The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to beat Dragonstar Arena Vet Mode - Videos HODOR Guild

• ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello, all. We have removed multiple guild/player names from posts in this thread, as we do not allow “naming-and-shaming” other community members. “Naming-and-shaming” is the act of creating a post to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation, ridicule and/or shaming. Generally, naming-and-shaming involves an in-game situation and/or Terms of Service violation, which the ESO Community Team is unable to assist with.

If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — please do not bring the situation onto the official ESO community forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • GreyBrow
    GreyBrow
    ✭✭✭✭
    as we do not allow “naming-and-shaming” other community members. “Naming-and-shaming”

Am I the only one that thinks this is just a tad ridiculous? You can't have a real discussion without referring to the multiple parties involved by name. There is a difference between making a reference by name, and shaming another player. And In some cases i'd go so far as to say that a certain amount of shaming of certain players is necessary, given the circumstances. Some people's egos are bigger than cyrodiil, and they need to wake up and take a look out into the real world. Being "world first" on some game where you're only competing against MAYBE 1000 other people for that title doesn't mean anything at all. Next time, compete against ALL the other 7 billion people on earth and get a gold medal in the olympics if you want respect.

When I was a kid, immediately after the New Year hit, at 12:01, we would all try to be "world first" in some random accomplishment that, when I grew up, I realized none of the adults cared about. "OMG first handstand of the new year! first handstand in the world of 1991! I'm so cool and awesome!"

This is no different. A bunch of KIDS bickering about "world first," not realizing that NO ONE else in the world, save the 100 people in your guild, cares about. Okay, you completed it first. Big Deal. If the dev's cared or placed any weight on "world first," i'm sure they'd provide a mechanism by which we could discriminate between the two completion times.

Claiming a world first DOES NOT mean that you are the best. That argument is a non sequitur.

• Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreyBrow wrote: »
    as we do not allow “naming-and-shaming” other community members. “Naming-and-shaming”

Am I the only one that thinks this is just a tad ridiculous? You can't have a real discussion without referring to the multiple parties involved by name. There is a difference between making a reference by name, and shaming another player. And In some cases i'd go so far as to say that a certain amount of shaming of certain players is necessary, given the circumstances. Some people's egos are bigger than cyrodiil, and they need to wake up and take a look out into the real world. Being "world first" on some game where you're only competing against MAYBE 1000 other people for that title doesn't mean anything at all. Next time, compete against ALL the other 7 billion people on earth and get a gold medal in the olympics if you want respect.

When I was a kid, immediately after the New Year hit, at 12:01, we would all try to be "world first" in some random accomplishment that, when I grew up, I realized none of the adults cared about. "OMG first handstand of the new year! first handstand in the world of 1991! I'm so cool and awesome!"

This is no different. A bunch of KIDS bickering about "world first," not realizing that NO ONE else in the world, save the 100 people in your guild, cares about. Okay, you completed it first. Big Deal. If the dev's cared or placed any weight on "world first," i'm sure they'd provide a mechanism by which we could discriminate between the two completion times.

Claiming a world first DOES NOT mean that you are the best. That argument is a non sequitur.

If you don't care why are you in this thread? Some of us actually do care, we compete for it, it gives us something to strive for in this game.
    Alacrity Founder | Forum Emperor
    World First Veteran Dragonstar Arena

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Imperial Tripwyr - AD NA Templar, Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Came to thread looking for tips on DGA vet, leaving sad.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me, as part of the world third vet arena team(vid on youtube in my sig), cant care less. Dead is dead. Hodors Tactic is as valid as Alacrity´s possibly is.

There´s no official posting stating outranging Atronachs is an exploit or not. Both kills from you guys are done. And you did a good job. I know how hard the battlemaster is ;)

Calm down and enjoy to be one of 12 Players worldwide to be called Boethiah´s Scythe.
    Thats what i and my team do.
    Edited by xMovingTarget on September 30, 2014 7:44AM
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Tripwyr wrote: »
    TheMast3r wrote: »

You exploited Stage 10 to try to beat us to World First, how is that different exactly?
    Anyway im tired of this discussion because its not the way guilds should act against each other ...

Then stop responding, kill the boss legit, and stop denigrating us for getting World First.

We would have beaten this encounter at least 2 days before you if we had PVP buffs. Is that an exploit?

I'm sure you guys never orb spammed, shield stacked, harness magicka stacked, coordinated with other factions to achieve pvp objectives, or did anything else shady, right?

It's only an exploit when alacrity isn't testing it. Get off of it already.
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 30, 2014 9:14AM
    Officer of Da Funk (EP NA)
    DSA Vet Fastest Time NA (83 mins)
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zbtiqua wrote: »

You exploited Stage 10 to try to beat us to World First, how is that different exactly?
    Anyway im tired of this discussion because its not the way guilds should act against each other ...

Then stop responding, kill the boss legit, and stop denigrating us for getting World First.

We would have beaten this encounter at least 2 days before you if we had PVP buffs. Is that an exploit?
    I've tried to stay out of this, but this portion of your post is just pathetic. Woulda, shoulda, coulda basically. I somehow doubt PvP buffs made you take over a week later :|

• zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Huntler wrote: »

I've tried to stay out of this, but this portion of your post is just pathetic. Woulda, shoulda, coulda basically. I somehow doubt PvP buffs made you take over a week later :|

Are you serious? Do some math and tell me they don't make a massive difference in a balanced endgame encounter. ~300 health, 5% sp dmg, 5% wp dmg, 8% crit- for a min-maxxer, thats like a 15% overall buff to your potential output/survivability.

We had the boss under 10% multiple times, way before you cleared it. Hence, a huge buff would have meant a kill.

If it's no big deal, then go clear the encounter without the buffs! I haven't seen you do that yet. So, go put your money where your mouth is. And while you're at it, make a video using the "proper alacrity" tactic you feel is appropriate. Do that, and I will never question your abilities again.

Yes, it's that much harder.
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 30, 2014 8:57PM
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you need to validate yourself and make yourself feel better pumpkin.

giphy.gif
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

This is just straight trolling at this point. PVP buffs matter, even the other guys in your guild explicitly stated that. Does Tripwyr know you are out here, making yourself look bad?
    Edited by zbtiqua on September 30, 2014 9:09PM
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    @zbtiqua‌

im sorry to tell you that but you don't understand.

Everything which alactrity is doing is totally right und the best you can do. If they have buffs others don't have it doesn't matter. If they are not making videos its ok. If they have 14 hours more time it doesnt matter. If the didnt beat it on pts its just because they didnt wanted to do it. If u go in there thread and say gz its wrong, you have to go on your knees and pray to them. If they say u are doing smth wrong, then this means all other guilds have the same opinion.

They are just imba and godlike.

After all in this thread I understood that.

So bro you are wrong ;)
    Edited by TheMast3r on September 30, 2014 9:13PM
  • Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is just straight trolling at this point. PVP buffs matter, even the other guys in your guild explicitly stated that. Does Tripwyr know you are out here, making yourself look bad?

I speak for myself, thank you and frankly I couldn't care less what you think. I never said PvP buffs didn't matter, of course they do, what I pointed out was the sillyness of claiming you totally would of have it down... the whole woulda, coulda,shoulda thing should have pointed that out. Its meaningless speculation to make yourself feel better and I called you on it.

I'm going to go ahead and just leave it there and stop talking to you since you've proven across several threads exactly the kind of person I'm talking to... I try to avoid this so good day sir.
    Edited by Huntler on September 30, 2014 9:28PM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you serious? Do some math and tell me they don't make a massive difference in a balanced endgame encounter. ~300 health, 5% sp dmg, 5% wp dmg, 8% crit- for a min-maxxer, thats like a 15% overall buff to your potential output/survivability.

We had the boss under 10% multiple times, way before you cleared it. Hence, a huge buff would have meant a kill.

If it's no big deal, then go clear the encounter without the buffs! I haven't seen you do that yet. So, go put your money where your mouth is. And while you're at it, make a video using the "proper alacrity" tactic you feel is appropriate. Do that, and I will never question your abilities again.

It's not like the boss has some secret spell at 10%. If you got him to 10% you should have killed him plain and simple. The health is not a big deal especially if you're using hodor's strat since you won't be taking fire damage. I don't even understand what you can die to using that strat since the fire is the only challenging aspect of that fight. If you took the fire like us then I commend you, though. I'll give you the fact it's a big dps loss, but I don't think the fight hinges on whether or not you have super high dps.

Grats on your kill. Glad it was you rather than Potato.
    Edited by Manoekin on October 1, 2014 1:25AM
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »

It's not like the boss has some secret spell at 10%. If you got him to 10% you should have killed him plain and simple. The health is not a big deal especially if you're using hodor's strat since you won't be taking fire damage. I don't even understand what you can die to using that strat since the fire is the only challenging aspect of that fight. If you took the fire like us then I commend you, though. I'll give you the fact it's a big dps loss, but I don't think the fight hinges on whether or not you have super high dps.

I don't know what you are thinking we did, but in sorc phase my ass was on fire. And I assure you that extra buffs make a big difference when you are burning the last 25% on fire, with flame atronarchs and summoners everywhere.

FYI I asked the dev who developed DSA tonight (ZOS Jason) and he confirmed that the Hodor strat is NOT an exploit. And yes, he watched the videos.
    Edited by zbtiqua on October 1, 2014 2:31AM
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't know what you are thinking we did, but in sorc phase my ass was on fire. And I assure you that extra buffs make a big difference when you are burning the last 25% on fire, with flame atronarchs and summoners everywhere.

FYI I asked the dev who developed DSA tonight (ZOS Jason) and he confirmed that the Hodor strat is NOT an exploit. And yes, he watched the videos.

That's cool. Not that I agree with it, but it's whatever I guess. It's not like they deleted my AA time.

As for the buffs... at what point is anyone going under 300 health and not dying though? That's all I'm saying. Even if you're taking all of the fire damage that doesn't really happen because your healer is good enough to keep everyone topped off at that point, or at least very close to it. Either way, grats. I mean it's not like I've said your kill doesn't mean anything. It's a good achievement.
    Edited by Manoekin on October 1, 2014 3:04AM
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

That's cool. Not that I agree with it, but it's whatever I guess. It's not like they deleted my AA time.

As for the buffs... at what point is anyone going under 300 health and not dying though? That's all I'm saying. Even if you're taking all of the fire damage that doesn't really happen because your healer is good enough to keep everyone topped off at that point, or at least very close to it. Either way, grats. I mean it's not like I've said your kill doesn't mean anything. It's a good achievement.

OK so... first of all consider when he reduces your health... having bonus health (which may or may not be calculated before health is halved for the effect) substantially increases your survivability. If not used for health, it frees up many health/magicka points to be allocated elsewhere. On top of that, it's not just the health in question... spell power, weapon power, critical chance, spell resist, and even armor, all play marginal roles in your chances of success. It's a simple mathematical fact... higher numbers decrease the difficulty...
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OK so... first of all consider when he reduces your health... having bonus health (which may or may not be calculated before health is halved for the effect) substantially increases your survivability. If not used for health, it frees up many health/magicka points to be allocated elsewhere. On top of that, it's not just the health in question... spell power, weapon power, critical chance, spell resist, and even armor, all play marginal roles in your chances of success. It's a simple mathematical fact... higher numbers decrease the difficulty...

I agree with that. Just from my perspective as the healer... you can heal pretty much indefinitely in that fight. I don't want to argue though. Grats on completing it.
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    ~300 health, 5% sp dmg, 5% wp dmg, 8% crit- for a min-maxxer, thats like a 15% overall buff to your potential output/survivability.

I mean if you want to be completely Honest about it, for starters its a Max of 250 Health if you go into softcap then that's going to be less, the 5% spell damage buff is is 3-8 spell damage and the weapon damage is 6-10, with the max 8% crit its only about 5-9% Damage increase, as for the survivability increase as most dps is in full cloth the spell resistance does nothing and the amour bonus is really small its mainly the health that makes a difference

So its actually far from a 15% increase

The Point being mainly that yes the buffs are strong and they do go a long way but in terms of clearing most of the new content its about strategy not dps, so the buffs might help but you should be able to do it all without them.
    Edited by Spawn on October 1, 2014 10:26AM
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭

• TheMast3r
    TheMast3r
    ✭✭✭
    Anjelicus wrote: »
    well its nice to see your still working around mechanics, granted we did this as well on the PTS but only because of time constraints.

We are going to down this the way it is currently intended by NOT out of ranging the atronochs.

I do agree with @Tripwyr‌ to an extent about posting these videos that include mechanics that are not supposed to be working the way they are currently IE: out of ranging the Atronochs, which will hopefully be fixed in a later update.

Completely agree, this is clearly unintended. This is an eye-opening exploit, and I can't see any guild respecting Hodor's kill at this point in time.

Clearly and eye-opening ...
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They said the same thing about Orbs.

Tripwyr Manawrath - AD NA Sorcerer, Former Emperor of Haderus; Former Emperor of Hopesfire, First Cycle
    Tripwyr Flamewrath - AD NA Dragon Knight, Former Emperor of Thornblade, First Cycle
    Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

I am of the firm opinion that subtracting "raging stupidity" from anyone's voice can only cause them to sound more like myself.
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anjelicus wrote: »
    well its nice to see your still working around mechanics, granted we did this as well on the PTS but only because of time constraints.

We are going to down this the way it is currently intended by NOT out of ranging the atronochs.

I do agree with @Tripwyr‌ to an extent about posting these videos that include mechanics that are not supposed to be working the way they are currently IE: out of ranging the Atronochs, which will hopefully be fixed in a later update.

Completely agree, this is clearly unintended. This is an eye-opening exploit, and I can't see any guild respecting Hodor's kill at this point in time.

Clearly and eye-opening ...
    They said the same thing about Orbs.

Then, see my comment about how my orb AA time is still listed as my best time. Clearly a legitimate time if ZOS says so. I'm sure the Hel Ra times of bugging through doors still list for people.

An issue with ranging fire...

Something that every AOE attack in pve has in this game is missing from this certain attack. A red circle outlining the range? Even Mantikora slam has a range which covers maybe 90%+ of the room if you put him in the center. Why is this different?

As far as the dev... I've heard a dev say that Negate has the highest ultimate cost in the game when everyone knows it's Nova. Just color me skeptical.
  • iliatha
    iliatha
    ✭✭✭
    nice videos, great work beating arena vet mode :]
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz Hodor! Number #1 by far. Get a doughnut for your chairs so you dont get hemmroids! Peace out!
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Huntler
    Huntler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as the dev... I've heard a dev say that Negate has the highest ultimate cost in the game when everyone knows it's Nova. Just color me skeptical.

This... this is unfortunately true :( it happened.
  • zbtiqua
    zbtiqua
    ✭✭✭

Yes well, if the dev's aren't experts in their own game, then it's all a bit pointless to argue about and moot in the first place. That is what he said. I can only hope he is a reasonable authority on his own content.
    World 1st AA HM
    World 3rd Hel Ra HM
  • Tripwyr
    Tripwyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes well, if the dev's aren't experts in their own game, then it's all a bit pointless to argue about and moot in the first place. That is what he said. I can only hope he is a reasonable authority on his own content.

Sadly not always true, especially when a developer speaks outside their own scope. We need to be careful what we take as gospel as far as developer statements go, as they are not always thoroughly understanding of the subject or even misunderstand what the topic is.

We saw this today with my question regarding armor (which remains unanswered) because the developer simply did not understand the mathematical and mechanical basis behind the concern.

Always take everything with a grain of salt. With that being said, a developer stated that Hodor's strategy was "surprising" which is another way of saying "unintended". Not an exploit, simply not the intended mechanics of the fight. In my opinion cheesy, but in the all encompassing reality, a dead boss is a dead boss. If you did something questionable to get that kill, that is on ZOS' Q/A and PTS testers, not the players.

We can all argue after the fact about whether we agree or disagree, we can say that we will not use the strategy or that the strategy is exploiting, but at the end of the day if the boss is dead then the boss is dead.

Just my opinion after a few days of reflection.

Ripwyr - DC NA Templar
    Nyrv - EP NA Sorcerer

• Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Ifthir_ESO wrote: »

So should we not respect any achievements during orbs, any achievements during PvP exploiting, etc?

Not saying I agree/disagree yet, just curious.

That's like me saying I don't respect Alacrity staying up all night before the orb nerf to beat the EP time. Of course I respected it. Cheesy, but still took some skill.

We generally consider our fastest time to be 9m 02s. The 7m orb time was put in strictly to prevent [snip] from claiming that their exploited time was the fastest, nothing more.

As always, everything is open to interpretation. Our guild's stance is to consider ranging the fire atronachs an exploit. You may choose not to adopt that perspective, that is your choice.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Naming & Shaming]
    I take it you are referring to my guild then with 8m 44s 102ms? Kinda sad to accuse us of an exploited time where you openly admit you're the one that's doing such things.
    Edited by Kyoma on October 2, 2014 7:43AM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Spawn
    Spawn
    ✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    I take it you are referring to my guild then with 8m 44s 102ms? Kinda sad to accuse us of an exploited time where you openly admit you're the one that's doing such things.

Actually he is referring to a time on the NA board that was like a low 8, 8:15 or so, there is no need to use orbs for a 8:44, low 8's was in into range of anyone anyone with out any bugged abilities we our selves gotten to the Mage platform at 6:30 however we had 7 of the raid bugged would have been a 8-8.5min time. My current estimate of dps I it's definitely possible hit low 8 Min time and probably 7s if you max out.

Sorry I'm not sure who you are or if your Na or but the boards were riddled with players abusing orbs in both AA and Hel Ra as well well as using horse glitch to skip the 2nd bosses in Hel Ra.

The main point of AA 7:15 time was after we had spoken to Zoe devs and found out out the leader boards wouldn't be reset in till serpent we figured we would show what was possible when a good guild these tricks other guilds had been using get times that weren't even impressive considering the tactics used, we didn't jump in that ran so if we Min maxxed it hard it could have been a 6:30-6:45 run.

I do record all of our runs and I probably have that one somewhere including our original 9:02 AA time that held the record for several weeks, actually I think it may have even been the time that was the longest unbroken.

As a guild we have the privilege of speaking
    With Zoe and giving feed back and we have done anything questionable we generally with them if we can or should do it, this goes from things as simple as when we first skipped trashed AA and Hel Ra.

Anyway sorry for the wall of text.
    Hexspawn
    Officer of Alacrity
    Palatine Grade 2 [PvP Rank 36] - Former Emperor
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leaderboards have been reset old times don't matter anymore.