The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alchemist Writ quest bug

UndeadBlood
UndeadBlood
✭✭✭
Alchemist Writ
- Craft Sip of Magicka 0/1
- Acquire Wormwood 0/3

You can pick up as many Wormwood plants as you want, the counter on the quest stays at 0. Crafting the "Sip of Magicka" works though. I asked in the zone chat and it seems like alot of other people have the same problem. Some people said their quest progression was fine, which is kind of weird.

Does someone around here have the same problem and maybe know a little trick to fix it?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on April 14, 2022 10:35PM
  • alkoriak
    alkoriak
    ✭✭✭
    I have exactly the same writ and no way to pass the "acquire" herb. I gathered it, took from guild, from mail, nothing worked. Someone said he resolved it abandonning the quest but it didn't work for me as I'm offered the same again and again. Maybe abandon and wait a day, ....Hope it gets patched soon.
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    its a bug and they know about it

"ZOS_GaryAZOS_GaryA mod
    9:10AM Staff Post
    Hey there

We are aware of this issue and it is currently being tracked in our known issues thread. Thank you very much for the additional report! "
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem but was asked to pickup Nirnroot.
    Also, there is a bug with other proffesion quests which require you to obtain resources.
    If you alrdy have them, you can put them into the bank, then withdraw and it will count as gathering the resource.
    Edited by killedbyping on November 5, 2014 7:16AM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you already have them, you can put them into the bank, then withdraw and it will count as gathering the resource.

Fraid not!

@ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • killedbyping
    killedbyping
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you already have them, you can put them into the bank, then withdraw and it will count as gathering the resource.

Fraid not!

What ? :)

Im just saying what i saw with my own eyes. Did Clothier, Blacksmith and Woodworking Writs like that yesterday.
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭

Fraid not!

What ? :)

Im just saying what i saw with my own eyes. Did Clothier, Blacksmith and Woodworking Writs like that yesterday.

Right. That works for those + Enchanting, but not for Alchemy currently.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I farm alchemy for an hour a day so this is the one I was most looking forward too. What a shame, hope it's fixed quickly.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the necro but the bug is still here.. after 8 years....
    Why not fix it.. It can't be that hard to fix..

Again sorry for the necro.. apparently necro a forum post is deadly in this forums...
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been playing since 2015, have 99 writ ready characters, and have never encountered this, with or without Plus. This is from just running a normal daily alchemy writ?
  • Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    This was just a normal daily writ for a low level alchemy player.. talking about level 2-3 or something..
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread given its age and given that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.