The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Last Prodigies vs. Mantikora, finally a dead Mantikora.

Robert_Pendragon
Robert_Pendragon
✭✭✭
A huge thanks to the entire team of Last Prodigies:
Butters (GM)
Azula
Elsa Arrendelle
Robert Pendragon
Fen
Joaquin Salamanca
Alyssyah
Thornez
Emma Grace Frost/Thistlemas
The Sing
Eatwidchopstx
Natalya Kan / Viper
Omelette du Fromage
Pinned You Down
Cypriots
Aceline Moonblessed
Erudition

• Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Very nice! Congrats, team!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Butters21
    Butters21
    ✭✭
    Thank you! We got 2nd boss to 25% also, tomorrow night we should be able to get it if we can get past the first again :smile:
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats guys!
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    Really fun first couple fights - can't wait to do them on live as well c:
    NA - Aldmeri Dominion - Last Prodigies AU - Decibel US
    ~ Fen - NB of your heart ~
  • Homunculis
    Homunculis
    Soul Shriven
    Was really fun can't wait to continue=D
  • thistlemas
    thistlemas
    Soul Shriven
    We can down the boss much faster on live server without doubt.
    Using better gear and more pvp scroll buff.
    BTW, it is so far the hardest boss I have encounter in this game in my opinion.
    Edited by thistlemas on August 28, 2014 4:05PM
  • thistlemas
    thistlemas
    Soul Shriven
    Let's complete the whole Serpent Trials before it release on live server!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    How does your DPS on the PTS compare to that on the live server, Last Prodigies folks who were part of this?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Homunculis
    Homunculis
    Soul Shriven
    DK are having a lot of trouble due to the boss being immune to the DoT's they do
    Edited by Homunculis on August 28, 2014 5:48PM
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What level were you? I'm just wondering why the drops were VR13. I would have thought they'd be VR14 drops.
    Edited by Vuron on August 28, 2014 5:49PM
  • Fen
    Fen
    How does your DPS on the PTS compare to that on the live server, Last Prodigies folks who were part of this?
    My DPS is a few hundred lower that it usually is. This is, however, with no pvp buffs and not being able to wear the sets I wear on live. Not sure if that makes all the difference or just part of it.
    NA - Aldmeri Dominion - Last Prodigies AU - Decibel US
    ~ Fen - NB of your heart ~
  • Azula
    Azula
    Vuron wrote: »
    What level were you? I'm just wondering why the drops were VR13. I would have thought they'd be VR14 drops.

We were all VR14, I assume VR13 is the default loot and they haven't updated the trials/ arena loot tables yet.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    phew good thing that helmet of viper has sturdy trait on it. Glad it is something useful because it would suck if it was a useless trait!
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Robert_Pendragon
    Robert_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭

My overall DPS went down by about 400 on average, but it is also due to other elements of the fight so it's hard to tell.
    Also, Jessica, if possible can I have a private question?
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Homunculis wrote: »
    DK are having a lot of trouble due to the boss being immune to the DoT's they do

Actually as a NB pointed out yesterday, if you keep looking @ the boss, you won't see the DoT appear, if you turn the camera away & back on the boss, you will see the DoT appear, still no damage being done sadly.

I've been trying to experiment other stuff but the loss of DPS for DKs on manticore is of around 300-400 compared to AA.

Has anyone tried stamina builds? I heard some rumors about people pulling insane DPS with stam builds ^^ I'm about to try this tonight since only 800-900 dps on my dk is getting depressing...
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will there be any plans to design trials with game mechanics that cant be ignored due to just standing in a ball and having massive dps?
    Edited by c0rp on August 29, 2014 2:05PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    c0rp wrote: »
    Will there be any plans to design trials with game mechanics that cant be ignored due to just standing in a ball and having massive dps?

Ya. This one you cannot "ball-up" in this trial or your group will get insta-gibbed.
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are making progression then
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
  • kosac
    kosac
    ✭✭✭
    gz.. hey gina why only vr13 loot for vr14 chars :(
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    c0rp wrote: »

Ya. This one you cannot "ball-up" in this trial or your group will get insta-gibbed.
    Actually.....

I just watched this video. I'm not sure if this is the first attempt on which they beat the boss but it shows that you can still stack up all together and just negate & heal through everything.

Several things I noticed:
    Two people get sucked in the black hole yet they appear 90 seconds later without loosing any health in between. I know you can sneak inside to prevent aggro but how did they manage to get out? Is it simply time-based or did they somehow 'travel-to-player' and ran back to the group?

Then, no black hole seems to appear (that, or it gets negated each time). Is this because the (mini)boss inside is not properly killed or are they indeed negated? If so, then that's the reason this fight is once again reduced to a 'stack frenzy'.

I'm not saying it's super easy this way and won't require coordination but all of the good and engaging mechanics are simply ignored and/or negated because you can stack up when the black hole is eliminated from the entire fight.
    Edited by Kyoma on September 3, 2014 3:11PM
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Aca
    Aca
    ✭✭
    I just watched this video. I'm not sure if this is the first attempt on which they beat the boss but it shows that you can still stack up all together and just negate & heal through everything.
    I really hoped that here will never be a video like this..

They somehow 'travel-to-player' and ran back to the group
    Im sure, you can see that..

No new black hole = No enrage Phase = No new Spears = GG

#feelffooled :)

Edited by Aca on September 3, 2014 4:00PM
    Hel Ra / AA Harmode: Clear
    Sanctum Ophidia 4/4
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that gets fixed before release :/

Seems like another stackandspamskillswithoccasionalblock fight otherwise :(

Last Prodigies, did you report this?
    Edited by DDuke on September 3, 2014 4:09PM
  • Comaetilico
    Comaetilico
    ✭✭✭
    if zos don't consider this to be an exploit... than I don't know what could be considered as such :/

I suggest that every riding guild actually attempting the serpent try this out and report it immediatly (using /bug after having actualy gone trough the bug help much more than simple report since there is lot of information added to the /bug function)... hopefully it will not last long (I already assume that this will make it to live... but at least if lot of us report it now there is a good chance it will be fixed within the first couple of week of live patch ^^')
  • Robert_Pendragon
    Robert_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Yes, and this won't make it to live. We developed another strat for Mantikora shortly after anyway, this strat makes the fight incredibly buggy.

• Robert_Pendragon
    Robert_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭
    if zos don't consider this to be an exploit... than I don't know what could be considered as such :/

I suggest that every riding guild actually attempting the serpent try this out and report it immediatly (using /bug after having actualy gone trough the bug help much more than simple report since there is lot of information added to the /bug function)... hopefully it will not last long (I already assume that this will make it to live... but at least if lot of us report it now there is a good chance it will be fixed within the first couple of week of live patch ^^')

Don't worry there's a reason we released the vid =D Serpent won't be trivialized.
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭

Yes, and this won't make it to live. We developed another strat for Mantikora shortly after anyway, this strat makes the fight incredibly buggy.

Don't worry there's a reason we released the vid =D Serpent won't be trivialized.
    Thank you, it is good to see that others prefer a difficult fight as well. Btw, was this indeed the first time you killed this boss or did you do it the hard way? :)

Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Robert_Pendragon
    Robert_Pendragon
    ✭✭✭
    Kyoma wrote: »
    Thank you, it is good to see that others prefer a difficult fight as well. Btw, was this indeed the first time you killed this boss or did you do it the hard way? :)

We had our first kill way before ,that attempt was done just last week when our resident frapser got back.
  • Butters21
    Butters21
    ✭✭

We have a meeting with the developers tonight about the whole entirety of the serpent trial we will be having a lot of input about the fights and the trash also.( The trash before the Manitkora is zzzz) There is an enrage phase but that video shows it up about 95% of the fight. The fight was incredibly difficult.
  • Butters21
    Butters21
    ✭✭
    Had a lengthy chat with the developers of the Serpent Trial. Confirmed that a stick and stack strat will not be viable at all once live.