Infinite loadin screen after selecting the char you want to play with

HunterEmperor
HunterEmperor
Soul Shriven
Hello.
After i log into the game and reach to the characters menu, i double click on the character i want to play and it goes in to the "infinite loading screen'. I cant enter the server...no error appears..it just freezes after selecting the character and going in to the loading screen...It freezes at the loading screen..

I tried to erase the Elder Scrolls Online folder from My Documents -> not working
I tried setting every option to "Low" and even setting the Sound on "OFF" -> not working
I tried reinstalling the game on a different destination folder and erasing again the ESO folder from My Documents -> not working
I tried adding Elder Scrolls Online as an exception to the firewall -> not working
I tried launching the game from "The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client\eso.exe" -> still not working
I tried switching from my integrated graphics card to my dedicated one and vice versa -> still not working
I even tried creating a new character in order to log in -> still nothing..

I tried everything...please, can you help me ? I just bought 60days game time and it's making me crazy because i can't play..

Best regards,
Hunter Emperor.

PS: I've also made a support ticket.
PS2: This problem happens with all my characters..
PS3: I'm trying now the following: I deleted all ESO registries with regedit and i'm doing a fresh install but i still want someone to respond to this post, please.

PS4 ( THE MOST IMPORTANT ): The game worked before pressing on G to go and look at my guilds. When i switch to another guild to look at it, the game crashed. I tried it again for 3 times, it crashed on me every time. The 4th time i tried, the infinite loading screen after the selection of the character started and i wasn't able to "escape" it.
Edited by HunterEmperor on October 14, 2014 10:28AM
  • HunterEmperor
    HunterEmperor
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so.. i finished doing what i said at "PS3:" and the launcher gives me the following error:
    "Error 209 - PatchManifestError_VersionFail
    - Unable to determine current version. Please run the Game Consultant Tool (located under Launcher Settings -> About) and contact customer support."

So..what now ?
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @HunterEmperor,

We'll be happy to help you out in any way that we can!

To help with the immediate issue of error 209, we recommend our knowledge base article on the issue which you can find right here. Please follow the steps in this article and let us know if that helps the situation.

To clarify the first problem, when you experience the infinite loading screen, do you reach the actual loading screen with the area name and a painted image, or is it stuck rotating on "Requesting Character Load"? Those issues would require different troubleshooting, so we want to be sure we have a firm grasp on the problem prior to offering steps. Thanks for your patience!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • HunterEmperor
    HunterEmperor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GaryA‌ Thanks for answering. Yes, i just finished doing everything from there, tried everything from there and its still not working.
    Also, there are some things that i'm not so sure...about them..
    When i am in the "Login screen", at bottom it says: Version:eso.live.1.4.6.1065271 is this how its supposed to be ?

EDIT: Regarding to what you asked.. i'm at the actual loading screen with the area name and a painted image.
    Edited by HunterEmperor on October 14, 2014 5:29PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @HunterEmperor,

Thanks for letting us know! That's the correct current version, so you're all up to date, which is good.

A large majority of the folks who have run into issues at the loading screen have resolved the issue by adding an exception to their respective anti virus or firewall software. Most software allows you to add an entire folder as an exception, which we highly recommend. The folder to add is the Zenimax Online folder, located by default at C:\Program Files x86)\Zenimax Online.

You may also try disabling your anti-virus or firewall software temporarily while accessing the game. Please remember to re-enable this software prior to browsing the web or any other web based activities.

Let us know if that helps, and if not we'll be happy to continue helping!
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • HunterEmperor
    HunterEmperor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GaryA‌ oh...forgot to tell you guys...i don't have an antivirus and i disabled my firewall ( all of them, even the domain one ) since the problem started...the problem still occurs..
    Edited by HunterEmperor on October 14, 2014 6:33PM
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @HunterEmperor‌,

Thanks for letting me know, your patience is appreciated through the basics!

We have a stranger suggestion this time around. Are you able to access your characters if you change the language of the game? To do this, close the game and open the launcher. Click on the golden cog in the top-right corner of the launcher, and select a different language from the second drop-down box. It will install a short update to the languages and allow you to log in.

We understand that it may be a bit disorienting, the prompts are very similar. Simply log in with your username and password, then double-click on a character to hop in. Let us know if that works and we'll be happy to help you from there.
    Staff Post
  • HunterEmperor
    HunterEmperor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GaryA OH. MY. GOD !! It works. I entered the game by selecting French as a language. WOW. Thanks a lot.
    I'll try to switch back to English language and i'll tell you if it will work now for English language.
    Edited by HunterEmperor on October 14, 2014 9:49PM
  • HunterEmperor
    HunterEmperor
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GaryA‌ Ok, so simply switching back to english wont work...still "infinite loading screen" Only works on other languages, but not on English. so i've come up with something.

EDIT1:I tried switching back on french, erasing the "vo_en" folder, opening the launcher and switching back on English language and tried to enter the game...still not working.
    Amazing...don't understand why it works for other languages but not for English.
    Why is this happening ? I need to say that i'm not good with french or german so...please don't let me stay on these languages in order to play ESO.

EDIT2: With the help of Z0S_GaryA, the problem is solved. ( except for the error 209 )
    Edited by HunterEmperor on October 15, 2014 1:12AM