The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Guild Spotlight - Reddithium"

ZOS_JasonLeavey
ZOS_JasonLeavey
✭✭✭✭✭
This is the official discussion thread for the web article "Guild Spotlight - Reddithium." Check out this European player guild, and don't forget to tell us about your own guild for a chance to be featured in an upcoming article!
Edited by ZOS_JasonLeavey on September 17, 2014 3:19PM
Jason Leavey
Community Coordinator - The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
Staff Post
  • Kalann_Pander
    Kalann_Pander
    ✭✭✭
    4. We used to have a plethora of vampires in the guild; now we are down to just a few, one of whom is our official scout in PvP because he can sneak so fast!

Must say, well-timed. :p

Edited by Kalann_Pander on September 18, 2014 1:58AM
    Opinions are like buttholes : Everybody has one, and they usually stink.

3 things to reduce stamina/magicka imbalance :
    - Use magicka to block abilities costing magicka, instead of stamina.
    - Add % damage reduction to heavy armor.
    - Add block penetration to 2H.
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, yep. Well-timed.
    My fave: "Today we feature a guild that comes from a site you just might have heard of."
    Really ZOS? After all the negative press Reddit just got? And I thought I was socially oblivious.
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ZoS really thinks/puts much thought into their Social Networking stuff, and this isn't a random attack but rather a simple statement that was compiled after a series of just bad moves on their part.

Reddit messing up, guild gets published.

Light Armor and Staff is OP, let's showcase builds for it.

EP has little and few guilds being represented for the Guild Spotlight, let's showcase DC and AD ones.

Bows are OP in PvP, let's reduce their case time.

We built stacking bonuses for everything, but speed is too much on non-mounted players, let's remove speed bonuses all together instead of tweaking it.

There are more of course, many more, but do not be deterred or misunderstand my post, because for every f***-up ZoS has it has just as many or near as many succeeding ideas and presentations, such as buffing Medium Armor and at least stating that they're looking at melee weapons and stamina skills in general.

Just, for the "Road Ahead", get a stronger, faster vehicle please.
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Garion
    Garion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4. We used to have a plethora of vampires in the guild; now we are down to just a few, one of whom is our official scout in PvP because he can sneak so fast!

Must say, well-timed. :p

To be clear, this was posted long before the Night's Silence set even existed in its current form. This answer specifically refers to the sneak speed buff vampires get exclusively, without any additional buffs.

In respect to those of you talking about how reddit recently messed up with the hacked pics, it is quite clear you don't understand how reddit works. It is wrong to tar all reddit users with the same brush. Just because we are a reddit guild, does not necessarily mean we were involved in that whole debacle.

Reddit's content is created and submitted by its community. The Elder Scrolls Online community and the reddit guilds are one community, the celeb pics community is another one altogether. We are an ESO guild like any other, the only difference being that a lot of our members use reddit and we utilise reddit as our platform for communication (on www.reddit.com/r/ESOGuildEU). That is where the affiliation ends. Our members don't even HAVE to be a reddit user any more.
    Edited by Garion on September 18, 2014 3:54PM
    Lastobeth - VR16 Sorc - PvP Rank 41 (AD)
    Lastoblyat - VR16 Templar - PvP Rank 14 (AD)
    Ninja Pete - VR16 NB - PvP Rank 10 (AD)
    Labo the Banana Slayer - VR14 Sorc - PvP Rank 12 (EP)

Member of Banana Squad | Officer of Arena
  • MorHawk
    MorHawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garion wrote: »
    In respect to those of you talking about how reddit recently messed up with the hacked pics, it is quite clear you don't understand how reddit works. It is wrong to tar all reddit users with the same brush. Just because we are a reddit guild, does not necessarily mean we were involved in that whole debacle.

What's quite clear is that you don't understand my comment. It was in no way a slight on your guild. Stereotypes are rarely useful when applied so liberally. It was a criticism of the article author's choice of wording. Again, "Today we feature a guild that comes from a site you just might have heard of.". Do you not see how that's a tad tactless, given said debacle?
    Observant wrote: »
    I can count to potato.
    another topic that cant see past its own farts.
    WWJLHD?
  • Oldtimer209
    Oldtimer209
    ✭✭✭
    We probably could have read this article on Reddit first.... :)