Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealth/invisibility and NB

• Blackthorn51
    Blackthorn51
    ✭✭✭
    Still no update? ZOS can you please get off your asses and do something? Your subscribers are getting pretty bloody angry by now. Quit adding new content until you fix the broken content you've all ready got! It's MMO 101. FFS Have ANY of you who work for ZOS ever even played a bloody MMO? Please get it together before more people Unsub.
  • wllstrt75b14_ESO
    wllstrt75b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Stop it....you know darn well if it's not a sorcerer or relates to a sorcerer and their OP ness it doesn't need to be fixed.

Zeni rap doesn't want the skill to work properly that way u can't kill their sorcerers efficiently.
  • GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with many posters here.

Related to Keep and resource NPC's breaking Invis, I am pretty sure that they have some sort of timer that goes off if they detect you, that no matter how far away you get, you cannot get back into stealth. I have clipped keep corners and hobbled a quarter of the way to the next keep and still cant get back into stealth.

I want this fixed almost as much. Entering an enemy keep is virtually impossible. Seriously, unless I'm in a zerg ball, or the open corridors of an enemy keep, I can't go anywhere without breaking stealth and being useless. If I get even 2 inches too close to a tower, the npcs start running me around the keep.

Another thought...

I really think this game makes stealth too easy for all the classes, and therefore it's not a distinctive enough advantage to make Nightblade worthwhile. Because, if you think about it, other than the cloak and its morphs, NB's actually have no actual stealthiness advantage.

Any Khajiit in medium armor, no matter what class they are, can sneak as well as I do. They can move just as fast, unless I waste my surprise attack morph on concealed weapon, they can crit from behind with a heavy weapon attack, or heavy bow attack, and they probably have some escape or protection ability that even if the Cloak DID work, might still be a better ability.

So I get stealth ganked by more Sorc's and DK's than I do nightblades. And dont get me started about stealth blobs...

basically, even with these fixes, I don't feel like theres anything that Nightblade does that I can't actually do better with another class. That's a problem.
  • NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Why oh why didn't they just make a multiplayer elder scrolls game. :'(
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with many posters here.

Related to Keep and resource NPC's breaking Invis, I am pretty sure that they have some sort of timer that goes off if they detect you, that no matter how far away you get, you cannot get back into stealth. I have clipped keep corners and hobbled a quarter of the way to the next keep and still cant get back into stealth.

I want this fixed almost as much. Entering an enemy keep is virtually impossible. Seriously, unless I'm in a zerg ball, or the open corridors of an enemy keep, I can't go anywhere without breaking stealth and being useless. If I get even 2 inches too close to a tower, the npcs start running me around the keep.

Another thought...

I really think this game makes stealth too easy for all the classes, and therefore it's not a distinctive enough advantage to make Nightblade worthwhile. Because, if you think about it, other than the cloak and its morphs, NB's actually have no actual stealthiness advantage.

Any Khajiit in medium armor, no matter what class they are, can sneak as well as I do. They can move just as fast, unless I waste my surprise attack morph on concealed weapon, they can crit from behind with a heavy weapon attack, or heavy bow attack, and they probably have some escape or protection ability that even if the Cloak DID work, might still be a better ability.

So I get stealth ganked by more Sorc's and DK's than I do nightblades. And dont get me started about stealth blobs...

basically, even with these fixes, I don't feel like theres anything that Nightblade does that I can't actually do better with another class. That's a problem.

all of the above.
  • Bouvin
    Bouvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean coming out of Invisibility, or mobs dropping combat?

Aspect of Terror also broken when talking about the latter....
  • Piedplat
    Piedplat
    ✭✭
    I was playing my magic NB build last night, it was comical. Was using Shadowy Disguise to stealth so I could use Concealed Weapon for the auto crit and the stun, literally every single time I tried to use this combo my Shadowy Disguise would break before I could use it.

Every single time.

^ this

That is what dev told us since beta, repairing the cloak but no true resolve.

A class with broken mechanic, that resume the nightblade...

armata.ca
    GuildeQc PvP
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I can be just standing still and I come out of invisibility instantly. It's severely broken. The whole detection system is broken in general as well. I can be detected, go far away, and still be detected some how. On the flip side of that, a dude can be directly in front of me and "sneak" and disappears. Invis and sneak in this game is starting to annoy me....
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I can be just standing still and I come out of invisibility instantly. It's severely broken. The whole detection system is broken in general as well. I can be detected, go far away, and still be detected some how. On the flip side of that, a dude can be directly in front of me and "sneak" and disappears. Invis and sneak in this game is starting to annoy me....

To be fair it sounds like you're getting hit by detection potions.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why has there been no staff comment on this? Ridicoulous - a potion is more effective than our class defining ability at the moment!
  • lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess it's still broken then good news is things are happening to the other classes on the PTS patch notes. Nb not mentioned though it's like we are eso ginger step kid.
  • Grim13
    Grim13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember the fixes by patch 1.2.x lie?

I do.

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All NBs may as well use the potion instead of cloak. the potion actually works like it should, AND lasts longer. Its also not hard to get.

I really don't understand why this ability has been broken for so long. Its the most important ability of the class. Some of the best combos NBs can do, have to have cloak involved in it. But the cloak breaks far too much to be reliable. Not every time, but too much.

cloak is also useless against keep guards. If it does not break near them, they will actually still see you, while you are cloaked, and they will follow and still attack you. Apparently, All keep guards in cyrodill in the second era, during the planemeld, have thermal vision. If that's the case, then the players need thermal vision as well(the thermal vision thing is of course just a joke)
  • tbrocato
    tbrocato
    ✭✭
    It would really be nice for a developer to give us some kind of status update on the problems with cloak....if they are having problems fixing the bugs, just be honest and tell us.
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭

Um No - simple answer unless NPC's regularly pop them its definitely broken

And if Yes (which I doubt) - What I will require is a cheap potion that completely counters green dragon blood and bolt escape

Suggest

Anti enemy self heal pot implementation
    anti enemy teleport pot

If a potion can instantly negate a class defining ability - lets all have them:)
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piedplat wrote: »
    BROKEN

CONFIRMED.

YOUR DoT's on an ENEMY will break you out of invisibility!

Test this yourself: Cast Crippling Grasp on an enemy. Hit cloak. Witness useless broken core skill since beta.

I emailed ZOS and this is what they had to say:
    "Please report this bug by typing /bug in your in-game chat box."

PLEASE, EVERYONE! Take a minute to /bug report this in-game!
    Edited by Phinix1 on September 8, 2014 8:15AM
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    All NBs may as well use the potion instead of cloak. the potion actually works like it should, AND lasts longer. Its also not hard to get.

Which reminds me... When can we (NBs) get the potions that will allow us to use other classes' defining abilities and the potions that will allow us to prevent other classes from using them? Because, you see, we are not unique. Some people say, that NBs are the best in stealth things, but - hello! - others can drink a pot and become invisible for a longer time. Others can drink a pot - and see us when they shouldn't.

Give us the corresponding potions too, so for some time we can reflect spells, or teleport, or heal the entire hp bar? I just... I just don't understand why game designers that were balancing classes are not fired yet, really.
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spangla wrote: »

Um No - simple answer unless NPC's regularly pop them its definitely broken

And if Yes (which I doubt) - What I will require is a cheap potion that completely counters green dragon blood and bolt escape

Suggest

Anti enemy self heal pot implementation
    anti enemy teleport pot

If a potion can instantly negate a class defining ability - lets all have them:)

Um yes. The literal description for what he described, being spotted by someone some distance away while he can't spot that same player up close, is a detection potion.

"I can be detected, go far away, and still be detected some how. On the flip side of that, a dude can be directly in front of me and "sneak" and disappears".

A ) I did not say that I'm happy about that.

B ) I did not say it should be this way.

C ) I simply explained to him what's going on because he couldn't understand the inconsistency he was experiencing.

What is it about these forums where people decide to literally decide everything about your views on an issue, not from the countless posts you've made but on a single post where you point out a single fact just because it's not something they want to hear?
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BROKEN

CONFIRMED.

Test this yourself: Cast Crippling Grasp on an enemy. Hit cloak. Witness useless broken core skill since beta.

Yes, it's known, they know it, they've said they know it, they do nothing about it. It's almost comical now that it's been broken this long.
  • groh
    groh
    ✭✭
    Signed.Fix it pls, fix it well, fix it quick, now !
  • Piedplat
    Piedplat
    ✭✭

When you pup a potion of detection that didnt break invis/stealth it just give thw possibility to see them.

Here you see the invisibility break by dot(even the morph option who REMOVE 4 dot) or by a solo target skills.

armata.ca
    GuildeQc PvP
  • Richard.A.Ferrellub17_ESO
    BROKEN

CONFIRMED.

This has been reported repeatedly since day 1 of launch. ZOS has already officially acknowledged this bug... OVER 3 MONTHS AGO. They have yet to do anything about it.
    Edited by Richard.A.Ferrellub17_ESO on September 8, 2014 7:21PM
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find that the solution seems to be to stack enough magicka and regen to be able to simply spam it until it does work after heal bubble and hoting myself.

Of course, that probably wouldn't work with my stamina build. XD
  • tbrocato
    tbrocato
    ✭✭
    I find that the solution seems to be to stack enough magicka and regen to be able to simply spam it until it does work after heal bubble and hoting myself.

Of course, that probably wouldn't work with my stamina build. XD

I am a stamina based (well some may consider me more hybrid) dw/bow and I constantly have to do the same thing.

• ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. As part of Update 4 (currently planned to go live next week), we will be fixing the bug in which damage ticks from Nightblade DoTs were causing Shadow Cloak and its morphs to be removed early.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • CapuchinSeven
    CapuchinSeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. As part of Update 4 (currently planned to go live next week), we will be fixing the bug in which damage ticks from Nightblade DoTs were causing Shadow Cloak and its morphs to be removed early.

That's great, thank you. But it doesn't really do anything about Shadow Cloak just simply breaking because you're stood next to something.

Simply being told that this is or isn't meant to be the case would really go some way to getting rid of Nightblade frustration.
  • GwaynLoki
    GwaynLoki
    ✭✭✭

That's great, thank you. But it doesn't really do anything about Shadow Cloak just simply breaking because you're stood next to something.

Simply being told that this is or isn't meant to be the case would really go some way to getting rid of Nightblade frustration.

I understand what you mean but considering my current frustration with the class/cloak, I take what I can get. Thx for the info @ZOS_AmeliaR‌ .
    Edited by GwaynLoki on September 10, 2014 6:52PM
  • NakedSnake
    NakedSnake
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow cloak needs to auto stealth on activation.
    "Brilliant! Why is it that the people with the most ridiculous ideas are always the ones who are most certain of them?"
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is great to read, thank you for taking the time to post the update. =)
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • GreyPilgrim
    GreyPilgrim
    ✭✭✭

well, it's a start. thanks for the update.