charr and they are still able to wear boots. ZOS can either make an alternative look for boots on digitgrade feet or just omit the appearance but still have the stats of the boots.
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche and the Mane are already in-game, though theyre a bit different than what theyre described in some books - the Senche look more like what the Pahmar is described as but can't talk, and the Mane looks like any other bipedal Khajiit in-game, though to be fair the only picture I can think of besides ESO of a Mane was when it was wearing the manes of all other khajiit traditionally.

Pretty sure some alfiq are ingame too.

Support though, Khajiit are my favorite playable race :P
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    Senche and the Mane are already in-game, though theyre a bit different than what theyre described in some books - the Senche look more like what the Pahmar is described as but can't talk, and the Mane looks like any other bipedal Khajiit in-game, though to be fair the only picture I can think of besides ESO of a Mane was when it was wearing the manes of all other khajiit traditionally.

It's uncertain about the Alfiq, if they are the games is misidentifying them as cats.

I would like to see some more Khajiit types though, but maybe not the ones that look like woodelves.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more thing, I remember one of the reasons we dont get to explore much of Elsweyr is because in this time period the Khanaten flu is ongoing throughout most of Elsweyr, mentioned in-game too. Argonians are immune to it though.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick, all biped khajiit originally had digitigrade feet. Players were very unhappy about not being able to wear boots and helmets. Bethesda Studios took notes then made the khajiit have plantigrade feet because not having boots makes a very sad khajiit. Suggesting the restriction on boots being unwearable to those with digitgrade feet will only make grumpy khajiits.

GW2 has digitgrade feet for Charr and they are still able to wear boots. ZOS can either make an alternative look for boots on digitgrade feet or just omit the appearance but still have the stats of the boots.

In ESO they had digitigrade feet? Are there any screenshots of this? I'd love to see it! But digitigrade feet should be a CHOICE the player has. Afterall, there are Khajiit's and Argonians with plantigrade feet in Nirn.

I like your idea of having the boots "hidden" if a player has digitigrade feet! I think that's a splendid solution. Ideally, however, the artists should just recreate the boots to fit Digitigrade feet but.... they're not even willing to make Kajhiit and Argonian skeletons to scatter throughout the game so I'm not sure it would happen.

Also, it doesn't have to be a HUGE change. We don't need their feet to be halfway up their hind legs. Something subtle like the following picture would be great!
    proud_khajiit_warriors_by_gthusky-d7l9ck2.png

I got that from this wonderful old poll asking for this VERY thing: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/96159/should-khajiit-and-argonians-be-able-to-choose-their-skeletal-structures-during-character-creation/p1
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keep seeing articles about how Elder Scrolls 6 is 'probably' going to be set in Black Marsh.

Keep feeling like Elsweyr will be instead, since ESO has Argonian and Orc land content scheduled.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen the Mane yet myself! I'm excited to see it! I actually don't consider the Senche Tigers to be Senche Khajiit... similar name but different creature. Kind of how a we have a creature that's called a Killer Whale... but it's really a dolphin.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes this would be nice .
  • Terminus
    Terminus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Daggerfall Covenant already has Craglorn, so that means the next DLC should be for the EP or AD.

In EP, expansions may include:
    -Morrowind
    -Black Marsh
    -Skyrim

In AD, expansions may include:
    -The Summerset Isles
    -Elsweyr

There is a 20% change we'll see more of the Khajiit homeland,
    And there better be a 100% chance we see everything in this thread.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Murkmire is going to be the next Adventure Zone update... it was shown at QuakeCon 2014 back in July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGANBTnrSHM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

I haven't seen the Mane yet myself! I'm excited to see it! I actually don't consider the Senche Tigers to be Senche Khajiit... similar name but different creature. Kind of how a we have a creature that's called a Killer Whale... but it's really a dolphin.

Some/most are probably just animals, not actual Khajiit - but some do seem like they are actually Khajiit, I remember atleast one place in the game where a Khajiit was talking to a Senche as if it could understand him, probably Kenarthi's roost. In-fact most of the Senche's on Kenarthi's roost had names and seemed to be welcomed in normal social areas, so those would be the Khajiit - but the ones that fight us in Valenwood are more likley just animals, save for possibly the Sleepy Senche area.

Also I just researched a bit more and apparently Razum-dar has an Alfiq sister that he talks too if you stand near him long enough at one point on Kenarthi's roost. :P
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skooma.... not even once!
    Edited by Tonnopesce on February 1, 2015 8:53PM
    Signature

• Northern_Wolfling
    Northern_Wolfling
    ✭✭✭
    So, Ohmes don't have tails... Interesting. Are there Ohme NPCs in Eso already?

It would be cool to see more variety in khajiit in eso. :-)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing. I have such low confidence in ZOS right now to do much of anything we actually WANT though that I pretty much doubt they'll even consider something like this, which is kinda heartbreaking. :(
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'd love to see Elseweyr or however it's spelled make it into the game as a zone or collection of zones.

Likewise with all the racial homelands.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Gidorick, Bethesda Studios, ya know the people who made Elder Scrolls. The playable khajiit originally had digitgrade feet. Example;
    ESORACE_AD_21.jpg
    Bethesda Studios thought it was best to just change the khajiit's digitgrade feet to plantigrade feet. Instead of making alternative boots for beast races they decided to save resources and time for more important stuff.

So lorewise the playable beast races still have digitgrade feet. Bethesda Studios only made the change to plantigrade feet to save time, money, and to make it more convenient for players.
  • NotSo
    NotSo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESORACE_AD_21.jpg
    D*** he tall.
    Almost looks like a kangaroo mouse.
    I'm glad to see this discussion getting fresh posts again.
    Edited by NotSo on February 1, 2015 11:20PM
    Gar'Sol the Wanderer VR14 Khajiit Sorcerer Spellblade