The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Update 3 is Live!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Update 3 is Live!" We hope you're enjoying all the new features available in this update!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Valturion
    Valturion
    ✭✭
    HALLELUJAH!
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard a rumor that guild banks that were only accessible to the GM and officers were left exposed to theft before they shut things down. Is this true? When I access my guild bank tomorrow will all my stuff still be there? Anybody have any official information on this?
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • pierceoftheender
    why is it my guild is gone? ever since they unactivated it i havent seen my guild
    A horse walked into a bar. Several people got up and left as they spotted the potential danger in the situation.
  • brimits
    brimits
    ✭✭✭
    The girls will want to take up fishing with the Slaughter fish flesh die being pink!
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guilds have good reasons to be excited about the update, too. Guild leaders can now create custom guild ranks and design their own guild tabard. There are tons of icons, colors, and tabard shapes available, so pick your favorites and put your guild’s identity on display. There’s more: guild stores can now be found throughout Tamriel. On a weekly basis, your guild can bid on one of these locations. If you win, your guild’s store will be available to the public, and you’ll make some gold from the sales!

Funny how none of it is working but it's written as if there was nothing wrong.

Yay!! Guild has been updated!! But too bad guys, you won't be able to use it! In fact, you won't be able to use anything guild related! Be it updated or not! We screwed up even after a full month of PTS testing!! Woohoo!
    Edited by Aeradon on August 6, 2014 6:02AM
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Prophix
    Prophix
    Soul Shriven
    Why release something unfinished? story of this fcukin game!
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prophix wrote: »

It was not release unfinished. It was release with an error which they quickly working on fixing. You need to chill and think logically. I like that they are fixing the problem instead of letting it persist. Quit with all of the negative.
    Edited by Darkonflare15 on August 6, 2014 6:10AM
  • Kego
    Kego
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    Yay!! Guild has been updated!! But too bad guys, you won't be able to use it! In fact, you won't be able to use anything guild related! Be it updated or not! We screwed up even after a full month of PTS testing!! Woohoo!

Maybe the tester screwed up, cause no one tested guild feature?
    Maybe it is a bug that only occurs with guilds already created? In that case it would not show up during PTS.

But yeah, blaming others is always easy. We all know that YOU will never ever do any mistakes.

• DyingBreed

It was not release unfinished. It was release with an error which they quickly working on fixing. You need to chill and think logically. I like that they are fixing the problem instead of letting it persist. Quit with all of the negative.

yes they are fixing problem quickly like the item not stacking in the guild bank to this day and it only started when the game was release (Golf Crap) way to go guys that is some speed,fixing class abilities that was broke from day one like the nightblade just got fixed in this patch, damn you guys are fast thank you for being there when we need you,oh wait you wasn't you was making stuff look pretty like putting more light bulbs in the building so we could see the abilities not work.I seen a snail say move over I need by, I got places to be. That is how fast the ESO crew is moving.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We have not been able to enjoy all the new features since most of them seem to be broken. I'll let you guys know as soon as you fix them.
    Edited by eventide03b14a_ESO on August 6, 2014 3:28PM
    :trollin:
  • jerzey_gamer
    Damn, was really lookin forward to this patch. A little bummed to see that everyone is having so many issues with it. Hope they get it fixed ASAP.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln
    Gawjo - VR15 Nord DK DPS [US] | 50 Alchemy/Blacksmithing/Provisioning
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS:

Thanks for update 3 (and fixing guilds). I love the dye stations! I'm really excited about the stuff you're working on for later - justice system & spell crafting in particular.

Pretty much every gripe I've had with this game has been addressed/fixed and I appreciate it, because I still very much want this game to succeed. It really feels good to know you guys have been listening.

Try not to burn yourselves out too much with these next few updates. :smile:
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DyingBreed wrote: »

yes they are fixing problem quickly like the item not stacking in the guild bank to this day and it only started when the game was release (Golf Crap) way to go guys that is some speed,fixing class abilities that was broke from day one like the nightblade just got fixed in this patch, damn you guys are fast thank you for being there when we need you,oh wait you wasn't you was making stuff look pretty like putting more light bulbs in the building so we could see the abilities not work.I seen a snail say move over I need by, I got places to be. That is how fast the ESO crew is moving.
    Hence what I have said before better for them to fix it now then let it persist. Not everybody experience having the same problem. Its very hard to fix a problem for this many people which it could cause more problems for other people. Speed is not necessarily good if you mess up every thing. So it is great that they are improving now rather stay the same way from launch.
  • LulleK
    LulleK
    Hello!

Very nice with the dye system. It feels like this allows you to make the character really yours.

Unfortunately I've experienced a lot of bugs since the update. I don't know if i had bad luck and is he only one, but here are some of the things I've experienced:

- The game has crashed about 6-7 times in different situations.
    - Sometimes when I travel with wayshrines my character changes colour to some kind of purple metal.
    - A lot worse fps compared to the last patch.
    - I play with bow and two handed for the moment. Sometimes when i change weapons from bow, my character uses the bow as a two handed weapon. Looks kind of cool, but i guess that's not how it supposed to be :)
    - When I use the bow, it looks like it doesn't do any damage to the enemies, then they just stop moving for a while and I cant shoot them with skill-attacks anymore. Then they die.
    - Magnum Shot doesn't work properly. It bounces me away (sometimes) but not the enemy.
    - I was almost killed by a couple if invisible enemies and had to unleash my ultimate to kill them.
    - When questing in Auridon, I fought a couple of deadras. They kept respawning the second I killed them. Every time. That happened with all the deadras in that area.

That's all I can remember. At the moment the game feels like an early alpha/beta version and is almost unplayable (for me at least). Please fix this so I can play my favourite game of all time again :)

Edited by LulleK on August 6, 2014 9:52PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like the new features, however the new patch is full of bugs and poor performance:

- Switching between weapon sets is SLOWER
    - Switching weapons displays the wrong weapon (or none)
    - Most mobs don't show battle animations
    - FPS totally sucks now (choppy and slow)

The dye system is great. It is nice to finally see players that look like individuals instead of looking like everyone else. It could use some improvement though:

- Drag-n-drop instead of clicking
    - Better 'true' colors instead of all those ugly pastels

It would be nice in a future patch if there was a way we could change our characters physical attributes. Perhaps I no longer want a beard or perhaps my female character wants to change her hair style or breast size.

I would also like to see food consumption animations match their inventory icons. For example, enriched honey brittle shows a grilled steak in your inventory but when you eat it it shows you munching on a turkey leg. Most foods are like that.

All-in-all this is a great game that I will be playing for year's (as long as you add new maps and quest lines).
    Edited by Enemy-of-Coldharbour on August 7, 2014 3:28PM
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main

PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed with set-switching issues; also, Cyrodil in general needs lots of work. Still getting bugged scroll quests (ie scroll spawning in a territory that my alliance already owns) and constant, I mean CONSTANT crashes for no reason.
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cgipervert wrote: »
    I really like the new features, however the new patch is full of bugs and poor performance:

- Switching between weapon sets is SLOWER
    - Switching weapons displays the wrong weapon (or none)
    - Most mobs don't show battle animations
    - FPS totally sucks now (choppy and slow)

The dye system is great. It is nice to finally see players that look like individuals instead of looking like everyone else. It could use some improvement though:

- Drag-n-drop instead of clicking
    - Better 'true' colors instead of all those ugly pastels

It would be nice in a future patch if there was a way we could change our characters physical attributes. Perhaps I no longer want a beard or perhaps my female character wants to change her hair style or breast size.

I would also like to see food consumption animations match their inventory icons. For example, enriched honey brittle shows a grilled steak in your inventory but when you eat it it shows you munching on a turkey leg. Most foods are like that.

All-in-all this is a great game that I will be playing for year's (as long as you add new maps and quest lines).

I am not having some of the same problems.
    -Switching between weapons sets is faster than before
    -Mobs still show battle animations for me
    -FPS is still the same for me
    -Now weapons freezing when I switch them
    -2nd weapon bar always appears first even though I am using the first weapon slot, this was happening before the patch.
  • adskill
    adskill
    Soul Shriven
    SOOOOO has anyone else had the problem where all your toons are gone and the game acts like its your first time playing. I was sent the 1 time mail of pledge of mara and the other items for preordering and beta testing is this temporary or what cause i had to reroll a new toon to play for now
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was playing one of my alts in Auridon and noticed ALL my food is missing from my inventory. When I bought more it did not show up in my inventory. When I picked up food it was not in my inventory. What is going on??? I can't buff my character (mage) for difficult fights now. Please fix this as soon as possible. Thank you.

PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Arioco396
    Arioco396
    ✭✭
    the next two days this last patch, the game has crashed like 7 times a day, take the last 24 hours without being able to load a character. I have not received a solution, even possibility for the technical service.
    the only thing they ask me is the report from my pc. wow, that's new ... maybe too good for this game?
    I'm getting tired of the continual crashing of the game, not you try the patches?
    give me some solution?
    motherboard: http://www.asus.com/es/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X79/
    So with this all said.
  • Wissper
    If this is the best they can do for a 'major update' I weep for the future of this game. I may restart my subscription if they actually add more content with one of these 'updates', but since this game has been out 3 months and there are no signs of anything new I see no need to renew right now. This update only added functionality that should be standard issue in every modern MMO, and they're acting like they just landed on the moon or something. Guild stores and dye systems are not rocket science.

Best of luck everyone.. and I hope that the devs add more content in the future to keep players interested.
  • DyingBreed
    DyingBreed wrote: »

Hence what I have said before better for them to fix it now then let it persist. Not everybody experience having the same problem. Its very hard to fix a problem for this many people which it could cause more problems for other people. Speed is not necessarily good if you mess up every thing. So it is great that they are improving now rather stay the same way from launch.

What I was saying is people in the game are leaving at a very fast pace so they better get their *** in gear and fix itor so it will be a ftp or a ptw piece of crap.
    Edited by DyingBreed on August 8, 2014 9:13PM
  • Arioco396
    Arioco396
    ✭✭
    after 2 days 7 crashes day, finally I can not play. take five days without being able to play and I'm paying for it. tell me they are going to get an update, but when? honestly never seen a game with so many bugs.
    my question is: if I cancel I get my money from here to October? or I have to wait until October stupid face to cancel? since each patch or upgrade forces me to play 3 weeks a month, which is what would have to pay ....

may be too much pc for this game?

System Information
    Time of this report: 8/11/2014, 18:14:51
    Machine name: GAIA
    Operating System: Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.140502-1507)
    Language: Spanish (Regional Setting: Spanish)
    System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 05/06/14 19:40:30 Ver: 47.01
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8128MB RAM
    Page File: 4713MB used, 11606MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 32bit Unicode

my simply do not load any character after loading the game. just gives me a funny windows error: incompatible program
    Edited by Arioco396 on August 11, 2014 4:47PM
  • Guar
    Guar
    I am quite happy with update 3!
    -Guarburger