Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Install PTS: HTTP request failed

Danske_Piet
Danske_Piet
✭✭✭
Hi,

today I tried to install the PTS on an other machine. During the download I getting the following error. "HTTP request failed"

The download from the EU-Server works. Only the PTS is affected.

Any solutions?

Ticket: 140913-000302
Edited by Danske_Piet on September 13, 2014 10:24AM
We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Same issue,

support usless as ever....
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • tyguild_ESO
    tyguild_ESO
    ✭✭
    Same issue since last night even did an uninstall, ccleaner and full install of the full game. Still can't get PTS...
  • DuelWieldingCheesyPoofs
    Guess we just wait untill the next update, i upgraded to fiber optic in the hope these issues would no long occur, guess not but on the plus side if i do have to uninstall it will be only a matter of hours to download and not days, i was super impressed i managed to download the pts in a couple hours
  • Danske_Piet
    Danske_Piet
    ✭✭✭
    I have just received a response from support. I'm supposed to check my network configuration, firewall, anti-virus software. What the hell is this. This is surely a joke.

@zenimax‌
    Check YOUR firewall, proxy, download server etc. And please, kick your technicians in the ...

Regards Peter
  • tyguild_ESO
    tyguild_ESO
    ✭✭
    Yeah I have my windows firewall disabled, antivirus disabled and enabled DMZ to try and get the PTS to download. This is clearly an issue with Zenimax at this point.
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue with me. No issues with the regular client but PTS will not install ... period.
  • FlameFallen
    FlameFallen
    Soul Shriven
    Same Issue. Main client is allright. EU server
    Edited by FlameFallen on September 13, 2014 8:50PM
    bug.jpg 257.3K
  • AlyennahsCrafting
    AlyennahsCrafting
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here.. Finally took the steps needed so I can actually install the PTS and now I can't download. :\ EU server here as well.
    When Alyennnah is not here, she's probably crafting. Quite possibly at Alyennah's Crafting in Wayrest. Or maybe she's out there, looking for new materials, recipes and styles to use in crafting. She wants to craft all the things.
  • nolankotulan
    Same here!
  • AlyennahsCrafting
    AlyennahsCrafting
    ✭✭✭
    It is now working intermittently for me. Already downloaded 8 percent. Yay! ;)
    When Alyennnah is not here, she's probably crafting. Quite possibly at Alyennah's Crafting in Wayrest. Or maybe she's out there, looking for new materials, recipes and styles to use in crafting. She wants to craft all the things.
  • nolankotulan
    I stay stuck at 8 percent...
  • AlyennahsCrafting
    AlyennahsCrafting
    ✭✭✭
    I stay stuck at 8 percent...

Same here, no progress beyond 8 percent, still getting the same error.. I didn't even see when it got to 8 percent. Closing down the client doesn't seem to help, all that does is trigger a check on the dowload which takes a lot of time. I'm going to leave the client open while doing other stuff, hoping that it'll start up by itself again as it did before.
  • nolankotulan
    Adrah wrote: »
    Same here, no progress beyond 8 percent, still getting the same error.. I didn't even see when it got to 8 percent. Closing down the client doesn't seem to help, all that does is trigger a check on the dowload which takes a lot of time. I'm going to leave the client open while doing other stuff, hoping that it'll start up by itself again as it did before.

Useless, it's definitly broken.
    The 8 percent aren't even downloaded.
    Check your download speed, it remains at 0.0 Kb/s.
    These are 8 percent of download check, and as nothing as been downloaded...
    The whole thing is broken.

Waiting for some news about it by Zenimax.
    Edited by nolankotulan on September 14, 2014 4:12PM
  • tyguild_ESO
    tyguild_ESO
    ✭✭
    Funny I spoke to a rep on the phone and he was escalating the issue and said I had done all the possible troubleshooting...next day I get an email saying I need to reset my router lol and I have a connection issue. The 8% is just the file check
  • Danske_Piet
    Danske_Piet
    ✭✭✭
    Any News from Zenimax?
  • ZOS_JanS
    ZOS_JanS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings everyone!

If you've still got this issue, please use our help portal to send a ticket to our customer support. Please make sure to use the game consultant to create a game consultant log and add it to your ticket.
    Additionally, please also send all host.developer log files (located in \Zenimax Online\Launcher) as well as the Launcher.Settings file (located in \Zenimax Online\Launcher).

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • AlyennahsCrafting
    AlyennahsCrafting
    ✭✭✭
    Ticket 140915-000957 submitted, I also referred to this topic. *twiddles thumbs*
    Edited by AlyennahsCrafting on September 15, 2014 6:09PM
  • nolankotulan
    Ticket 140915-001032 submitted, and I also referred to this topic and previous submitted tickets 140914-000925 and 140914-001017.

Thank you already for your quick replies and thanks in advance for solving this problem.
  • eholm101
    eholm101
    Soul Shriven
    So has this issue been resolved?
    just encountered the same issue today....
  • nolankotulan
    Not already. They are currently investigating the issue.
  • Danske_Piet
    Danske_Piet
    ✭✭✭
    It's working again!
  • AlyennahsCrafting
    AlyennahsCrafting
    ✭✭✭
    Working for me too, currently downloading both the PTS and 1.4.3 for the EU server. Fortunately I have a pretty good connection, so it won't take too long. :D

Interestingly they sent me a reply by e-mail, which refers to an entirely different error code and advising me to change firewall settings, etc. :'( But at least someone fixed it on their end, as I have little doubt that is where the problem was in the first place. So whomever fixed this, thanks! <3
  • nolankotulan
    I confirm that it is working on my side too!
    Thanks!