The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addon help

Dirtybyrd
Dirtybyrd
✭✭✭✭
I am looking for some intell on how this addon is supposed to work? I have it and have had it for some time, but now since the update 4 I have not been able to use it and I have updated it and talked with Garkin about it. But I though it was working because I saw it in game but now its not even showing up to use
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info639-GuildinviteContinued.html#info
Edited by Dirtybyrd on October 7, 2014 4:58PM
Dirtybyrd
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which addon?
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
  • DenverRalphy
    DenverRalphy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at your Addons settings and made sure "Allow out of date addons" was ticked on or off? Also verifying that it's ticked to On for that particular character?
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you looked at your Addons settings and made sure "Allow out of date addons" was ticked on or off? Also verifying that it's ticked to On for that particular character?

Yes, it is a addon without tools, like a stand alone and it was updated 10/06/14
    Dirtybyrd
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the mod author can't help you, then how are we supposed to? B)

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info639-GuildinviteContinued.html#comments

BTW Someone used this add on to invite me into a Guild yesterday, so it works for that person at least. I just responded to the invite, and that went through regular mail so I have no idea about the innards of the add on or what he did to get the invite out.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garkin's told me how to work it, and it did for the time.And I just do not have the heart to keep troubling him, He is so nice and helpful. But busy I am sure. But today for some reason it is not working again :(
    I really liked that addon
    Dirtybyrd
  • ZOS_UlyssesW
    ZOS_UlyssesW
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, all. We've moved this thread from the General Discussion - English section to the Add-Ons & UI Mods [EN] section. Thanks!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    Dirtybyrd wrote: »
    Garkin's told me how to work it, and it did for the time.And I just do not have the heart to keep troubling him, He is so nice and helpful. But busy I am sure. But today for some reason it is not working again :(
    If it still does not work for you, it could be some kind of conflict between addons. Do you use any addon which modifies chat? Anything what can modify player names in links (pNames, Guild Chat etc.).
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
    My folder with updated/modified addons: DROPBOX
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Garkin wrote: »
    If it still does not work for you, it could be some kind of conflict between addons. Do you use any addon which modifies chat? Anything what can modify player names in links (pNames, Guild Chat etc.).

Yes, pNames & Guild Chat

Dirtybyrd
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭

Yes, pNames & Guild Chat
    Guild Chat:
    I have checked addon code and it seems that if player is in one of your guilds, display name link is replaced with character link and it means that GuildInvite does not work. However if player is not in any of your guilds, links stays unchanged and GuildInvite should work correctly.
    By the way Guild Chat uses old version of LibChat library which does not support customer support flag in chat messages, so it is possible that if you receive message from CS, it won't show CS icon.

pNames:
    With this addon GuildInvite should work correctly.

Try to disable addons which modifies names in the chat and if it works, write me which addon causes conflicts. I will try to find a solution.
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild
    My addons: SkyShards, LoreBooks, Dustman, Map Coordinates, No, thank you, ... (full list)
    I'm taking care of: Azurah - Interface Enhanced, Srendarr - Aura, Buff & Debuff Tracker and more
  • Dirtybyrd
    Dirtybyrd
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes, pNames & Guild Chat
    Guild Chat:
    I have checked addon code and it seems that if player is in one of your guilds, display name link is replaced with character link and it means that GuildInvite does not work. However if player is not in any of your guilds, links stays unchanged and GuildInvite should work correctly.
    By the way Guild Chat uses old version of LibChat library which does not support customer support flag in chat messages, so it is possible that if you receive message from CS, it won't show CS icon.

pNames:
    With this addon GuildInvite should work correctly.

Try to disable addons which modifies names in the chat and if it works, write me which addon causes conflicts. I will try to find a solution.

First of all Thank you for helping me with this addon!
    I had a freind that had just started playing the game 10/8/14 and he had no addon's installed, So I had him to try that one first. It did not work for him as well. But the part I am trying to do is right click on a players name and you get extra actions in the window like invite to guild, That is not happening anymore. And that is what I was looking to get back from the addon. Thank you

I did remove all chat addons and still nothing, How ever I did keep pNames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kSJzwtcu8I&list=UUz-jpEhARYJMVCYTAHBklUg
    Edited by Dirtybyrd on October 9, 2014 7:48AM
    Dirtybyrd
  • Garkin
    Garkin
    ✭✭✭
    I think I have found what was wrong. I have switched variables name and rawName.

Try this, version, it should work:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7gso27y610uwxs/GuildInvite_Continued_fix.zip
    Garkin / EU / CSF guild