Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Stacking Siege ..."or stacking runes but not oil?"

SLy_Kyti
SLy_Kyti
✭✭✭✭
Can we get an update when (instead of adding how many particles from how far -- I can see bats swarm-- sliders for animations)...
...SIEGE can be Stacked please?

No longer making it into PTS update notes, nor developer discussions, this long forgotten promised fix has virtually disappeared from ZOS radar. It has not diminished from RvR players notice nor has it made Cyrodiil less frustrating. Can we please get a acknowledgement that you are even "aware" that it isn't stacking either in the bank or in our bags?

Relevant bit here: " Siege equipment can be stacked to five in the inventory (with the exception of forward camps and mercenary contracts)."...

>>>>>http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100211/patch-notes-v1-1-2

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/126288/seige-equipment-to-stack-please

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1084352#Comment_1084352

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1193687#Comment_1193687

[editing to add: before someone comes and says "well doh! it's so you don't carry a battalion's worth of siege into battle" let me say that not being able to stack guild siege deposited by 30 players is not a good thing when you have 35+ oils taking up guild bank slots as well as 5 kinds of siege]
Edited by SLy_Kyti on August 25, 2014 9:58PM
Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
Member~ NZAD
Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
-Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can one get a paltry second look here? Maybe a random " yes I agree?" :'(
    Member~ NZAD
    Options
  • bluesodafizz
    bluesodafizz
    ✭✭✭
    SLy_Kyti wrote: »
    Can one get a paltry second look here? Maybe a random " yes I agree?" :'(

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/categories/EN-alliance-war-main

I think you'll get more of a response in the pvp area of the forums.
    Options
  • ZOS_SandraF
    Greetings, everyone!

We wanted to let you know that we've moved this thread from the "General Discussion - English" forum to the "Alliance War" forum.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree ( ^_^ ). This would be wonderful to fix!

(As a personal work around, when I'm not in PvP I mail my siege equip to a guild mate and get them to bounce it back to me and then keep it as attachments).
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Options
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was supposed to have been rolled out in 1.2 or some time around there but never worked (go figure).
    Options
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or allow us to buy more bag space..im maxed out bag and nearly maxed in inventory
    Options
  • serenenightmare
    serenenightmare
    ✭✭✭
    I would absolutely love if siege stacked. 35 oils take up a lot of space. :(
    Edited by serenenightmare on September 12, 2014 11:56AM
    v14 Sorcerer: Aerendyl Merith
    Former Empress of Volendrung, first cycle.
    Former Empress of Thornblade, fourth cycle.
    v14 Templar: Aeren-chan
    v1 Dragonknight: Aelrindel Merith
    v1 Nightblade: Arendelle Merith
    No Mercy.
    Aeren Cartel, Best Drugs North America
    Options
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SandraF, @ZOS_GinaBruno - Is there any response or update that ZOS can give us? it's not listed in the DEV forums as something they are looking at (or remembering they said they would fix).
    Member~ NZAD
    Options
  • Sighlynce
    Sighlynce
    ✭✭✭
    Agree.. and if they don't want us to stack for whatever reason, give us a separate bank account for pvp area.
    "What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd even be fine if they stacked in the bank and not in my character inventory.

rip decibel
    Options
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    from another siege stacking post i responded to:

actually the problem with stacking siege is as follows:

they were going to have stacking siege equipment at one point and then ran into an issue where siege weapons that had taken damage or had decayed had different values then siege weapons that hadn't, and as a result wouldn't stack back up again

I suggest one of two options be implemented:

1) undamaged siege weapons stack - when you deploy one and are finished with using it, it simply doesn't go back into the stack and is the first one to be used again of that type next time (i believe there was an issue with item id# being the same being the same whether the siege item had taken damage or not - not sure of the exact specifics)

2) have siege bags available for sale from the pack merchant where you buy upgrades for you backpack inventory space -

small siege weapon bag holds 5 siege items: 5,000 gold,
    medium siege weapon bag holds 15 siege items: 15,000 gold
    large siege weapon bag holds 25 siege items: 25,000 gold
    huge siege weapon bag holds 50 siege items: 50,000 gold

only 1 siege weapon bag can be in your inventory at any given time

(this bag system should be extended to crafting as well as is 1 series of bags for runes+ glyphs, 1 series of bags for alchemy mats+ potions, 1 series for provisioning mats, recipes and food, and a final series of bags for combined woodworking, clothing and blacksmithing raw and processed materials and improvement mats)

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
    Options
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭
    Such as easy fix. Give us a "Siege Sack" charge us AP to increase it's capacity. Only siege equipment can be stored in said sack and siege cannot be stored in our regular backpack, done.
    Edited by Phaedrus on September 25, 2014 4:10PM
    Phaedrus Wolf
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phaedrus wrote: »
    Such as easy fix. Give us a "Siege Sack" charge us AP to increase it's capacity. Only siege equipment can be stored in said sack and siege cannot be stored in our regular backpack, done.

Actually, the easiest fix would be to set the flag "isStackable" on all the equipment to true, and adjust the "maxItemsPerStack" variable to 20. ZOS wouldn't even have to write any new code!!
    Options
  • Phaedrus
    Phaedrus
    ✭✭✭

Actually, the easiest fix would be to set the flag "isStackable" on all the equipment to true, and adjust the "maxItemsPerStack" variable to 20. ZOS wouldn't even have to write any new code!!

Ya probably true. I guess I meant an easy fix as far as in game mechanics go not programatically easiest.
    Phaedrus Wolf
    Options